Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)

Go down 
+21
Cruel Angel
bret_owen99
Ted47
Shatterbang
guvnagrover
squishy
Jackknight
rmlextreme
Just Scott
DalekSupreme08
jaredofmo
Rocco
timewarrior
Gallifreys Loss
stetsons_are_cool7
jonwes
Evil Monkey Pope
greenk9
Rust
Ronpur
Scary
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rate S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
FANTASTIC!
S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 8 ]
Good!
S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap34%S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 34% [ 11 ]
Okay...
S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 10 ]
Bad!
S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
AWFUL!
S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:17 pm

Oh my gosh...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:15 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
Oh my gosh...

That should happen in every episode. I only noticed it the second time I watched it. Yes, I just said earlier it had no replay value to me, but I watched it anyway...annnnd yeah, as expected I liked it less.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:31 pm

I loved that moment. So nonchalant, and Rory's reaction was priceless.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:39 pm

Well, first thought, if only Invasion of the Dinosaurs had these dinosaurs!!! Oh well.

Silurian space ark with dinosaurs.....a very cool idea! I love that. I have always assumed they would have had space travel.

Not sure what the point of Nefertiti and Riddell were. they didn't really need to be there. Rory's dad was great. Loved his final scene.

Soloman....wow. I really did not like him. About the worst characters I have ever scene on Doctor Who. Not a redeeming quality about him. I have no problem with the Doctor trapping him on his ship in the path of the missiles. I had a bigger problem with 10 offering to save Davros. I could really see 7 doing the same to him.

I do like the openings left in the Doctor's life. So much more can be fitted in, books and audios someday!

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:40 pm

jonwes wrote:
I loved that moment. So nonchalant, and Rory's reaction was priceless.

Yes, obvious that he did not react the same way Captain Jack would!
Back to top Go down
DalekSupreme08
DalekSupreme08

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-08-28

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:41 am

That was one of my favourites of recent times! Best episode since at least the God Complex if not the Impossible Astronaut!

The "gang" were brilliant, Rory's dad was exactly how I imagined him to be, and he had some really funny lines. Riddell was a legend, very stereotypical but a character I'd like to see return one day. Neffy was great as well, a very strong character.

The dinosaurs were very well done, they were fairly accurate as well, as TV dinosaurs go - although the "Pterodactyls" looked much more like Pteranodon. The Raptors were obviously just Primeval Raptors reused but I liked the Primeval Raptors so that's fine. The Triceratops looked very good, and the T. Rex, although only a small appearance, worked very well.

Solomon was a truly vile villian, a very sinister portrayal, and the fact he was left to die by the Doctor meant there was no audience empathy with him, which worked well in this situation. His robot lackeys were unsurprisingly (as I love Peep Show) my favourite part of the episode, they were hilarious, although I wish Robert Webb's robot had as many lines as David Mitchell's.

Next week looks so cool (a Western), if it's as good as this then Series 7 might well be one of the best series of the revived series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.actionfigureradio.webs.com
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:33 am

I voted OK - which was me being generous. The pros just outweighed the cons - just!

Such a pity after last week's glimmer of promise!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:06 am

Indian Space Agency.....just noticed that. I thought ISA would have been something like International Space or Security Agency.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:14 am

DalekSupreme08 wrote:
the fact he was left to die by the Doctor meant there was no audience empathy with him, which worked well in this situation.

See, I did empathise. I kept thinking, "But what if he changes his ways?" Of course he deserved it, he was a horrible man - he committed flaming genocide! But eh... I dunno... A part of me felt really uncomfortable watching the Doctor leaving him to die.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:28 am

I was waiting for Doctor Grant and Dr. Ian Malcohm to appear oh wait that was Jurassic Park my bad.

I think much like the last episode it had extremely poor editing it was very choppy in places and made it difficult to even watch i was getting a headache from it. Im waiting for it to load on my Itunes folder and Comcast on-demand to give it a 2nd viewing. When im turning off Doctor Who to Walk my Dog earlier you know that there is a problem Sad. I am a huge fan of the Series and matt Smith But they should seriously review the editing being done (like thats gonna happen lol).

Be honest did anyone else get this impression?

I am looking forward to next week though
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:22 pm

DalekSupreme08 wrote:
The Raptors were obviously just Primeval Raptors reused but I liked the Primeval Raptors so that's fine.

According to DWM, the Mill couldn't use anything from Primeval because they own the models. Any models that were re-used were from Walking with Dinosaurs or a similar project.
Back to top Go down
Jackknight
Jackknight

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2011-10-08

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:27 pm

Like almost every episode of Smith's run, it leaves me thinking Moffat must suffer from ADD. Hey look the Doctor is being seduced by Nefriti! And there's some big game hunter! And dinosaurs on a spaceship! A Silurian spaceship! Wait, the Silurians are dead and there're some jokey Phantom Menace type robots! And MORE! All crammed into one hour...

Yawn. I wish he could just tell a coherent story for once that didn't revolve around 700 sometimes silly/somtimes cool concepts.

I did like Rory's dad tagging along. And most the other characters would've been cool guest stars if they weren't all just jammed into the same episode for zero reason.

Favorite bit was the Doctor letting the villain die. He doesn't get vindictive often, but even as far back as Hartnell he let you have it if you ticked him off enough.
Back to top Go down
http://CriticalMess.net
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:33 pm

It was alright and a bit of a fun run-around. Pretty average fair in the end. Too many coincidences (why would the Doctor get a big game hunter without knowing about the dinos first, isn't it lucky that Rory's dad was here the one time they needed the DNA to match, etc) plus the Doctor not trying to save the villian is an odd turn. The villian often dies, but only because they refuse the Doctor's mercy or try to grab the Doctor's leg as they get pulled into the death machine. Rare for the Doctor to not offer any mercy.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:34 pm

Jackknight wrote:
Like almost every episode of Smith's run, it leaves me thinking Moffat must suffer from ADD. Hey look the Doctor is being seduced by Nefriti! And there's some big game hunter! And dinosaurs on a spaceship! A Silurian spaceship! Wait, the Silurians are dead and there're some jokey Phantom Menace type robots! And MORE! All crammed into one hour...

I wouldn't blame him here, since he didn't write it...and most of the ones he writes come across as very simple stories. This episode does have way too much fit into it, though.
Back to top Go down
Jackknight
Jackknight

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2011-10-08

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:36 pm

I blame him because he's the showrunner and therefore can veto a story or ask that it be changed. I really enjoyed the stuff he wrote under Davies, but have found little to like about Who in general since he took over.
Back to top Go down
http://CriticalMess.net
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 2:34 pm

Just Scott wrote:
I voted OK - which was me being generous. The pros just outweighed the cons - just!

Such a pity after last week's glimmer of promise!

I felt the same way. Voted OK as well.
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Now if they give us a Rorys Father figure without begging that is gonna be funny. You know were gonna see Plush Dinosaurs and the Queen most likely.

It would have been funny if the dinosaurs ate Rory and his Dad like father like son.

I watched part of the episode again and its like they poured a script in a Blender and we saw the Result.

Question about Oswin: Is it me or her speech pattern and the way she talks to the Doctor is identical to how Donna use to talk with Tennant. Rescue me Chin Boy and show me the stars seems so Donna
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 3:32 pm

Sat down and watching the latest episode.

It was okay. The Egyptian Queen and Big Game Hunter were absolutely pointless additions, and Rory's dad was only there for critical plot point, but the rest of it did really feel like a Classic Doctor Who adventure. Really, all the companions in this episode felt superfluous. It could have easily just been a solo Doctor Story and probably worked a lot better.

A dark end for Solomon, but fitting in regards to the Post Time War Doctor - I like how echoes of Nine and Ten are still there, Eleven just doesn't bring it out as often.

I liked the fact it was a Silurian Ark (Shades of Hartnell's The Ark) and the Doctor ended up relocating the animals to a world named "Siluria". Ten bucks says a future Silurian story will feature the Doctor finally saving a subsect of the species from utter genocide and relocate them there.

Seriously, the Silurians are the Kenny of Doctor Who. They keep dying!
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Well I'm at odds with the community here. I really enjoyed this episode for its bizarre elements.

I loved the ship, loved the ocean-wave engine room, the dinosaurs, Mitchell and Webb idiot robots, the Harry Potter graduate guest stars, the Indian Space Agency, etc.

Had no problem with the Doctor sending Solomon off to his death. The Seventh Doctor destroyed all of Skaro!

I actually liked this one a little better than Aslyum Of The Daleks.

This really felt like a classic serial condensed to 45 minutes to me.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Jackknight wrote:
Like almost every episode of Smith's run, it leaves me thinking Moffat must suffer from ADD.

I agree 100%. I can't stand the insanely fast talking of the dialog. I have to use the
subtitles to make sure I don't miss anything. Very annoying!!

I also lump Sherlock in the same category. The fact that I even like the leads is a
testament to their charisma.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:46 pm

I like the fast dialog. I think it's fun. I like witty asides and things like that though. The important stuff you always get, it's just the fun patter. And it leaves something to hear later on repeats.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Hold on, the Doctor faked his death last series. Sounds good and I understand why. But now could someone please explain the price check machine? If the Doctor is "dead" then he would still be in the system, wouldn't he? Nefertiti is "dead" yet she shows up in the computer. So why doesn't the Doctor?

The Doctor got erased from the Dalek records last week. Obviously they let insane Daleks have administrator approval, they don't keep back-ups, and despite just chatting to the Doctor an hour ago the "Daleks are not computers" Prime Minister has forgotten who the Doctor is. Insane Daleks in charge is a good reason to need the Doctor's help, but the others points just don't make sense. Destiny of the Daleks all over again!

Eccelston's Doctor was more of a myth that only higher races at the end of time knew about. The Time War wiped had removed most traces of the Time Lords from the universe. But then over the last 5 series the Doctor became a well known figure across the universe. He went his first 6 Seasons without ever mentioning Time Lords and now the Doctor starts off each conversation by advertising this. A Good Man Goes to War points out how the Doctor's in mythology across the universe and is feared by thousands of worlds.

So can anyone come up with a clever explanation for why the Doctor was unidentified by the Price Check machine? He faked his death and made sure the false info ended up in the Tesselect database to ensure he didn't create a paradox. Everyone knows the Doctor and everyone knows he died at Lake Silence. But much like Nefertiti you could still put a price on going back in time and meet the guy.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:59 pm

I'm assuming we're going to find out more about that as the series progresses. They made too big a deal of it for it just to be a throw away. I think the universe "forgetting" the Doctor might be a little tiny connective thread for the episodes.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:08 pm

I liked this episode better than last weeks, but that's not saying much. It was a fun 'fantasy' romp, but nothing memorable.

Once again, we get a 'Time' gap, for all the fan-fic writers to gush over. "Oh thank you Moffat, you have done more for fan fiction than any other showrunner. And Nefertiti too! Think of all the stories we will write!". Meh.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:08 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:

Once again, we get a 'Time' gap, for all the fan-fic writers to gush over. "Oh thank you Moffat, you have done more for fan fiction than any other showrunner. And Nefertiti too! Think of all the stories we will write!". Meh.

The time gap between episodes is bad now? I think you're running out of things to complain about.
Back to top Go down

S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next