Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)

Go down 
+21
Cruel Angel
bret_owen99
Ted47
Shatterbang
guvnagrover
squishy
Jackknight
rmlextreme
Just Scott
DalekSupreme08
jaredofmo
Rocco
timewarrior
Gallifreys Loss
stetsons_are_cool7
jonwes
Evil Monkey Pope
greenk9
Rust
Ronpur
Scary
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rate S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
FANTASTIC!
S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap25%S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 25% [ 8 ]
Good!
S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap34%S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 34% [ 11 ]
Okay...
S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap31%S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 31% [ 10 ]
Bad!
S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap9%S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
AWFUL!
S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) Vote_lcap0%S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) Empty
PostSubject: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:21 am

Just because I might not be back until after Asylum now, I wanted to make sure my tradition would be continued. Razz

Looks like an odd episode. The title alone kind of makes me cringe. But I'm looking forward to seeing Rory's Dad!

Last edited by Scary on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:38 am

It has Dinosaurs!!! How can it go wrong!!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Strikes me as being a Kid-centric episode - more for the wee ones then us.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Yeah I'm not really excited for this episode. It doesn't look anything special and Rust's right. But I shall reserve my judgement! Hopefully it will be better than I expect.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 10:41 pm

"lestrade" is in this one.... I do agree looks a tad odd
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 10:50 pm

I will be utterly disappointed if Snakes on a Plane's infamous line is not paraphrased.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 10:56 pm

bad title...agreed
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Two Harry Potter alumni and Lestrade. A good guest cast. I hope the story is up for it!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:10 pm

Just saw a logo on this page that looks like dinosaur skin......is the logo changing for each episode??

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:21 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Just saw a logo on this page that looks like dinosaur skin......is the logo changing for each episode??

Yep, unfortunately. I'm wondering if the coloring of the tunnel will too.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:36 pm

jonwes wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Yep, unfortunately. I'm wondering if the coloring of the tunnel will too.

I wonder how much that will cost!
Back to top Go down
stetsons_are_cool7
stetsons_are_cool7

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:45 am

They're willing to pay to change the font per episode, but unwillingly to put a big floating Matt Smith head a la the original series?
Back to top Go down
http://creativecritic.blogspot.com/
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2205
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 2:39 am

The color changing intros sound fun. I really liked how eerie yet psychadelic the Fauvist intro to last week's was. I was never a big fan of the giant Doctor faces from the classic series though. Just seeing the TARDIS whirling through the temporal vortex feels like a better intro for the series.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 9:45 am

Ronpur wrote:

I sure hope so. Means that weird dotted one from Asylum of the Daleks isn't actually the new logo, which would be a massive relief. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:17 am

I love dinosaurs. I love Doctor Who. They would really have to mess this one up for me to not be pleased in some way. Of course I probably just jinxed it.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 5:09 pm

I voted 'good'. The worst looking episode of the series actually turned out to be alright. It was much better than I expected it to be, though I feel it was a little under average but still good.

The robots were really annoying but I love Mitchell and Webb and couldn't help but giggle at a few of the jokes. They were funny. As characters they were atrocious.

The old man (can't remember his name now) was a horrid character. A very heartless man. He was an alright villain but meh. In a way I'm glad the Doctor left him for the missiles but on the other hand it was completely out of character for the Doctor to do that and it made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

Rory's Dad was funny; like father like son. Razz Really good addition to the TARDIS team. As for Riddel and the Egyptian Queen, I think they were pretty cool but I feel they were only there for the convenience of the story again. There was no need for the Doctor to bring them along, but they were cool characters nonetheless and for the most part I quite liked them both (besides Riddel's sexism and the Queen's urge to seduce the Doctor, of course).

The dinosaurs... eh. I'm not really a fan of dinosaurs personally so it wasn't as big a treat for me. They were in the episode more than I expected, though, I was wondering whether the title would have nothing to do with the episode like with "Let's Kill Hitler" - glad that wasn't the case.

I really wish the Silurians had featured more in this. If it had been a Silurian story I'd have been all over it. I was genuinely excited when he popped up on the screen and for the rest of the episode I was wondering when they'd pop up again and get involved in the action. Of course that never happened which was very disappointing but ah well. It was still a good episode.

Over all I'd say it was just under average but a pretty good episode all the same. It was better than I expected it to be which is always good! 7/10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 5:54 pm

So there was a long period of time between the last episode and this one, a couple years between the last episode and the previous series, plus there were a couple years between the episodes last series as well....you really get the sense there are a lot of stories/travels we aren't seeing, and plenty of places where potential future stories could fit in during this time. I also think it's interesting how time-wise for the companions, their time with the Doctor has lasted about a decade now.

Such an odd episode. Really, how did anyone come up with this...

What I liked most was the cinematography and the companions (however incredibly useless the guest cast was)... other than that, kind of boring, and a return of that typical silliness. I get that each of these episodes this series is trying to be a big-adventure/ 'event' episode, but I'm already tired of them. Not sure what to vote, as it's an ok episode but it really doesn't have any replay value for me.

Last edited by kcooper76 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:06 pm

I just seen it on BBC iPlayer... it was Ok, nothing amazing!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:10 pm

It was a fun enough runaround, but it felt so lightweight there wasn't much to sink your teeth into. It's almost hard to comment. The dinosaur effects were really top notch. I was glad the Triceratops - my favorite dinosaur! - got a nice starring turn.

The Doctor pretty much killing Solomon seemed a bit odd. The 9th Doctor treated Cassandra in much the same way, but that was before Rose had helped him get over the pain of the Time War.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:12 pm

Holy kitten snuffers batman. . .that first fifteen minutes was amazing. . .on the edge of my seat. . .dinosaurs on a space ship!
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:19 pm

This entire episode is just like one giant amazing acid trip! It's just so d@mn bizarre. . .I love it! I'm on the edge of my seat here!
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:01 pm

amazing! and next week will have ben browder! yes!
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:05 pm

I liked it, I enjoyed it more then the opener.

It was quirky, Amy was hot, Rory was funny, the 2 guests were flirty. Nothing to bad.

I liked how the Doctor left the man to die. I get bored knowing that he's always saving the one who don't deserve it. To just throw a species out of their craft to die? He deserved it.

Can't wait until next week, probably one of the most talked about episodes since parts we're released early on about it.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Rocco wrote:
I liked it, I enjoyed it more then the opener.

It was quirky, Amy was hot, Rory was funny, the 2 guests were flirty. Nothing to bad.

I liked how the Doctor left the man to die. I get bored knowing that he's always saving the one who don't deserve it. To just throw a species out of their craft to die? He deserved it.

Can't wait until next week, probably one of the most talked about episodes since parts we're released early on about it.

John Crichton is on it too next week!
Back to top Go down
stetsons_are_cool7
stetsons_are_cool7

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)   S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:16 pm

Wow, 2 episodes in a row that didn't happen in 21st Century London. That must be some kind of record. And next week's a historical episode and a Western to boot!

i like that this episode focused on The Doctor and Rory for a change. Too bad everyone else was on the sidelines playing with monitors.

It was more watchable than half of Series 6.
Back to top Go down
http://creativecritic.blogspot.com/

S7E2: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (SPOILERS)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next