5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 34

AuthorMessage
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:04 am

Wasn't that bad, but primarily came off as filler. I was excited watching it (as I normally am) but looking back at it, it wasn't....brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:20 am

CGren123 wrote:
Wasn't that bad, but primarily came off as filler. I was excited watching it (as I normally am) but looking back at it, it wasn't....brilliant.

I agree. I'm becoming a bit concerned that the quality of the standalones is dropping. Outside of Doctor's Wife (it's Gaiman, no surprise it was good), I haven't been been impressed with any of the standalones this series.

I hope it gets better, or I might just start skipping all the non-arc eps.

Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:07 am

Best part of the episode.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:40 am

rmlextreme wrote:
Rory is starting to get a sarcastic attitude.
He is saying things like were in the 1700s , were dead again etc.....

If you dont like it theres the Door, remember it opens out ( Tardis gets upset when you push or pull them.

Replace Rory with a Fish! lol

***has anyone noticed pop ads all over this forum??

If your a single Dalek and 30 E-Harmony is free till monday etc....
There is a singles ad, Zoosk ad,cash point..... what the bleep!!! im seeing ads under the
Home FAQ Search banner above and i have a pop up blocker

Yeah we all got the ads. Sad Download what? A Virus?! Yuppers! Oh and great car insurance for my car I don't even own. * Sarcastic.* Alright! Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Mattylover11 wrote:

Yeah we all got the ads. Sad Download what? A Virus?! Yuppers! Oh and great car insurance for my car I don't even own. * Sarcastic.* Alright! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Depends on how good your popup and ad blockers are if you use them. Firefox's internal one blocks the ad banners, but you see the code line for the ad links.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:30 pm

Well, I guess I'm in the minority here. I LOVED this episode! Personally, I've enjoyed all of Gatis's episodes, and hope he's the next showrunner (I'm not kidding).

Just to clarify, I am a huge horror movie buff. I like everything from modern day, to black and white, and all the B-movies I can find (I hate remakes, though). This terrified me like no NU_WHO has in awhile. This was Blink quality to me. I'm glad someone else mentioned the twilight zone, because that's the first thing i was thinking of watching this.

I mean, sure, we've seen this story before (Fear her, The doctor dances, ETC), but this was done with some good twists. First off, it was about the father and son. Not the mother and son, mother and daughter or any other spin-off involving the mother. You just simply don't see many father-child stories out there.

B: It was about an alien who had developed phobias. I mean, it's bad enough when people have fears, but this episode proves you don't want to give aliens phobias (because they become "real")

3. The dolls creeped me out. The giggling, the "we want to play", turning other people into dolls, I was generally concerned about the characters in this story (I even thought at one point the doctor might become a doll). Oh, did i mention Amy was "dolled". I loved that (the fact that it wasn't Rory for once). Plus, the look on the Doctor's face when he asks Rory where Amy is, PRICELESS.

D or is it 4? The fact that the Doctor (yes, folks, the show is about him) saved the day. NOT AMY, NOT RIVER, not even rory (not like that ever happens). The Doctor actually figured out what was going on, and saved the day (with the help of the somewhat bumbling father).

I'm sorry, but this episode is right up there with "The Doctor's Wife" in being one of the few I've enjoyed this series. I would rather have stand-alone episodes, and different writers every week than the AMY POND/RIVER SONG tv show that we've been fed for the last 2 series.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:02 pm

Good episode. Not the pinnacle of NuWho, but still good. Not a lot of excess River baggage and more concentrating on making a scary episode. Much, much, much, much better than Fear Her which I've finally decided is the only Classic or New episode which I loathe. Very similar premise, but as bret mentions above, the Doctor figures it all out while the companions are in peril.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:28 pm

Yes, well watched it again,in the daylight. When I watched it last night, it did scare the crap out of me a bit. But, saying that, i just didn't enjoy it that much. It isn't one I would go out and buy if these were released like the old series.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:57 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Yes, well watched it again,in the daylight. When I watched it last night, it did scare the crap out of me a bit. But, saying that, i just didn't enjoy it that much. It isn't one I would go out and buy if these were released like the old series.

I can't watch it in day light. Sad I'm watching it on my PC and I get sun glares. Mad Well today it'll be more like England rain glares. Razz Laughing So I watched it twice last night and did enjoy it. Got a few laughs from it.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 5:54 pm

The Doctor really didn't resolve the underlying problem of the boy's pantophobia. He could still send people to the dollhouse next time he freaks out.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:35 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
The Doctor really didn't resolve the underlying problem of the boy's pantophobia. He could still send people to the dollhouse next time he freaks out.

Wait till those teenage rebellious years and flouting parental authority.

Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Didn't The Doctor mention something about that? Like "it might come back in puberty" or something along those lines...
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:01 pm

rdks wrote:
Didn't The Doctor mention something about that? Like "it might come back in puberty" or something along those lines...

Yeah... the dad was worried about what physical changes might happen when he grows up, since he really isn't human.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:55 pm

That was something I didn't like... Why say he's an alien and not explain it at all? Why is the alien here? Where did it come from? How? It just seemed like a bit of a pointless addition to the story.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Scary wrote:
Why is the alien here? Where did it come from? How?
It was all explained. They're born in space, where they drift until they find a habitable world with a family they can secretly join, using a perception filter. It adapts to its environment and alters the memories of those around it to suit it. It then lives out its life there without ever realizing its true nature.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:18 pm

Scary wrote:
That was something I didn't like... Why say he's an alien and not explain it at all? Why is the alien here? Where did it come from? How? It just seemed like a bit of a pointless addition to the story.

Kinda like the Doc picking up the message on the psychic paper... I had just assumed the Tensor just happened to be passing by Earth and picked up on the 'want a child so bad' vibe and felt compelled to give up whatever alien life it had elsewhere and help them out.

But then you'd have to wonder... what about that couple was so special, or why did the Tensor single them out? I'd have to think that there would have to be more than one childless single or couple wishing they had a kid of their own at any one time across the entire planet.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:36 pm

rdks wrote:
Scary wrote:
Why is the alien here? Where did it come from? How?
It was all explained. They're born in space, where they drift until they find a habitable world with a family they can secretly join, using a perception filter. It adapts to its environment and alters the memories of those around it to suit it. It then lives out its life there without ever realizing its true nature.

Wink

Oh right. Must have fell asleep during that part! Thanks for shedding some light. Smile
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:23 pm

I think one problem was that we saw it after "Let's Kill Hitler." I don't think the kid playing the little boy really looked so great after the three talented kids we had last week playing lil' Amy, Rory, and Mels.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:36 pm

Scary wrote:

Oh right. Must have fell asleep during that part! Thanks for shedding some light. Smile

I forgot myself. Just wasn't a very memorable episode at all Razz
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:57 pm

Oh, I'll remember it. FOR BEING SUPER LAME.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:47 am

Wes Crayon wrote:

I have never seen a nice comment come out of you.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:43 am

Rocco wrote:
Wes Crayon wrote:

I have never seen a nice comment come out of you.

Wes Crayon has given positive feedback on episodes plenty of times, and I'm sure a lot of the members who have been on this forum for a few years can vouch for that, including me.
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 5:00 am

Thanks for the assist, Scary! Smile

I thought typing in caps would be sufficient to indicate a lighter tone (I mean, coming from me and all), but in hindsight perhaps I should've added a winking smiley to make it really obvious that I was kidding. Not about the episode being super lame (it was) or me remembering it for that (I will), but I meant that more as a jokey rejoinder to Cruel Angel's comment than an angry trollin' post! I generally try to be inoffensive to the folks here with my criticisms, though I obviously fail at that when it comes to Rocco. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
Colbster
Colbster

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:13 am

I thought it was OK. The bit I didn't get was when the elderly lady got pulled into the trash pile. Was there a reason for this that I missed somewhere? How was she involved? Was she scared of being out there? I am guessing the fears of the child manifested themselves into this evil that was trying to take everyone and turn them into dolls?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CMB76
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: S6E9: Night Terrors   S6E9: Night Terrors - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:59 am

I liked it - didn't love it - but I liked it

My hopes for next year are absolutely NO story arc, more 2 parters & single stories. I would also love to see lots more "scarier" story lines......c'mon just one series wouldn't hurt!

Maybe picking up a new companion that has absolutely nothing to do with any kind of Doctor related timeline or the future of mankind would also be a much welcome release too.....yes, I'm just being picky now! Smile
Back to top Go down

S6E9: Night Terrors
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next