22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

The Night of the Doctor Empty
PostSubject: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 9:00 am

The BBC have just released the prequel to the Day of the Doctor. Its brilliant!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 9:10 am

Squee!
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 9:41 am

A small sample of what we unfortunately did not get to see of Paul McGann as the Doctor on our screens!
Back to top Go down
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 9:44 am

If this is a taste of whats to come then, i cannot wait
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:22 am

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm a Doctor. Probably not the one you were expecting."

You got that right!!
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:40 am

Brilliant!!!! So happy to see those faces together Cool 
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:54 am

WW wrote:
Squee!
x 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers 

(I soiled myself... Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 11:15 am

SeaDevil wrote:
WW wrote:
Squee!
x 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers 

(I soiled myself... Embarassed )
If yer gunna crap yourself, this is definitely an excusable reason! lol!
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 11:26 am

I was pretty happy when he appeared, but when they were suddenly there, I had to pause and explain to my son who they are, so he'd know why I was so excited...

... not to belabour the topic from elsewhere, but this mini-episode makes me think, a new 5" 8th Doctor figure packaged with a 5" WarDoctor...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 11:52 am

I think you would have to wait another 5 years for CO/UT to do a 5" of those figures, I mean they won't even do a 5" 2nd Dr in his fur coat.

I was so excited when I watched this. Also I think there is another minisode to come and there is Children In Need.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 12:41 pm

This is literally all I wanted from the 50th. It's seven minutes, but sweet Mithras if he doesn't shine for all of it. And what I believe is one of the only instances of the official production outright referencing people and events from the audios.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:04 pm

So cool however a friend completely ruined it before I watched it with spoilers so it didn't have the same impact. I'm pissed off right now. Nonetheless, still very cool to see McGann!
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Corwynn

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:35 pm

Too cool on so many levels. Had to sneak off and watch on my phone in a conference room at work. Nice nod to a classic episode with the setting on Karn.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:57 pm

TinDogRory wrote:
This is literally all I wanted from the 50th. It's seven minutes, but sweet Mithras if he doesn't shine for all of it. And what I believe is one of the only instances of the official production outright referencing people and events from the audios.
It was beautiful, and he was amazing. I was more emotionally involved in those 6 minutes than most of 7b. I really hope this portends good things for the full episode and beyond!
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Once the 12th Dr gets established can we have a Two Doctors type story with the 8th.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 2:52 pm

I was so happy to see Paul back in the role, I screamed so loud I terrified Oma and Dad. Both understood my excitement, and both watched with me! Moffat, for these seven minutes, I forgive you for almost everything you've done!
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 3:15 pm

What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face 

Is it possible to customize the figure, as I will haunt a good man to customize one for me!

Going to watch it again.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 3:16 pm

I reckon the Dalek and 8th Dr set will be even more sought after now.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 3:19 pm

The Night of the Doctor 8th-doctor-4_zpsa3f49f25
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 5:57 pm

Amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 6:20 pm

I squee'd.
I squee'd hard.

Then I watched the mini-episode proper and suddenly I am very excited for the 50th. This was brilliant, it was respectful to the character and his history, and it actually explains why the "New Who" Doctors have all had cores of darkness to them.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Great golly, that was good. I won't expect the real 50th Episode to be some packed with obscure references, but this is a terrific little gift for the fans.

And finally after 17 years there are new official visuals for the 8th Doctor. The folks doing the CD covers for Big Finish are probably quite thrilled.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:04 pm

And McGann didn't have to wear the wig!
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:11 pm

OH. MY. GOD.

That short is officially the most awesome thing I could ever have hoped for for the 50th. Paul as the Doctor, nods to the Classics, nods to the audios...I seriously cannot believe what I've just witnessed. THAT WAS AMAZING. My goodness, I am still trying to put my excitement into words!
Back to top Go down
memnoch21

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: The Night of the Doctor   The Night of the Doctor EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:52 pm

This week I had a water leak in my apartment, I lost my voice, I get my performance evaluation at work tomorrow and forgot my phone at home today. This makes up for all that and more. My first true exposure to Who was the TV movie and this was perfect. It's also Paul's birthday today! But so much takes place in these 7 minutes. Regeneration loopholes, audio adventures become cannon, a set up for next week, classic nods. If this is a preview then we are in for something amazing!
Back to top Go down

The Night of the Doctor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next