37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
work4dvd
work4dvd

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2007 7:01 pm

Eccleston, bar none. He brought a level of acting to the show that hadn't been seen before. His doctor has a range of emotions from goofy to deadly serious to very emotional. Some people don't like the angst he brought to the role, but I thought it was a welcome change.

Of the original seven doctors, I prefer McCoy, oddly enough. He was quirky, to be sure, but I find him captivating because he also displayed a range of emotions throughout his tenure.
Back to top Go down
#1_Doctor_Who_Fan
#1_Doctor_Who_Fan

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2007 10:12 pm

mine would be..... Eccleston and Tennant
Back to top Go down
tlsmith1963
tlsmith1963

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 9:43 pm

I haven't seen that much of DW, but I would have to say Baker & Tennant. They are both so much fun to watch. I never could quite warm up to Eccleston.
Back to top Go down
Ellie's Earings

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 9:21 pm

The first four were excellent, but not in any order !
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 1:46 pm

the 10th doctors my fav.well,i have only been around since 97 so i have only seen the 10th and 9th.i have seen bits and bobs of the classic series.i'm getting board of tenant now i must say.i mean we've had him for 2 years and soon it will be 3.but he hasn't sined up for series 5 yet so who knows.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 10:00 pm

Well truthfully my favorite doctor depends on my mood.
Sometimes I feel like watching an old black and white-Hartnell or Troughton. If I feel James Bondy...Pertwee. Horror and comedy, Tom. I did not warm up to Davison at first but now I really enjoy his stories. Colin- Big Finish work 4 stars...he was not given a fair chance as many have said. McCoy is nostalgic for me because I was in college when he was on...Eccelston had a huge job to do and pulled it off with a fresh style. Tennant, well he is truly one of my favorites...cute, witty, geeky, soulful...but I love em' all.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 10:44 pm

greenK9-
I would agree that it depends on the mood also. Each actor has brought some different aspect to the Doctor these muti-facets make it hard to choose.
9th-10th=because they revived the series freshly
8th-it was a one off but he was one of the better parts of the whole
7th+4th= may staple growing up they were on PBS.
3rd-4th=I'm a Tom fan because everyone is bandwagon me more recently have seen more eps. 3rd grew on me plus eps were always action packed.
6th=probably my least favorite not because of Colin more so that damn coat it just absorb to much attention. Unless is was made with semi-pyschic thread how do you bluff your way thru with that thing on?
1-2=never really seen more than 1 or 2 eps.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:29 am

Sadly LEmonster Doc 1 and 2...so many episodes are lost. The new dvd on the Invasion with Patrick T was very good. The flash animation looked less stiff in black and white. I'm not sure if they are the same studio that did The Infinite Quest with David T animated.

The Mind Robber is very Twilight Zone and for it's time very unique. The earlier episodes are more like watching a live play...because money was short and the often shot in 1 go...plus less editing for sure.
Back to top Go down
doctorwhofan11
doctorwhofan11

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 4:50 pm

Definitely David Tennant for me! He is such an amazing actor, and he adds a lot of humor to the part as well. When he needs to be serious though, he is. I think it's so sweet how when he was younger he dreamed of playing the Doctor, and now he actually is!
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 9:09 pm

I like all the Doctors. Why, do you ask? Well, because he IS the Doctor Wink

However, Tom Baker has a special place because I talked to him in person. I tall happened one day when I was calling one of the stores in UK and Tom Baker was in the store doing an appearance at that time. My contact asked me "Would you know Tom Baker if you talked to him?" Before I could reply the man was on the phone and his first words were "Well, what do you think about that Bush guy winning the election?" Very Happy Keith never forgave me for that coup with Tom and he was the bigger Doctor Who fan than I was (ha! ha!)

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 3:23 pm

David Tennant is my favorite Doctor -- he just drew me back into the fandom like nobody else! I love how he plays the part with so much energy, emotion and humor!

Before him, it was Peter Davison and Tom Baker, who I started watching with, Davison having the edge...but they've all got something to love, cause they're the Doctor!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Tennant by far is my favorite these days with Davison the fave from the Classic. All of them were pretty good except Colin Baker's got gipped by a bad costume and poor writing (but on the Big Finish audios he's actually far better and likable as the Doctor) and then there's Sylvester. It was two years of silliness before they managed to return to some decent writing in the final series. I really would have liked to see more of Patrick Troughton's shows which the BBC trashed (if they only knew then what they know now about it's longevity and continued popularity).
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 2:10 am

tlsmith1963 wrote:
I haven't seen that much of DW, but I would have to say Baker & Tennant.

Which Baker? Colin or Tom? Anyway, my 3 favourite Docs must be:
1. David Tennant
2. Tom Baker
3. Jon Pertwee
Back to top Go down
Doctors_Daughter
Doctors_Daughter

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 4:23 pm

thats a tough one it is

like most of you I can't narrow it down to a single choice. I would say I've never met a Doctor that I didn't like, but ... I really never much fancied Colin Baker.

That said, my favorites are troughton, pertwee, t.baker and tennant. ohhh... and I cant forget the grandfather of them all Hartnell.
Back to top Go down
mjh88
mjh88

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 12:17 am

I am fairly new to who, coming into it with the new series. That being said, lately I have been starting to watch the classics. I've watched a few Pertwee and Baker stories and have liked them. I suppose that it's up between Baker and Tennant right now. I'm sure that will change as I watch more classic episodes. By the way, a lot of the classic episodes are on Netflix instant watch. Just saying if you didn't already know.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 11:34 pm

mjh88 welcome to the fold- glad to see a new who fan diving into the classics.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 12:03 am

You HAVE to see Planet of Evil!!! That was my first one. I dont think Doctor Tom ever had that goofy of a look on his face when he said

:doc4: "Stand by for emergency materialisation!" :doc4:

Last edited by Hoosier Whovian on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 11:56 pm

I thought I posted in this thread already. Hmm...

Anyway, my favorite Doctor is Tennant, with Tom Baker as a very close second.
Back to top Go down
forbidden_moose

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 8:20 am

in order from best to least favorite: 4,2,3,1,9,10,5, 8,7,6.
Back to top Go down
mattix
mattix

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:49 am

Tom baker was just plain awsome some of his lines were the best.

Christopher Eccleston was my fave though, pity he was only in one series.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:00 am

I will take the Brigadier's approach:
"Splendid chaps, All of them."

Last edited by Ronpur on Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 2:12 pm

Tom Baker will always be my favorite, because he was "my" Doctor as a kid. In recent years, though, I've developed a new appreciation for William Hartnell and would likely call him my #2. Troughton, McCoy, and Tennant tie for #3.

Colin Baker is my least favorite, but that has more to do with the writing during his tenure than it does his performance (which, to his credit, was always 100% on his part).
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
WhoMA_Joe
WhoMA_Joe

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Interesting, the people whom are older say 30ish + prefer Tom Baker. <-- for those from the US. He was the one I first saw on my local PBS station. It dose seam to me( my opinion only) that people will remember who was the doctor when they 1st watched the show and consider him there favorite. McCoy didn't seam to have scripts like his previous doctors had but if you listen to the current CD's the story lines are great.
Back to top Go down
DrWhovian10
DrWhovian10

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite Doctor?   Who is your favorite Doctor? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 6:02 am

hands down... David Tennant
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=77932981016&ref

Who is your favorite Doctor?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2