CrochetOwl
Brain of Davros
Rogue
Scary
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rate S8E13: Last Christmas
Fantastic!
S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 41% [ 9 ]
Good
S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 6 ]
Okay...
S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 5 ]
Bad
S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Awful!
S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 8:14 pm

A teaser was shown tonight on Children In Need! Looks interesting. Is there a hint here that Santa is actually evil? I hope so... Razz

Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 8:30 pm

That was a great clip! Yes, there was a sinister vibe there. Jolly fellow who lives in semi-seclusion at the North Pole and knows whether you've been naughty or nice??
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 5:00 am

That was pretty cool,I just hope the rest is just as good or better.

I like the tension between Doc and and Santa,like the Doctor is agitated by his
presence.
Maybe he doesn't like the competition of another iconic figure that all of humanity
loves and cherishes.Like two brothers competing for the same girl.

I guess what I want for Christmas this year is a good Doctor Who Christmas episode
and if at the end Santa gives the Doctor a mysterious gift that ends up helping him
find Galifrey it will be all the better.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 8:37 pm

The title has been announced as 'Last Christmas' and a promo pic released!

S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 10406672_1007797069234320_7678558641851199282_n

Last edited by Scary on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 8:45 pm

I'm really looking forward to this one! Love the elf swinging the guitar santa rendeer

I have to post the quip that was on a DW news article... "Last Christmas, I gave you two hearts..." Smile
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 10:52 pm

Add the word "Special" to the end of that title and I'm sold.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 12:03 am

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:

S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Tumblr_lnnz4vFMmu1qe28sn
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 12:25 am

SeaDevil wrote:

S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Tumblr_lnnz4vFMmu1qe28sn

What Sea said!
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 8:02 am

What's the significance of the tangerine in England for Christmas?

Is it like coal in the U.S.?

For that matter why do they all wear those funny hats too?
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 9:30 am

It's a treat often left in the stocking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 9:30 am

I love Christmas specials, but I'm an old fuddy-duddy about all things Christmas anyway. Some of the specials have definitely been better than others, but I still enjoy them.

Were those Silurians rising up on the tables in that one teaser?
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 9:34 am

It'll be interesting/weird to see Dan Starkey minus all his Sontaran make up
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 9:40 am

Was hoping not to see Clara in the pic (was going for a cameo but guess not). The Doctor looks too normal / human in that outfit (too laid back).
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Brain of Davros wrote:

Tangerines are apparently a traditional stocking filler because their peak is in December. However, if this is a popular thing here in the UK then this is also the first time even I'm hearing about it. I've never had a tangerine for Christmas, and thank goodness really... It's a bit of a lousy gift IMO. Razz

The only 'Christmas Orange' that I've known of is Christingles, which I'm not sure if you guys do over the pond as well. Usually kids do them in school at Christmas time and then bring them home as a gift/decoration for their parents. Basically it's an orange with a lit candle in the middle to represent Christ as the light of the world, a red ribbon around the orange which represents the blood of Christ, and then four cocktail sticks pushed into the orange around the sides with dried fruits skewered onto them to represent the fruits of the earth and the four seasons. It was started by a German Bishop in the 1700s who was trying to find a way to best symbolise and explain the message of Christmas to children in the church, and I guess the tradition just stuck! But yeah, that's the only Christmas orange that I know of.

As for the funny hats, do you mean these:

S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Doctor-who-christmas-2013-jenna-louise-coleman-460x649

You get them in Christmas crackers - not sure if you guys do these either? Here they are explained: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_cracker They're pretty much an integral part of Christmas celebrations here. You can't have Christmas without crackers. Razz

S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Crackers_2435260b

The Doctor, Rose, Mickey and Jackie do some in 'The Christmas Invasion' if you recall!

Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 4:36 pm

I hope the title doesn't mean the Wham! song will be in the show...

Sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 4:44 pm

Scary wrote:

You get them in Christmas crackers - not sure if you guys do these either? Here they are explained: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_cracker They're pretty much an integral part of Christmas celebrations here. You can't have Christmas without crackers. Razz

The Doctor, Rose, Mickey and Jackie do some in 'The Christmas Invasion' if you recall!

Yup, crackers are definitely NOT a thing in the US. I was wondering about the paper crowns as well...LOL! Thanks for clearing that up, Scary Smile
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Brain of Davros wrote:

The story goes......

Bishop Nicholas learned of a poor man with three daughters who had no dowries and hence could not marry. The next night, Nicholas returned and tossed three bags of gold for the daughters' dowries through the chimney which happened to land in the stockings of the three maidens which they had hung to dry in front of the fireplace. The bags of gold turned into balls of gold which are now symbolized by oranges. Bishop Nicholas is often portrayed in pictures wearing the red ceremonial robes and miter (or headdress) and holding the staff of a bishop as well as holding three gold balls, gold coins, or pieces of fruit.

Nicholas lived a long life, died of natural causes, was canonized and made a saint, Saint Nicholas.

True or not - I kinda like it.

Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 3:00 am

"Tangerines are apparently a traditional stocking filler because their peak is in December. However, if this is a popular thing here in the UK then this is also the first time even I'm hearing about it. I've never had a tangerine for Christmas, and thank goodness really... It's a bit of a lousy gift IMO."

LOL Scary I agree.

Thanks for the explanation guys now when I see these things in the future I'll know about the crackers and orange delicacies that you guys are enjoying for Christmas.

I do like the Saint Nick story too.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 9:37 am

My family does crackers. My mom gets them in North Spokane... About an hour drive...

Same place I get Jelly Babies and Jammie Dodgers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Rogue
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 6:53 pm

Scary wrote:
S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Doctor-who-christmas-2013-jenna-louise-coleman-460x649

Funny hat... cute skirt Smile I knew about the Christmas crackers from the British TV shows I've watched over the years, but I never heard of that Christingle thing. It just sounds so very odd to me, but I'm sure there are traditions all over the place that are considered odd to 'outsiders.' An orange with a candle sticking out of the top... then we have hollowed out pumpkins with faces carved into them and candles inside.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Ask the limeys about Boxing Day. santa
Back to top Go down
Caretaker maine
Caretaker maine

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 8:34 pm

you guys all get coal in your stockings for Christmas, did you forget about the mall, Santa is there every year, and those Santa foot races, what about Mommy kissing Santa Claus, Merry Christmas, you Whovin's and Happy 51 birthday Dr Who
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 1:58 am

Well, it does say (SPOILERS) up there in the thread title, so maybe this would be a good place to discuss Jenna Coleman staying/not staying (hedging my bets here since the story seems to change day to day). What do we think about this? Personally, I think it's time for her to go. It's not that I dislike her, but it seems that Clara's story has run its course (despite what Santa thinks).
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 3:24 pm

Well, it does say (SPOILERS) up there in the thread title, so maybe this would be a good place to discuss Jenna Coleman staying/not staying (hedging my bets here since the story seems to change day to day). What do we think about this? Personally, I think it's time for her to go. It's not that I dislike her, but it seems that Clara's story has run its course (despite what Santa thinks).

I'm past caring. I've really liked her this series but she keeps leaving and coming back, leaving and coming back. It won't actually mean anything when she does finally go.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)   S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 8:58 pm

The Gene Lantern wrote:
Scary wrote:

Yup, crackers are definitely NOT a thing in the US.  I was wondering about the paper crowns as well...LOL! Thanks for clearing that up, Scary Smile

Wow, I suppose it may depend on where you are in the US, or maybe family history.  We have had the my entire life every Christmas. Oh, they are sold in the store I manage, which is a nationwide chain.
Back to top Go down

S8E13: Last Christmas (SPOILERS)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next