Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

2023 CHILDREN IN NEED NEW WHO. Empty
PostSubject: 2023 CHILDREN IN NEED NEW WHO.   2023 CHILDREN IN NEED NEW WHO. EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 1:42 am

Just watched the 2023 Children in Need Dr Who minisode and I really enjoyed it.

I know it was for Charity, hence the slight comical nature but it was well done and added a nice piece to “New” Who lore.

Where it was somewhat ruined for me was when I watched the interview with RTD explaining the rationale for Davros not being a “wheelchair user” in the clip. Something about not wanting to portray “wheelchair users” as evil in anyway.
So he basically says that things change over the years and he wants Davros not to be wheelchair bound going forward and that’s how it’s going to be on future Who.

I was more than happy with the minisode touching on Davros being a younger incarnation,before his needing the chair for life support, and working on early DALEK designs.
But for RTD to just come right out and state that this is how things are now,basically rewriting history to suit his own opinions on how he wants to see the world, is insane imo.

He doesn’t want “wheelchair users” to be represented as evil so he just erases the fact that the character was wheelchair bound for over 45 years on the show.
More woke ideology to fit their obscene views of how the world works.

Hope for better going forward in terms of revisionist writing.
Back to top Go down
Beamus
Beamus

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2019-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 2023 CHILDREN IN NEED NEW WHO.   2023 CHILDREN IN NEED NEW WHO. EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 1:53 pm

I loved the clip, but I could have done without RTD's PC comments. So, if showing Davros in a wheelchair implies that handicapped people are evil and looking at the Children in Need clip, does that mean that RTD is implying that all balding white men in gloves are evil? Where does it end?

However, in discussing this with a friend, he thinks the comments were made to generate discussion of the program before the specials premiere. If that's the case, it worked!!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 2023 CHILDREN IN NEED NEW WHO.   2023 CHILDREN IN NEED NEW WHO. EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 11:16 am

I moved this topic from the product section to the episode discussion section because its really about the minisode and not about any product.

Sea,
Admin
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 2023 CHILDREN IN NEED NEW WHO.   2023 CHILDREN IN NEED NEW WHO. EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 6:00 pm

...and you can watch it here...

Back to top Go down

2023 CHILDREN IN NEED NEW WHO.
Page 1 of 1