19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Yes, a thread dedicated to the less-popular companion of Series 5. The lucky dog who married Amy after waiting almost 2,000 years.

Rory appreciation! 0000166q

I thought today that actually, how Rory died in "Cold Blood" might be how he'd prefer to go, getting erased from history so Amy wouldn't remember him and cry over him.

But anyways... The boy's awesome, and here's to more of him at Christmas and in 2011!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:03 pm

And he's not bad on the eyes either. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:11 pm

The Only Male Companion who's been man enough to punch the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:29 pm

I can't believe this thread wasn't made before! I love Rory!!!! Lots of appreciation here!!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:58 pm

Much love for Rory... he needs to stick around for a long while.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:58 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Much love for Rory... he needs to stick around for a long while.

As long as Amy does. I like both her and him but it'll be weird if he leaves and she stays on. Unless they kill Rory off again which has already been done one too many times for my liking.
Back to top Go down
Nuggan
Nuggan

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-04

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:27 am

I like Amy but...he's too good for her.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 2:40 am

Hooray for Rory. cheers king
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:32 am

I'd rather have Rory over Amy any day. Now that he's been around for over 2000+ years, he can have his own series on past adventures protecting his beloved Amy.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:02 am

How's about a bump?

I really hope Moff & Co make Rory an interesting character. Having a couple on the TARDIS echoes back to the very first companions Ian and Barbara (Susan, yeah, but at that time, it was the Doctor and his granddaughter, not just the Doctor).

Apparently, Arthur Darvill wants Rory to step up as the hero, a logical move. But since the character seemingly now has a memory of living over 2,000 years, he could also be quite useful in the "think tank" part.
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:53 pm

OMG! I've been away too long! I LOVE RORY! He is easily my favorite of all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:58 pm

For your viewing pleasure...

Rory appreciation! Rorylicious
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:42 pm

Yum. There's various pictures of the cast and crew filming the new series on the DW newspage. One picture has Arthur/Rory in shorts and what a fine set of legs he has. Quick someone get me the smelling salts I think I'm gonna faint! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gunzlingr
gunzlingr

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-11-30

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:07 am

I have been most impressed with the Doctor and all of his companions this series. Matt Smith probably impresses me most, as I thought he might be awful just from the pre-role stills I had seen of him (I know, don't a judge a book...), but not one regular irritated. In the past there has always been someone I thought was annoying, or irritating. Not so this last series. Makes me excited for the upcoming special and season.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 7:01 pm

Interview with Arthur Darvill (Rory):
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s7/doctor-who/tubetalk/a292347/christmas-who-qa-with-arthur-darvill.html

? New look for Rory?

Quote :
How do you think Rory is going to evolve in the next series?
"I think Rory's going to start working out. I think he's going to start pumping iron quite a lot and get on the protein shakes. He's going to shave his head and there'll be a few piercings and knuckle dusters. How about a tattoo with Amy's name on? 'Amy' and 'Rory' written on each side of his chest. He's basically going to become a bit of a meathead. A bit like the Jean-Claude Van Damme of the program... which is obviously why I was cast!"

I told them not to let them have eggnog!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 7:56 pm

I JUST SAW A PROFILE FOR ARTHUR DARVILL. HE AND I HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY. (Sure, he's four years older...) BUT STILL!
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:40 am

jaredofmo wrote:
I JUST SAW A PROFILE FOR ARTHUR DARVILL. HE AND I HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY. (Sure, he's four years older...) BUT STILL!

Ooh, when is his birthday? I haven't been able to find it! Wait...*checks your profile, like duh!*
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Okay, this isn't really Rory, but in light of seeing him play the piano... Turns out... He was in a band!

And they rocked!

He sings in this video on My(lame)Space: http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/4124387
Back to top Go down
WeapingAngel Lvr
WeapingAngel Lvr

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-09

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:16 pm

Rory is so freaking awesome And making a series off set about rorys time as a guardian would be cool sort of like how they made a series out of torchwood
flower
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:15 am

I like him better than Amy, myself...
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:22 pm

With the new adventures of Rory (AKA Series 6) just a week away, I say it's time for a bump!

Here's hoping our boy lives up to the male companion role that was originally trod by Ian, Steven, Ben, Jamie, and Harry. (Not sure if Turlough fits the bill... Adric sure doesn't.)
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 11:29 pm

He's got some good moments in Day of the Moon.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 pm

More like "reasons why Arthur Darvill is cool" rather than Rory.

I held off on posting this due to the ongoing memorial thread for Lis.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Apparently Neil Gaiman is a Rory fan.

He's the writer for episode 4 of Series 6. His script was originally intended for episode 11 of Series 5. He said at the time he wrote it, Rory wasn't there, with him being dead at the time. When he was told his episode was being pushed back until S6, at first he was disappointed, but then he realized he'd get to use Rory. As a result he's given the best lines of episode 4 to Rory.

http://www.spacecast.com/article/Neil-Gaimans-Episode-of-Doctor-Who-Will-Break-Your-Heart
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Rory appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory appreciation!   Rory appreciation! EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:49 am

The actor of Rory is from my home town of Birmingham! My friend's drama teacher actually taught him GCSE drama! Talk about small world!

But yes, Rory is one of my favourites. The thing I love about Rory is that despite him being the Tin Dog, he is still very much appreciated and noticed by the Doctor unlike Mickey was by 9 and 10.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

Rory appreciation!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next