64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
SirPrize
SirPrize

Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2009-08-13

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 5:22 am

Dave G wrote:
£24.99 RRP in shops
Postage to US comes in at £15.15 tracked and signed so £50 in total to send to USA

How bizarre. Have they changed the RRP then? I paid £19.99 for mine (I probably still have the sales voucher somewhere)

Last edited by SirPrize on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
djdwtw101785
djdwtw101785

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2014-12-03

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 2:49 pm

Whona got in the B&M set???
That great but can they get the others B&M sets specially the other past years sets
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:34 am

So I broke down and bought the Tardis set off eBay for $67 shipped and it's a beauty.Glad I got it. Still need the 4th Doctor set and a Bill but won't panic yet.
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 8:52 am

I ended up getting just the Tom Baker figure alone.
It was worth it. But that's enough for me.
I don't think I've bought a Dr Who figure in like 6 years.
Back to top Go down
Dave G
Dave G

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2018-08-30

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 12:50 pm

I've got access to the B+M sets if anyone wants them shipping stateside. Can get the Bill, 4th doctor and Pertwee TARDIS sets. Tracked and signed 5-7 days.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 3:10 pm

I just stumbled across some cool looking resin "Police Box" made for fishtanks that look like a great Time War battle damaged or end of Time decayed Tardis.
They seem to be scaled for the 5" figures as well at 6.5" tall.

hygger Aquarium Ornament Fish Tank Decorations Cave Hideouts for Hiding - Police Booth https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077HXFK4P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_sMsRBbHTJD6WN

Maybe the Master's Tardis using a Chameleon effect to fool others.

Anyone have this?
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 6:37 pm

Whoa.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 6:45 pm

TinDogRory wrote:
Whoa.

Do they? Where? I only posted because they don't carry those to my knowledge
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 7:26 pm

Sorry that was... WHOA, as in "that's cool!"
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 7:33 pm

TinDogRory wrote:
Sorry that was... WHOA, as in "that's cool!"

Oh,hahaha. I thought it was an answer to "Does anyone have this?"
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 8:01 pm

They used to have official DW fish tank ornaments here...including a TARDIS, but it was smaller than this and they haven't had them in ages.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 9:46 am

My Bill figure arrived today. Paint apps seem a bit sloppy. But overall, I'm very happy with her. Hopefully we get a Thirteenth Doctor to keep this range going.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 11:25 am

Brain of Davros wrote:
I just stumbled across some cool looking resin "Police Box" made for fishtanks that look like a great Time War battle damaged or end of Time decayed Tardis.
They seem to be scaled for the 5" figures as well at 6.5" tall.

hygger Aquarium Ornament Fish Tank Decorations Cave Hideouts for Hiding - Police Booth https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077HXFK4P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_sMsRBbHTJD6WN

Maybe the Master's Tardis using a Chameleon effect to fool others.

Anyone have this?

Interesting find! Although I measured one of my 3¾" scale TARDISes at about 6.5", so it may work better for the smaller figures.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 6:32 pm

I got my Bill Potts today.  Love her!
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 Img_0510
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 5:52 pm

...and then these folks showed up today...
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 70s10
...thanks, Dave
Back to top Go down
Dave G
Dave G

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 9:43 am

Glad you like them Nick- always good to know they arrive safe and sound!
Back to top Go down
djdwtw101785
djdwtw101785

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2014-12-03

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Character option announced there will be a new 5.5 13th doctor action figure in early 2019
Back to top Go down
tboneterry2
tboneterry2

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 10:37 am

Called DWNA this week to see if they were able to get any of the new B&M sets in they told me no there is a block on these being sold in the states. So I ordered all 4 online. I have been doing toys for a long time, these sets are great repairs (a little ingenious on a couple of them). With CO not selling a lot of figures right now wonder if they let go their design/sculpting team. When Kenner/Hasbro lost their DC super hero line to Mattel (which is in huge trouble right now). I pu the last four 6 inch hero's than started pu some of new Mattel heroes. It changed makers but I noticed that the design team went with the line to Mattel. The body sculpts were identical Back to CO the 5" line I think is a huge draw especially the Classic line, they haven't been to keen right now to follow up on that, I don't know if that's from restrictions from the BBC, the Beeb is doing a huge push to reboot the new lady Doctor, and get away from the Classic Doctor who. We will see how this plays out, Eaglemoss has rushed out a 13th Doctor, CO is very slow getting things out so I'm thinking their design team is gone.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:58 am

tboneterry2 wrote:
Called DWNA this week to see if they were able to get any of the new B&M  sets in they told me no there is a block on these being sold in the states. So I ordered all 4 online. I have been doing toys for a long time, these sets are great repairs (a little ingenious on a couple of them). With CO not selling a lot of figures right now wonder if they let go their design/sculpting  team. When Kenner/Hasbro lost their DC super hero line to Mattel (which is in huge trouble right now). I pu the last four 6 inch hero's than started pu some of new Mattel heroes. It changed makers but I noticed that the design team went with the line to Mattel. The body sculpts were identical  Back to CO the 5" line I think is a huge draw especially the Classic line, they haven't been to keen right now to follow up on that, I don't  know if that's from restrictions from the BBC, the Beeb is doing a huge push to reboot the new lady Doctor, and get away from the Classic Doctor who. We will see how this plays out, Eaglemoss has rushed out a 13th Doctor, CO is very slow getting things out so I'm thinking their design team is gone.

Interesting info and theory. Hmm.
Sorry to sound dumb but what does "DWNA" stand for?
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 2:39 pm

DWNA = Doctor Who North America, which is likely Who North America.

And it does sound like there are now two completely separate toy licenses.
UK = Character Options
North America = Seven20

Each one is making their own products and they're limiting distribution within their own territory. Could they someday decide to team up to make 5.5" figures that share a common mold? Sure. Have they done so? No indication so far. Be prepared for the US to get different products that the UK doesn't get and vice-versa. It would be nice if they cooperate, but nothing says that they will. Thus the two slightly different 13th Sonic Screwdrivers so far, and we're only getting the Seven20 version.
Back to top Go down
DWFAN1974
DWFAN1974

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-05-14

PostSubject: Could you tell me the store you purchased the 4 sets from??   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 9:27 am

tboneterry2 wrote:
Called DWNA this week to see if they were able to get any of the new B&M  sets in they told me no there is a block on these being sold in the states. So I ordered all 4 online. I have been doing toys for a long time, these sets are great repairs (a little ingenious on a couple of them). With CO not selling a lot of figures right now wonder if they let go their design/sculpting  team. When Kenner/Hasbro lost their DC super hero line to Mattel (which is in huge trouble right now). I pu the last four 6 inch hero's than started pu some of new Mattel heroes. It changed makers but I noticed that the design team went with the line to Mattel. The body sculpts were identical  Back to CO the 5" line I think is a huge draw especially the Classic line, they haven't been to keen right now to follow up on that, I don't  know if that's from restrictions from the BBC, the Beeb is doing a huge push to reboot the new lady Doctor, and get away from the Classic Doctor who. We will see how this plays out, Eaglemoss has rushed out a 13th Doctor, CO is very slow getting things out so I'm thinking their design team is gone.

Could you tell me the store you found with all four sets and an appoximate price for all??? Thank u!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158006658131453/
SirPrize
SirPrize

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:53 am

tboneterry2 wrote:

being friend with their lead sculptor, I can tell you you're thinking wrong Wink
Back to top Go down
SirPrize
SirPrize

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 8:56 am

squishy wrote:
DWNA = Doctor Who North America, which is likely Who North America.

And it does sound like there are now two completely separate toy licenses.  
UK = Character Options
North America = Seven20

Each one is making their own products and they're limiting distribution within their own territory.  Could they someday decide to team up to make 5.5" figures that share a common mold?  Sure.  Have they done so?  No indication so far.

They used to, back when UGT/Seven20 was distributing CO's products in the US. I suppose that the split comes from the problems UGT had before they cancelled the orders they had with CO at the time and then changed the name of their company to Seven20.
Back to top Go down
Dave G
Dave G

PostSubject: .   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 12:57 pm

This was released yesterday- it's not just you guys who are getting a raw deal- we in the UK have to hope we live near the right shops chosen by random otherwise we're bidding on ebay too! Most of the 70s sets and Bill sets have gone, my local has a few 11th dr sets, a coupel of Pertwee Tardises and a big collection of 9th dr sets that are five years old and no-one wants. This is what they've said about future releases of 5" figures in UK:

"Just to help with the speculation. There are definitely repeat orders of the latest B&M 3 figure packs coming. However there are some updated paint apps and changes for the re-release .. partly because production runs change and therefore colours and spray masking changes mean they are never the same, but also this is a re-order and never happened before for B&M on Doctor Who so there are major differences to the decoration on at least one figure in each set (and the packaging images) to maintain B&M exclusivity on these sets.

The 3rd Doctor & TARDIS set has NOT been reordered (again to maintain exclusivity) but there will be a SECOND interim release this year of a NEW Doctor & TARDIS set before next years raft of new products.

There is also a 13th Doctor figure very close to approval so you should see some press release and images for this item before the end of November at the latest.

I can't, though I'd like to, give you any more details on the changes or on availability as the shipping dates have nothing to do with when the retailer decides to put stock oneself and where. Also I would advise strongly against badgering B&M or especially CO Customer Services for updates as neither will have ANY new information until the stock arrives with them and even then it will be a case of asking at individual stores when the time comes."
Back to top Go down
tboneterry2
tboneterry2

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 4:12 pm

Another site just posted. 07005 interim set due around February 2019 Regenerated 4th Doctor in 3rd Doctors outfit with exclusive 4th Doctors head from the "Time Capsule " set but with new revised decoration. The Tardis will be a more standard dark blue as seen in Planet of the Spiders and Robot but with a slightly updated telephone door and top sign graphics - no black base. This is what was posted
Back to top Go down

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these
Page 5 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next