The Future of Doctor Who Magazine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Whovian

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-07-30

The Future of Doctor Who Magazine Empty
PostSubject: The Future of Doctor Who Magazine   The Future of Doctor Who Magazine EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 2:38 am

I want Doctor Who Magazine to split into two separate mags. One for the new stuff and one for classic Who.

I'm just not getting enough classic Who these days. I need more articles and photos of the 5th and 6th Doctor's tenure. I want pin-ups and posters of Tegan, Nyssa, and Peri. In every issue.

I want an interview with Janet Fielding every other issue. Either that, or have a monthly column where Janet is the contributor.

Sounds pretty good, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Dalek Thay

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Doctor Who Magazine   The Future of Doctor Who Magazine EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:18 pm

That happened 25 years ago though.... Get some old issues?

If you forget about the new series stuff, it'll be stupid, especially when a new series is starting/A doctor regenarating and you can't have just one magazine for it ALL. Sorry, but having 2 will split the whole definitive magazine stuff.... Sad Suspect
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Doctor Who Magazine   The Future of Doctor Who Magazine EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:31 pm

I love DWM but Whovian has a point. The classic who for the large part gets ignored- about 95 percent of the focus is on the current show...heck when is the last time you even saw a mention of the ninth doc even? The classics are covered but not enough- I don't know if it should be divided cause really I think they should not call doctor who classic and new who...should just be doctor who period. Just a gripe on my part. As for posters of past episodes- why not have an old poster of tom, tegan, jamie, etc? The past should be respected even more...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Doctor Who Magazine   The Future of Doctor Who Magazine EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 4:07 pm

They could do what they did with one of the summer specials. It had the Unearthly Child on one cover, the you flipped it over and Survival was featured on the other cover. I thought that was kinda neat!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Doctor Who Magazine   The Future of Doctor Who Magazine EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:52 pm

why not split the magazine in half and have both. it would give fans of the new series a look at something they've never seen before, and make old series fans happy that it isn't being ignored.
Back to top Go down
Whovian

PostSubject: Also...   The Future of Doctor Who Magazine EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:04 pm

And they could have a special Janet Fielding tribute issue. And a Tegan poster magazine. With at least 10 different wall posters. bounce
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Doctor Who Magazine   The Future of Doctor Who Magazine EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:06 pm

i actually still have a very nice wall poster of ace, sunbathing. it wasn't from the magazine, but i just thought i'd share.
Back to top Go down
Whovian

PostSubject: Re: The Future of Doctor Who Magazine   The Future of Doctor Who Magazine EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:34 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
i actually still have a very nice wall poster of ace, sunbathing. it wasn't from the magazine, but i just thought i'd share.
One of my favorites...
The Future of Doctor Who Magazine 05
Back to top Go down

The Future of Doctor Who Magazine
Page 1 of 1