64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 9:19 am

I'm considering NOT getting the 11th Dr's set for just the one figure, which will be available on eBay, from somebody. The others though, yes.
Back to top Go down
DWFAN1974
DWFAN1974

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 2:25 pm

i'm willing to go for the 70's Set and the Pertwee/Tardis set if WhoNA would get them! Preorders perhaps??
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158006658131453/
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Didn't WHONA get burned on the last set?
The Jon Pertwee one in blue jacket 3 pack?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 6:22 pm

Ted47 wrote:
Didn't WHONA get burned on the last set?
The Jon Pertwee one in blue jacket 3 pack?

...yeah...see...that's the thing...

UT (or anybody else for that matter) didn't want to distribute any of those previous sets, so WhoNA bought the North American exclusive rights for that ONE set.

...and they still have 895 of them...

...and that was from 2016...

NOBODY AT ALL picked up the three sets from last year.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 7:23 pm

Will definitely want that 3rd Doctor with TARDIS.  Not really excited enough for the other sets. But it sucks that the electronics were removed from the TARDIS... that better bring the price way down.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 11:54 pm

squishy wrote:

Boy, that Brig body they selected is cheating, but I still find it oddly intriguing and desirable.  The ascot instead of necktie, shoes instead of boots; at least it's not a Cyberman with a nose.
New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 3rddr-10

The lapels are wrong, too.

As said, it's just a tweak of the Auton/Series One Captain Jack.
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2018 4:17 am

Anybody know when these will be available?
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2018 9:26 pm

That image of Liz Shaw makes me want an action figure of her soooooooooo bad, perhaps they can sculpt a head and place it on that Torchwood characters body along with Jo grants legs...Liz Frankenshaw😍
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2018 10:09 pm

Thun wrote:
Anybody know when these will be available?

Late summer seems to be the most specific time frame.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2018 8:47 am

Winter wrote:
That image of Liz Shaw makes me want an action figure of her soooooooooo bad, perhaps they can sculpt a head and place it on that Torchwood characters body along with Jo grants legs...Liz Frankenshaw😍

Character didn't make the Torchwood figures, though...that was Getretro in conjunction with their retail division ScifiCollector.

Be that as is may, I think they could make a Liz by retooling some of the Jo Grant figures. Heck, they could probably make a Teagan using some of the same parts (and maybe combining with a figure from another line, like Primevil).
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2018 2:13 pm

Sorry folks.I think these are awful. If they want to aim this at the adult collector market, raise the prices, and produce something fresh and new.
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2018 10:04 pm

Hmmm... I’m still interested, but these are pretty sloppy.
These are the versions they’re advertising but Amy’s face looks almost unpainted and Clara’s face is sloppy. They could have given Eleven grayish hair so he looks like middle-age version of Smith in “Time of the Doctor”. That set is an easy pass.

The Bill Potts set is cool and I want it.

I dig the Brigadier, even though he’s inaccurate. An extra Auton would be cool, as would a “Talons of Weng Chi Ang” Tom... But
did anybody else notice that the Tom Baker figure actually has the Pertwee knee-high boots... but painted as if their trousers!? WTF? They couldn’t just use the trouser-legs version of the Pertwee body?

I’m also disappointed that the Pertwee figure doesn’t utilize the open-collar shirt that the Regeneration Tom figure had, and it would have been nice if they’d thrown in a cloak with blue/purple lining. That said, I dig the rough-looking flat-top TARDIS.... so I definitely want that set.

It’s all a question of availability and price now.

Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2018 1:10 am

thebreen wrote:
... But
did anybody else notice that the Tom Baker figure actually has the Pertwee knee-high boots... but painted as if their trousers!?

I did not catch that at all.  Good eye!   cyclops

Still gonna get it if I can, though.  What a Face
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2018 9:33 am

Thun wrote:
thebreen wrote:
... But
did anybody else notice that the Tom Baker figure actually has the Pertwee knee-high boots... but painted as if their trousers!?

I did not catch that at all.  Good eye!   cyclops

Still gonna get it if I can, though.  What a Face

I went back to check the archives hoping Tom was wearing some kind of leggings.  In the opening shots where he and Leela first meet the clan in the alleys he is certainly wearing his normal trousers and shoes.  No kind of spats or greaves present.

But then later on when he heads into the sewers Tom is wearing waders (big rubber boots) although I didn't see any really good shots of this.  He's usually framed from the waist up except when rescuing Leela from the giant rat.

None of this explains why they would have used the Pertwee boots and painted them to match the rest of the pants. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2018 5:43 pm

Oh boy, I hadn't noticed that. Very odd and bad decision on CO's part! It's not like the mold doesn't exist. We're looking at the pants with shoes legs in the 3rd Doctor with TARDIS set Suspect
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2018 10:00 pm

Maybe they'll correct it by the time the actual figures are out. Could be they just rushed a mock-up for the photograph. Can hope, anyway.

Still gonna get it, though. What a Face
Back to top Go down
thebreen

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptySun May 20, 2018 1:44 am

It’s funny... I actually remember thinking that the Pyramids of Mars Scarman figure’s body (repainted) would have made a good basis for a Talons Tom custom.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 12:37 am

I might go for the Pertwee one just to have the Third Doctor's TARDIS. I am not impressed with the 3rd Doctor figure as the out fit he is painted with does not match the one as seen in The Three Doctors and episode 1 of Planet of the Spiders (at the minstrel show with the Brigadier.

The Brig figure looks like a repainted Captain Jack Harkness or a repainted Auton. The Auton if used should have the funny head that was used when passing out the daffodils'.

Over all I am kind of disappointed with this set of offerings
Back to top Go down
skifflebits
skifflebits

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2015-12-02

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2018 8:20 pm

I'm only disappointed UT isn't distributing these things anymore.
Back to top Go down
DWFAN1974
DWFAN1974

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2018 5:36 pm

Why do we have ALL this stuff....including TWO Pyramid of Mars sets and NO classic Sarah Jane??? They have her in "new who" form and "sarah jane adventures" form, so why not this??????????? You could make 100 variations and i'd buy them all!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158006658131453/
skifflebits
skifflebits

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2018 5:48 pm

Unfortunately, it would take you plus about 60,000 other people to make those variations profitable. Adding me would make it about 59,999. Smile

I think it came down to circumstance. When they finally started releasing companion figures, they probably figured Sarah Jane already existed in the new series line, so her figure wasn't a priority. They did Peri, Leela, Ace, Jo, and the Brig, then the classic line sputtered to a halt.

They probably would have gotten to classic Sarah eventually, but alas, 'twas not to be.

Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 4:34 pm

Just an update; no reply to my emails regarding these figures from the company that used to be Underground Toys in the USA.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
thebreen

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 4:35 pm

Sad to hear. Thanks for the update though!
Back to top Go down
skifflebits
skifflebits

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 4:25 pm

Thanks for the update. It's a shame it seems no company has US distribution rights any more.

Does this mean the rumored Bill figure seen on Amazon won't end up stateside, either?
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these   New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 7:12 pm

We should see something in the future. Just don't know when.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com

New 5.5" figures - so please assure us you'll get these
Page 2 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next