Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

Need a cane for your First Doctor? Empty
PostSubject: Need a cane for your First Doctor?   Need a cane for your First Doctor? EmptySat Sep 18, 2021 12:27 am

It always frustrates me how accessories are never included with the modern releases, and so I'm always keeping an eye out for good alternative candidates.

And I think I found GREAT cane for ol' Hartnell:

Need a cane for your First Doctor? Img_3812

I found this on eeebay, it's technically a decoration for a miniature dollhouse.
But I think it looks nice with a 1st Doctor who might just need support walking down all those endless corridors...

Need a cane for your First Doctor? Img_3811

It's actually metal, not plastic. The gold handle is thicker than the usual cane accessory that came with the older releases. But if all you have is a more recent cane-free Hartnell it works great.

Need a cane for your First Doctor? Img_3813

And I know it doesn't completely match the "twisted stick" look of the original accessory, but I think it still looks cool.

Also, I noticed a couple of places in "The Chase" where the Doctor's cane appears to have a metal hand-grip, and a metal tip on the bottom. Of course this could just be the fake cane used by the fake robo doctor:

Need a cane for your First Doctor? Chase_10

Need a cane for your First Doctor? Chase_11

Need a cane for your First Doctor? Img_3814

Anyway, the big bonus here is that this is waaaaaay more affordable than buying a used original cane.

I found a couple of them on eeeebay for under $2, although the shipping was around $6 because it came overseas to the USA.
   If you want to find one, do a keyword search for "1:12 Scale Gentleman's Walking Stick Tumdee Dolls House Miniature Garden Cane" or some combination of that.
   There are some listings that also include a gentleman's hat and gloves, but if you look around you should find some that sell just the cane.

I just think it completes the look.....

Need a cane for your First Doctor? Img_3815
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
Iron-Cow
Iron-Cow

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Need a cane for your First Doctor?   Need a cane for your First Doctor? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 4:14 pm

Oh wow. LOVE that idea. And yeah, even if it's not 100% accurate, it looks so much better than no cane at all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironcowprod.com
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: Need a cane for your First Doctor?   Need a cane for your First Doctor? EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 10:36 pm

Iron-Cow wrote:
Oh wow. LOVE that idea. And yeah, even if it's not 100% accurate, it looks so much better than no cane at all!

Thank ya sir!
They really feel nice in your hand, the cane has a nice weight to it. But not enough to not work with the figure. It's like they are slightly heavier than plastic ... hard to explain!

I was actually looking for 7th Doctor umbrella replacement candidates when I came across the walking stick. It was like a cool consolation prize!

Back to top Go down
Blackarrow
Blackarrow

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Need a cane for your First Doctor?   Need a cane for your First Doctor? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2021 10:59 am

Nice find! The cane looks great in his hand, and it won't bend or warp like a plastic one might.

Tumdee Miniatures is one of my favorite go-to places for accessories and props, and I'm a big fan of their Pub section. Cool
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: Need a cane for your First Doctor?   Need a cane for your First Doctor? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2021 1:01 pm

Blackarrow wrote:
Nice find! The cane looks great in his hand, and it won't bend or warp like a plastic one might.

Tumdee Miniatures is one of my favorite go-to places for accessories and props, and I'm a big fan of their Pub section. Cool

Interesting, this is my first run-in with Tumdee. I'll have to see what else they have. Thanks!
Back to top Go down

Need a cane for your First Doctor?
Page 1 of 1