Scary
guvnagrover
stetsons_are_cool7
Ronpur
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS
Fantastic!
S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 12 ]
Good
S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 7 ]
Okay...
S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Bad
S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Awful!
S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:41 am

Easily the best one so far. Blows the previous 4 out of the water.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:50 am

Agreed. Too bad we don't have the vote setup here. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:54 am

Yup.

Have no idea why everyone thought the last 4 were so classic and epic.

Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:01 pm

Calixar wrote:
Agreed. Too bad we don't have the vote setup here. Wink

This is what happens when my job is stolen from me. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:45 pm

I enjoyed it. Loved the bottled encyclopedia that leaked dialogue from previous episodes. And gushed a bit when I saw The History Of The Time War.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:46 pm

I loved this one, and I loved the one previous. I have actually enjoyed the whole season, but I'm not remotely annoyed by the Doctor's dishy companions (or the idea that they're as much the stars of the show as he is), so it's easy for me to enjoy it.

Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:52 pm

I am coming around to Clara, though I was never really enamored by Amy. But I'm pretty sure Clara is Susan Foreman.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Poll on page one, I voted good, I guess I found it a little disappointing, my wife and son were not overly thrilled with it also... some good parts but mostly blah.... I like the "Doctor, who are you" theme but I don't wanna know. Moff is walking a very fine line.

Next weeks looks good!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:57 am

I voted 'fantastic'. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:50 pm

I was really frustrated by this episode being predicated on the Doctor making dumbass decisions.
The Doctor turning off the TARDIS's shields to let Clara fly it is one of the stupidest things he's done given all the dangers of space he's aware of. Second, the TARDIS is an autonomous creature so shutting down its advanced functions to force it like Clara is barbaric. No single human can pilot the TARDIS on their first try anyway (Adric was an alien prodigy) so it's kind of a wasted effort anyway.
There was no reason to let the Van Baalens into the TARDIS. (How'd he even appear outside the TARDIS without opening the doors?) The Doctor is worried about Clara being poisoned by leaking TARDIS fumes, but he shuts them off instantly. Bringing strangers into his non-Euclidian home would just get more people lost inside it. Why wouldn't it be more efficient for the Doctor to search his home by himself? Surely he has some kind of tracking map or he could get the "bespoke room" to make him one. Inviting wreckers in to tear out bits of the TARDIS while she's already hurt is also a massive dick move.
The future burnt zombies didn't make sense. The Doctor explained staying in the engine room would liquify their cells, which makes me think they'd be ultra-dead by the point they charred up. Their future burt selves wouldn't have the ability to attacck anybody. They'd just scream & flail in agony for a few seconds. Throwing in burnt future zombies just to have monsters for the story was stupid.
Having the TARDIS already be exploded was also unecessarily complicated. It reminded me that we still don't know how or why it exploded in series 5. It also required the TARDIS be saved by retconning the episode. Rewriting time is being lazily overused in the Moffat era & it undid some good character moments in this. Why would the guy even bring the Magno-Grap remote control with him when they'd already captured the TARDIS?
The resolution with the Van Baalens didn't feel satisfying either. At the end, one brother is slightly nicer to the fake android brother but that doesn't mean he'll start treating him like a person again. It's supposed to feel redemptive but it doesn't earn it. Their brother is still being tricked into thinking he's an android so his brother can run the company. The Doctor's reasoning that this charade was a sign of brotherly love rang false. I would've preferred the TARDIS to have killed the two cruel brothers & the other leave peacefully to rediscover his identity.
I really liked the conversation the Doctor & Clara had at the watefall ... too bad it was retconned. The library, bespoke room, & engine room were cool. The fake self-destruct countdown was funny. The corridors & multple console rooms reminded me that "The Doctor's Wife" is a superior episode. The audio from classic episodes was a bit pointless. It would've been cool if it was something more useful to the story like Clara running into the 8th Doctor. I just can't get over this episode being about the Doctor blatantly mistreating the TARDIS.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 1:08 pm

Not going to do a review, but just a thought on this episode. I just had watched The Doctor's Wife before this, and was really let down by the corridors in this episode. I know it's a new 'desktop theme' and all, but plain grey walls? I was having flashbacks to the first Series of Red Dwarf. I really enjoyed the corridors they used in The Doctor's Wife (when Amy and Rory were trapped by House), and was sorry they didn't use them for this episode. would have at least added some color (and roundels)
Back to top Go down
Caretaker maine
Caretaker maine

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:10 pm

so the TARDIS doesn't like the new companion, so maybe the Dr and Clara will have an affair, she seems to like to kiss him a lot, The TARDIS is acting like a Mom
Back to top Go down

S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2