jonwes
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more Empty
PostSubject: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 2:12 pm

So, last year they released the ALIEN line of figures. These were casts from an actual planned line back in 79. Now, they are continuing the line with MANY more releases for all sorts of properties. They are done in the simplified, 5 POA style used back in the day by Kenner. I think they are so fun! Their licenses announced so far are:

Universal Monsters
Firefly
Buffy
Rocketeer
Predator
Nightmare Before Christmas
Pulp Fiction
Escape From New York
Back To The Future
and probably some I'm forgetting. I know there are MANY more coming, and the ones I've heard about are going to be very cool. Definitely some surprises! Very Happy

You can see some here: http://thefwoosh.com/2014/02/first-look-at-new-funko-reaction-figures?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Entertainment Earth has a few more pics, as well. The style won't be for everyone, but I'm getting tons of these.

Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more 1010076_10151965925032717_1532063108_n
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 2:20 pm

Was glad when they announced Firefly. Definitely want to check those out. Since I stil have all my MAC Buffy ones... might not go for those depending on how they look.

Didn't know about the Universal Monsters. Hope those are good
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:40 am

If they look nice, I wouldn't mind picking up Doc Brown, Marty, and the entire Serenity crew.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:48 am

Definitely interested in the Back to the Future figures! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:07 pm

A little something I made comparing the look of these with vintage Star Wars. I think they did a good job capturing the look.

Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more Compar10
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:01 am

Just saw the article here http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/02/reaction-figures-revealed-rocketeer-back-to-the-future-nightmare-before-christmas-horror-and-more-from-funko-super7/ saying that the Tams, Derrial Book and Inara aren't part of the Firefly wave. Not yet. Maybe they're saving them for a potential second wave.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:11 am

They will also be doing Firefly in 6" scale as well... due out probably toward the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:38 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
They will also be doing Firefly in 6" scale as well... due out probably toward the end of the year.
 Shocked 
 Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:26 pm

LOL...seriously, you guys crack me up with this stuff Smile

For years I hated stuff like this; un-detailed tiny figures with zero likenesses. Now with stuff like Marvel Legends, DC Collectibles, and NECA we have action figures that are almost art.

Yet here you guys are going ga-ga for the stuff that I waited years to see the end of. LOL!

Different stokes indeed Smile
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:02 pm

I dunno, if the final product has the helmet scale right (unlike the model above), I'd buy the Rocketeer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:08 pm

The Gene Lantern wrote:

For years I hated stuff like this; un-detailed tiny figures with zero likenesses.  Now with stuff like Marvel Legends, DC Collectibles, and NECA we have action figures that are almost art.

Yet here you guys are going ga-ga for the stuff that I waited years to see the end of.  LOL!

Yeah, I'm only interested in seeing the Legacy lines..I don't get the appeal of these ones.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 12:35 am

It's a similar story as the 8'' retro figures BBP put out. They aren't for everyone, and I totally accept that. But, the fact of the matter is some of these licenses would probably never get figures if these weren't coming out.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 11:45 am

That the retro stuff exists (and is catching on with fans) entertains me. I understand the appeal, especially for collectors who still have displays of vintage toys and want to add to their displays with these lovingly-crafted stylistic "pastiches." The desire to buy them makes sense to me.

That said, I don't personally have an interest in this kind of stuff. I don't buy the Mego-style "retro" toys, either. I'm with Gene Lantern: I'm of the right age to be interested in these toys (I grew up with that style of figure), but I'm much happier now that toys look so much better than they did when I was a kid.

To each his/her own!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 1:25 pm

The funny thing is, I'm a little young to have grown up with them, but I still find them charming. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 2:36 pm

jonwes wrote:
The funny thing is, I'm a little young to have grown up with them, but I still find them charming. LOL.

I'm in the same boat. I was born in 1997... Yet I love stuff like this. Razz I think it's just a combination of their simplicity ("less is more") and my yearning to have lived in that time period that makes these appealing to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more   Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 11:00 pm

Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more Bgit3ZPCYAAqjvf

Entertainment Earth has a lot of these listed with photos. Alan Tudyk tweeted his figure's picture today, pleased that it came armed with toy dinosaurs instead of weapons.
Back to top Go down

Funko's ReAction Line - Back To the Future, Firely, and more
Page 1 of 1