16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master Empty
PostSubject: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:12 pm

For reals.

http://www.express.co.uk/features/view/304650
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:34 pm

Interesting news. I do hope we will be a menacing Master and not the buffoon Simm was.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:14 pm

He better have a rubbish beard again!
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:35 pm

...and properly say...

Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master 0000c1w3
I am The Master and you will OBEY...ME!!!

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:29 pm

Wow with an actor like this in the role,it can be great!!!
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:36 pm

All we need now is a much better actor to play The Doctor?!!!!
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:39 pm

& a better writer for the series would be helpful too?!!!
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:00 pm

Indeed. I do worry that Cumberbatch would outshine Smith.

And bring back Neil Gaiman for the Doctor vs. The Master.

Now somebody get Rowan Atkinson to play the Meddling Monk and we've got a 50th anniversary special.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Are we sure all the information in that article is on the up and up?
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:28 pm

I'll be the one to bring up the spoiler alert. Although for something like this it seems really doubtful that any UK resident wouldn't know in advance. But maybe some US fans would be able to stay ignorant for a while.

I'll suggest that a thread title such as SPOILER: Casting for returning Foe may avoid some complaints.

But now that I've seen it I cannot imagine not running across this info at some point before the episode airs. Although I'm hoping the writers were not plotting this as a surprise twist where we meet Cumberbatch and assume him an ally until he murders Amy Pond after three adventures on the TARDIS crew. Oh no, now I'll get the Pond haters going too. Oh well, might as get everyone worked up.

But likely they'll have Cumberbatch on all the chat shows with Matt Smith generating publicity before the next series begins. And in all the trailers exclaming "I am the Master!" and whot not.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:42 pm

squishy wrote:
I'll be the one to bring up the spoiler alert. Although for something like this it seems really doubtful that any UK resident wouldn't know in advance. But maybe some US fans would be able to stay ignorant for a while.

I'll suggest that a thread title such as SPOILER: Casting for returning Foe may avoid some complaints.

But now that I've seen it I cannot imagine not running across this info at some point before the episode airs.

I was going to say something when I read this, but its just a losing fight. People post without thinking and considering there might be people going to a sub forum that do not like spoilers and do not go to DW and UK sites in search of any scrap of info they can glean ahead of time. Spoiler tags are one thing, but you also have to not give anything away in the post title too.

On one of my pop culture news sites that I go to, it came up, but the title of the article was "Benedict Cumberbatch to play DW villain". Perfect. It doesnt give away who the baddie is unless you actually click to read the article.

Oh well. Yet another nice surprise spoiled. I should have started my usual avoidance of the entire DW Discussion area to avoid such things a week ago when production of the new season started. I wouldn't have thought anything major would have come up just a week in. So much for that.

Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:56 pm

I'm not thinking "for reals" as the source is not named. Remember when we were told River would die in Series 6 by an "insider" or that Matt Smith would leave at the end of Series 6. (And I know you're out there, you "if only he did" crowd...) Did it happen? NO.

So take this report with a grain of salt!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:58 pm

That being said, Benedict Cumberpatch is an amazing actor, and I'm sure we could trust Moffat to write a good Who story. Heck, I bet the new Master appears and reveals he's been behind everything we don't have answers for yet just to mess with the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:59 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Interesting news. I do hope we will be a menacing Master and not the buffoon Simm was.
Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Unfortuantly the only way to avoid news these days is to avoid the internet. entierly.

Now this is a sub form I will grant youbut you need to avoid virtually all mainstream Doctor Who news and fan based site tos stay in the dark.

What I do personlt is when the show ison the air I avoid forums with threads that talk about the current series. In fact I waited for the Blue Ray of series 6 to arrive in my mail box before I read ANYTHING about it. For me it is the only way to mimimize spoilers.

Sadly the old days are gone, just tune in on the day of the broadcast or wait for the DVD / Blue Ray to arrive and become an internet Who Hermit
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Bob1963 wrote:

Now this is a sub form I will grant youbut you need to avoid virtually all mainstream Doctor Who news and fan based site tos stay in the dark.

And that is exactly what I do. I only go to one actual Who site for news, and they are excellent in providing spoiler tags and non leading titles. This is the only other DW related site I visit.

So by keeping out of the DW Discussion thread, I am in lockdown and am happily sealed off.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:33 pm

He could be playing the Celestial Toymaker or even Omega, oh no not OMEGA!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:33 pm

Guys, this news really isn't substantiated yet. I expect Moffat to tweet about it soon denying it.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:50 pm

actually I would like him to play sherlock- meeting the doctor more...
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:20 am

greenk9 wrote:
actually I would like him to play sherlock- meeting the doctor more...

That would be cool. The New Adventure book with Holmes was one of my favorites.

After reading this article, this seams to be just as big a rumor as The Rani being played by Gillian Anderson or Patrick Stewart being cast as Rassilon/Meddling Monk/Master or whatever.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:43 am

It would be a fine thing if this happens, that actor is born to play be a Time Lord. Does anyone recall around the late eighties when American film executives were keen on making a Dr Who movie?, i think it was titled 'Last of the Timelords'. But they were considering Tom Cruise or SLY STALLONE to play the Doctor. This was rumoured in Dr Who Magazine around that time. Now a big screen version with a Rambo clothed Dr would have been hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Let Sly play Abslom Daak
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 pm

abslom daak!!!!...ha ronpur kickin' it old school!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:24 am

As I was saying, RUMOR.

Even the Doctor agrees: http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/matt-smith-plays-down-benedict-cumberbatch-doctor/261402
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

PostSubject: Re: Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master   Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 4:28 pm

masterkhan wrote:
It would be a fine thing if this happens, that actor is born to play be a Time Lord. Does anyone recall around the late eighties when American film executives were keen on making a Dr Who movie?, i think it was titled 'Last of the Timelords'. But they were considering Tom Cruise or SLY STALLONE to play the Doctor. This was rumoured in Dr Who Magazine around that time. Now a big screen version with a Rambo clothed Dr would have been hilarious.

'Hey yo, I'ma Timelord. I'm da last uv da Timelords. I gotta Turdis...'

CUT!

Sly, can you read that?

'Yeah - Turdis.'

'Turdis? Looks like...TARDIS to me?'

'Oh yeah. Turdis/Tardis...I mean, does anybody know what a Tardis is anyway? I say absolutely no. Hey yo, do I gotta wear dis scarf? It's itchy and it ain't even snowin.'
Back to top Go down

Benedict Cumberbatch To Play The Master
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: