Scary
guvnagrover
stetsons_are_cool7
Ronpur
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS
Fantastic!
S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS Vote_lcap50%S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS Vote_rcap
 50% [ 12 ]
Good
S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS Vote_lcap29%S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS Vote_rcap
 29% [ 7 ]
Okay...
S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS Vote_lcap8%S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Bad
S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS Vote_lcap13%S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Awful!
S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS Vote_lcap0%S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS Empty
PostSubject: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:58 am

Last edited by davro on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 6:53 am

Yes, I was hoping this would be the case, with what was obviously spent on the set to recreate it. That photo is just so amazing!
Back to top Go down
stetsons_are_cool7
stetsons_are_cool7

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:29 pm

I like the Escheresque "poster" that was released for the episode.

I'm looking forward to this episode. Finally, we get to explore how big the new series's TARDIS really is...
Back to top Go down
http://creativecritic.blogspot.com/
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Arghh!!! I knew I shouldn't have looked...there is a very cool spoiler pic over at Blogtor Who (well, at least to me it's a cool pic). It's the last pic they feature from this ep.

Very excited to see this ep now!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 8:22 pm

guvnagrover wrote:
Arghh!!! I knew I shouldn't have looked...there is a very cool spoiler pic over at Blogtor Who (well, at least to me it's a cool pic). It's the last pic they feature from this ep.

Very excited to see this ep now!

Wow, that gave me chills!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 3:18 pm

One to watch!!

Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 2:26 pm

Davro, you need to add a poll to the thread. I would have but you stole my thread. Razz

This was a BRILLIANT episode! The best of the series so far! REALLY enjoyed this!

I didn't really understand why the TARDIS blew up or where that crack in time came from. Could someone explain? I think I must have missed something. I may have to give it another watch.

But honestly, besides that, I thoroughly enjoyed this! So happy to have seen so much of the TARDIS.

Only complaint from me is about the zombie things. I think the episode would have still been great (and greater, to be honest) without them. But ah well, I'm not gonna harp on that. It was still a fantastic episode, I can't really knock it.

Really enjoyed this one. A very nice stand-alone episode with a great plot. 10/10. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Everything Scary just mentioned.
But i have to admit, I'm beginning to find Clara so cute and love that the console has a turn key with 'Smiths' deservedly written on it.
I dunno but sometimes when the 11th Dr gets embarrassed ,and rolls his eyes, he does remind me a lot of the 5th Doctor,( Especially when Tegan gives him an ear bashing during Tardis scenes, lol!)
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 4:10 pm

FINALLY!!!

An episode that didn't stink like off cheese!!

Why did they have to add the distortion effect whenever the Zombie creatures where around?? Rather annoying!!
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 4:23 pm

I quite enjoyed this one as well. Just wish they had more time to show off a bit more of the TARDIS' various rooms (this is one of those times I wish they would go back to the 4 - 6 part episodic format).

The next ep looks interesting...
Back to top Go down
DacaZ
DacaZ

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 5:36 pm

To quote #9... That was FANTASTIC!!!!

Hearing the voices from the TARDIS console was amazing.

Seeing that book gave me chills... CHILLS!!!

I liked the zombies, although I'll admit I figured them out pretty quickly, and I'm not usually good at that.

I had high expectations and I was almost certain this one would disappoint on some level, but it did not.

Next week's looks like it's going to be a lot of FUN!
Back to top Go down
http://www.figurefanzero.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 7:49 pm

Just Scott wrote:
FINALLY!!!

An episode that didn't stink like off cheese!!

Why did they have to add the distortion effect whenever the Zombie creatures where around?? Rather annoying!!

I assumed that it was some kind of time distortion.

I loved this episode. Exciting and fun exploration of the TARDIS. I would have loved some more exploration. Like the telescope, the pool. And the library! Wow. I just wanted one glimpse of the pages of The History of the Time War. And seeing the Eye of Harmony in all its glory! Amazing.
And the Clara mystery. I love the fear she shows when the Doctor questions her. Is she more afraid of him or herself?
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 9:04 pm

My opinion always changes after i watch it a second time but on a first glace this is so far my favorite of the second half of season seven so far.

Plus has anyone noticed that both times we got to some type of the inside of the TARDIS it always messes with people? Maybe the TARDIS isn't as nice as we thought -.- but oh man I like the sassy TARDIS.

Clara. Is. Adorable.

9/10
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 9:06 pm

very good episode. high speed romp!
Back to top Go down
stetsons_are_cool7
stetsons_are_cool7

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 9:48 pm

I liked the episode. I thought that the plot was a little thin, but the tour through the TARDIS more than makes up for it.

When the Doctor confronted Clara, I thought that maybe he had set the whole thing up just to see if Clara would reveal herself or not.

I didn't mind the blurry effect. It helped hide the rubber suit look of the "zombies."

Bowler hats and Diana Rigg next week..
Back to top Go down
http://creativecritic.blogspot.com/
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Kept me on the edge of my seat, literally. That hasn't happened since ...I honestly can't remember when that last happened. Maybe Blink.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 11:25 pm

I liked it a lot. Not sure I loved it. But I thought it was a very solid episode.
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 11:40 pm

I found this one really frustrating. There was a lot that I liked about it -- but also a lot that I absolutely hated, and I feel like they could've effectively included everything I enjoyed while completely jettisoning everything I couldn't stand. Did the episode really need the crispy future humans? The stupid "jk you're actually a real boy" thing with the salvage guys? Heck, did it really need the salvage guys? (I couldn't understand most of what they said anyway...) The throwaway references to Who history that didn't actually add anything to the episode? The weird loopy temporal rewrite resolution?

I'd have been a lot happier if they'd just come up with a flimsy excuse to have Clara explore the bowels of the TARDIS, perhaps even over an extended period of time. It would've given them a reason to show her reclining by the pool in a swimsuit, anyway...

(By the way, am I the only person who thinks that the revelation of the Doctor's name wouldn't really be that big a deal? Unless hearing it spoken aloud binds his power or something, I don't see how it would change anything.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 11:54 pm

The whole android twist (they probably thought it was a clever reversal of the usual) felt pretty strained to me. And I don't think they really explained the ending very well at all. Felt a bit inconsequential in the end, though I thought overall it was an enjoyable romp.
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:51 am

and having The Cult in the soundtrack was just awesome!

Fire Woman indeed...
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 8:13 am

Watching it again now and the library reminds me of something straight out of McGann's Tardis.
Back to top Go down
Kevin's Customs
Kevin's Customs

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 8:18 am

I loved the inside shots of the tardis... so it does use a star as a power source...
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.com/kevins-customs-store?_trksid=p2047675.l25
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 8:35 am

Kevin's Customs wrote:
I loved the inside shots of the tardis... so it does use a star as a power source...

That bugged me a little. How the frack were they able to be that close to a star without being vaporised? Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 8:59 am

It's in a state of temporal grace.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS   S7E11 Journey To The Center Of The TARDIS EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:28 am

... and who says they were that close? The actual star is off in space somewhere, and is viewable from every TARDIS thanks to the spatio/temporal mechanics created by Omega, Rassilon and The Other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: