Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome   Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:00 am

So, the way I find out about this series is to read a thing saying SyFy has decided not to air it, but make it a "digital series." Does it being... whatever that is... mean I won't be able to buy it DVD or Blu-Ray?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome   Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:50 am

Calixar wrote:
So, the way I find out about this series is to read a thing saying SyFy has decided not to air it, but make it a "digital series." Does it being... whatever that is... mean I won't be able to buy it DVD or Blu-Ray?

From what I have read... they are going to air the pilot movie, but that's it.

As for the webisodes, they CAN do a dvd release... but will they? They did not include The Face of the Enemy webisodes on any of the dvd or blu releases.

If they are serious about trying to keep B n C going, I would think they would have to do a dvd release at some point after the first run is complete. The news that they switched gears from tv to digital did not give me much hope they were serious. My impression is that they got cold feet after Caprica didn't get them the ratings they expected. Going to itty bitty webisodes frees up more money for things Sci Fi channel really cares about... like developing the next Frankenfish, Mansquito, and Sharktopus.

Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome   Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:01 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
Going to itty bitty webisodes frees up more money for things Sci Fi channel really cares about... like developing the next Frankenfish, Mansquito, and Sharktopus.
Or funding Nick Willing's fairytale revamps. "Tin Man" was okay because it was the first and had some cool touches, "Alice" wasn't anything special, and "Neverland" was just horrible.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome   Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:28 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
They did not include The Face of the Enemy webisodes on any of the dvd or blu releases.

If they are serious about trying to keep B n C going, I would think they would have to do a dvd release at some point after the first run is complete. The news that they switched gears from tv to digital did not give me much hope they were serious. My impression is that they got cold feet after Caprica didn't get them the ratings they expected. Going to itty bitty webisodes frees up more money for things Sci Fi channel really cares about... like developing the next Frankenfish, Mansquito, and Sharktopus.

I can honestly say I was, until now, unaware of the webisodes you mentioned. I don't have the bandwidth for watching videos online (I live in the sticks), so I guess I'll never see whatever it is/was.
What was the storyline?

Don't get me wrong, I liked Caprica, but its lack of success was probably due to it being a retrofitted prequel. The creator meant it to be a future of Earth story and it got swapped around to force it into the Galactica mythos.

The Frankenfish type thing is why I don't know about a lot of this. I don't watch SyFy, because every time I swing by the channel, something asinine is on.

jaredofmo wrote:
Or funding Nick Willing's fairytale revamps. "Tin Man" was okay because it was the first and had some cool touches, "Alice" wasn't anything special, and "Neverland" was just horrible.

True, I did like Tin Man. Barely tolerated Alice, and only saw the first half of part one of Neverland before I just couldn't take any more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome   Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:42 am

Calixar wrote:

I can honestly say I was, until now, unaware of the webisodes you mentioned. I don't have the bandwidth for watching videos online (I live in the sticks), so I guess I'll never see whatever it is/was.
What was the storyline?

I didn't watch it myself. I know it focused on Lt Gaeta, but that's all i remember. Im sure they have a plot synopsis on imdb or wikipedia somewhere.

As for Caprica v Blood and Chrome... I actually thought BnC would be more palatable to Sci Fi being more of the straight up action series than political drama.

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome   Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:08 pm

I think the lack of viewers for Caprica had a lot to do with lack of promotion. I never even knew the series started broadcast until the 3rd week in. And I loved what I saw, and it just kept getting better.
Back to top Go down

Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome
Page 1 of 1