48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
LastWho
LastWho

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Big Chief products - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:12 pm

I agree. I am the type that is all or nothing! Not companions, I only want Doctors. But I want them ALL! So I would hate to get some of them, and have six to eight empty spots in the line-up! Tennant is not one of my favorite Doctors, so getting him would just be for the sake of completion! Just getting my favorites, would be, Smith, Eccleston, Tom, and Hartnell. But, can you imagine how AWESOME a sixth Doctor would look in his coat? Or a seventh Doctor in his ??????? sweater?
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:17 pm

I honestly don't think they are questioning his demand. I think this is just a way to drive people to order him up. They made 2500 Smiths. I imagine the plan is to get a bigger piece of the pie on 10 so they can get the funding to help support the release of the others.

They've already lost money on Amy because they had to pay for all new tooling due to mistakes from their previous factory.
Back to top Go down
D4L3K
D4L3K

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:40 am

Does anyone know if they are expecting you to pay
the full amount on preorder day? Partial payment? Or just take card info
and charge when shipping? (For Tennant)
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:12 am

Tennant looks great! However, I'm holding out for Tom, Pertwee and Rory. bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:21 pm

D4L3K wrote:
Does anyone know if they are expecting you to pay
the full amount on preorder day? Partial payment? Or just take card info
and charge when shipping? (For Tennant)

It's just a deposit. So just a percentage. Maybe $25 or so.
Back to top Go down
D4L3K
D4L3K

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Oh thank god. I was in panic mode as I went shopping for household items last week and was unaware of this limited order. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
SirPrize
SirPrize

Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:55 am

So, 1250 figures and 3700 people booked in for the preorder... That's going to be interesting....
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Yeah, I'm sure some of those people won't buy, though, when they find out the price or the time comes to pull the trigger... still...
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:20 pm

We'll see. You brought up a good point that many of us in the US waited for retailers here to offer it.. so since that isn't happening this time around (at least not for this edition) things may be a little bit stickier.

In any case, I am ready for battle. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Pre-order placed! Phew. Sigh of relief.
Back to top Go down
D4L3K
D4L3K

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:21 pm

After 15 minutes of their website crashing and failing to load. I GOT THE GOLDEN TICKET!

I secured mine. Thank god.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Well that was stressful. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tremas
Tremas

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:35 pm

That was fun in a sadistic sort of way. drunken The website server must have smoke coming out by now. It took about 25 minutes of constant refreshing to finally get an order placed. Yeah! cheers
Back to top Go down
Tremas
Tremas

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:44 pm

I think Doctor's FOB watch looks pretty cool. Cool

[img]Big Chief products - Page 8 Big_ch10[/img]
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Yeah, I somehow completely missed that the fob watch was coming with him! a nice range of accessories.

Big Chief products - Page 8 544027_10152130316326002_2006821722_n
Back to top Go down
Tremas
Tremas

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Having already seen the pictures of the red trainers I wish they were coming with the first release. I also know I'm not alone in wishing the sonic had a light-up feature.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:57 pm

Sigh...I wish this wasn't a limited version only available through Big Chief - I have my order placed, but it was a very stressful 40+ minutes...
Back to top Go down
bob canada

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Whew! Managed to snag a pre-order. Surprising, seeing as how slow their site was responding at zero hour.

It shouldn't be this hard to buy a stinkin' toy.
Back to top Go down
bob canada

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:00 pm

Quote :
@Tremas:

Having already seen the pictures of the red trainers I wish they were coming with the first release. I also know I'm not alone in wishing the sonic had a light-up feature.

I wish the sonic lit up as well, but at that size I think the only way it could happen is if it was permanently affixed to his hand with wires running up into the chest somewhere, and I wouldn't want that.

Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:05 pm

Tremas wrote:

Having already seen the pictures of the red trainers I wish they were coming with the first release.

I bet the later version of the 10th (one that will be available to retailers outside of the UK) that BC announced on FB recently will be the blue suit version with the red trainers.
Back to top Go down
Tremas
Tremas

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:25 pm

guvnagrover wrote:
Tremas wrote:

Having already seen the pictures of the red trainers I wish they were coming with the first release.

I bet the later version of the 10th (one that will be available to retailers outside of the UK) that BC announced on FB recently will be the blue suit version with the red trainers.

I was thinking the same...or perhaps they will be released as part of an accessory pack similar to the ones announced for the 11th Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Tremas
Tremas

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:29 pm

bob canada wrote:
Quote :
@Tremas:

I wish the sonic lit up as well, but at that size I think the only way it could happen is if it was permanently affixed to his hand with wires running up into the chest somewhere, and I wouldn't want that.

If they really wanted to they could produce one similar to the miniature pen lights with the smaller watch size batteries...this would be great for an expansion pack.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 pm

But even pen light batteries - some of the smallest you can get would require at least the forearm to house the electronics and things. And I'm not sure you could get a bulb small enough? I'd be up for them trying because it'd be cool but I think it'd be difficult.
Back to top Go down
Tremas
Tremas

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:21 pm

jonwes wrote:
But even pen light batteries - some of the smallest you can get would require at least the forearm to house the electronics and things. And I'm not sure you could get a bulb small enough? I'd be up for them trying because it'd be cool but I think it'd be difficult.

Some of the battery led lights that are available now are quite small. I think for something the size of the 1:6 sonic it might work if it were designed as part of an alternate hand accessory. With the sonic permanently attached to the alternate hand, it might provide enough space for any wiring and also allow for a way to push/slide something to make contact with the battery to turn it on and off.

I've been thinking about this for use in customizing some of the 1:6 Star Wars figures so that the holograms a number of the figures come with can be lit up without running wires up the arms.

I know for a company like Big Chief to produce this it's highly unlikely, but from the customizing standpoint it could be loads of fun.
Back to top Go down
bob canada

PostSubject: Re: Big Chief products   Big Chief products - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:24 pm

There are definitely bulbs small enough, but the problem is powering them. Even the smallest watch batteries are far too large to fit inside a 12" scale sonic.

I will confess I don't know much about the wireless phone recharging stations available now, but I wonder if there'd be some way to power a miniature sonic that way?
Back to top Go down

Big Chief products
Page 8 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next