Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?

Go down 
+6
Timeladyjojo
Captain Jack
77nation
CJSchmidt
Calixar
Brain of Davros
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? Empty
PostSubject: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 7:56 am

I vote for Patrick Stewart.He's basically a legend in the Sci-Fi world and ofcourse he's a Brit so it's a win/win.

I bet he would love to play the character at his most evil.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 11:06 am

I was hoping for Head, but he's already done a very high-profile character.

Hmmm... but the krilitane oil didn't seem to burn him...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 12:18 pm

It really depends on where they want to take the character (if they do at all).

I think Gary Oldman would make a great Master. He could pull off the eccentricities of the character without loosing the darkness and evil.

I'm still not sure if they'll bring him back or not, but I would love to see Russel's take on the character. Would make a great season finale.

If I could add to the question:

How would you like to see the new Master return?
Back to top Go down
77nation

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 4:23 pm

My choice for the new Master is Christopher Eccleston. Just think of the confusion!

(my son came up with this one and is demanding credit).
Back to top Go down
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 5:05 pm

You guys know this information has been posted in the news section at Outpost Gallifrey as of 2/10/07?

They have a spoiler that purports to have news.

I won't repeat anything as I don't know how to do spoiler shields here and don't want to ruin it for anyone. Wink
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 6:46 pm

... just popped over to OG and read it.

Iiiiiinteresting! I look forward to that... and the other spoiler bit I read involving my favorite Medieval monk/detective.
Back to top Go down
Timeladyjojo
Timeladyjojo

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 6:20 am

How about Christopher Lee? He was terrific as Soron in Lord of the Rings. Or, How about the guy that played Gandalf? Both are great actors. Patrick Stewart is a great actor, but I am not sure he could pull it off. :master:
Back to top Go down
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 10:17 am

Having seen Stewart in a range of roles, I believe he could easily play the Master.

Having him go "against the grain" and play an extreme baddie could send chills down a person's spine.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 11:21 am

So correct me if I'm wrong... the eye of harmony connected to a black hole that the Time Lords used to power their TARDISes. The Master was pulled into the eye in the Fox/BBC movie. The Satan beast was trapped on the edge of a black hole before getting sucked into it in "The Satan Pit". The beast from the finale of TW was one of these satan monsters. Bilis serves them and has the power to travel through time... does this sound like a set up to anyone else? Maybe the Satan monsters made a deal with the Master to give him a new body if he served them.

Can anybody post a link to the OG spoiler?
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 12:29 pm

http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php#newsitemEEZEEyFEFAxhxRkkXc
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 5:21 pm

Thanks for the link. Ouch, no more Torchwood until 2008!
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyWed Feb 14, 2007 6:45 pm

with his youthful look this Master could be a pre 10th regeneration Master that the Doctor has never met before.
Back to top Go down
jjasch
jjasch

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyFri Feb 16, 2007 10:23 pm

Patrick Stewart,hmmm we are talking The master not Ming the merciless.
Back to top Go down
jjasch
jjasch

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyFri Feb 16, 2007 10:32 pm

Ok, I'll take a stab at this. One actor I choose is more for a his voice than his appearnce. Jeffery Combs . He did a voice over for the last sesson of Batman the animated series and He is one creepy voice. He bit of a chamelon so he might pull it off.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyFri Feb 16, 2007 11:31 pm

Ainley would have been perfect as Ming in a serious Flash Gordon film.
Back to top Go down
WhoMA_Joe
WhoMA_Joe

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyMon May 28, 2007 10:26 pm

Another Harry Potter actor in DW interesting but they have other idea's, although u have a good idea .

CJSchmidt wrote:
It really depends on where they want to take the character (if they do at all).

I think Gary Oldman would make a great Master. He could pull off the eccentricities of the character without loosing the darkness and evil.

I'm still not sure if they'll bring him back or not, but I would love to see Russel's take on the character. Would make a great season finale.

If I could add to the question:

How would you like to see the new Master return?
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 2:33 am

If anyone has listened to Big Finish's "Sympathy for the Devil", you've got to know that Mark Gatiss would be a perfect Master.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Xombie
Doctor Xombie

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?   Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 12:10 am

jjasch wrote:
Patrick Stewart,hmmm we are talking The master not Ming the merciless.

LOL Did you see the Season 3 season finale?
Back to top Go down
http://www.DOCTORXOMBIE.com

Who would you like to see play the new Master on Who?
Page 1 of 1