Mine I'd have to say is series 5. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

favorite score Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite score   favorite score EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:42 pm

I like each score for various pieces, but I really have to say the specials because you have some really good tracks that just really convey the emotion of the moment. Especially "Four Knocks" from EoT, which is such a somber piece yet really loaded with emotion. Then you have "A Special Sort of Bus" a good cheerful piece, and for me as a writer "The Time Lords' Last Stand" really helps with a few good scenes I have in mind.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

favorite score Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite score   favorite score EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:00 am

I can't pick a favourite out of them all. I have this playlist on my iTunes where I've taken the best out of each series and put them there. So, based on track count alone... series 4, easily. But it wins for some of the most moving pieces ever like "Song of Freedom" and "The Greatest Story Never Told". However, I think one of my favourite pieces is actually from the third series, "Boe".

I like the Specials as well and there's only two tracks from Series 5 that I'll listen to. Everything else is just, I don't know. I have to give it time. I blame that more on how the score was produced on cd rather than the composer. Suites vs short, boring tracks would have been nice.
~
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

favorite score Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite score   favorite score EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:07 am

I had to pick 3, only because it has "All the Strange, Strange, Creatures" and "Gallifrey...", and I seem to listen to those two tracks the most. Series 4 has some seriously awesome stuff on it as well. Very close, but I'll go with 3.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

favorite score Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite score   favorite score EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:21 am

rdks wrote:
I had to pick 3, only because it has "All the Strange, Strange, Creatures" and "Gallifrey...", and I seem to listen to those two tracks the most. Series 4 has some seriously awesome stuff on it as well. Very close, but I'll go with 3.

Those are awesome pieces too! I was really torn between series 3 and 4 because of those two tracks as well! But for me, series 4 had my favourite theme for the Doctor, the Voyage of the Damned Suite, A Dazzling End, The Dark and Endless Dalek Night, along with A Pressing Need to Save the World.

I wish they'd make the scores like they have in the past. Combine it, make suites, stop tearing the scores apart; it ruins the effect. Sad
~
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

favorite score Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite score   favorite score EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:44 am

LtViperPilot wrote:
rdks wrote:

Those are awesome pieces too! I was really torn between series 3 and 4 because of those two tracks as well! But for me, series 4 had my favourite theme for the Doctor, the Voyage of the Damned Suite, A Dazzling End, The Dark and Endless Dalek Night, along with A Pressing Need to Save the World.

I wish they'd make the scores like they have in the past. Combine it, make suites, stop tearing the scores apart; it ruins the effect. Sad
~

All of those tracks are reasons why I had a hard time picking a score myself. I like "Madame de Pompadour" and "Doomsday" from the series 1 and 2 score, and of course, all the tracks listed in the previous posts from the other scores.

Suites are always nice too. I like having those because it combines several themes, and really makes it more worthwhile to listen to compared to a short single themed track that is more boring than enjoyable. Sadly very little from series 5 score has been enjoyable. I have two, maybe three tracks total that I liked from series 5.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

favorite score Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite score   favorite score EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:54 am

ooh, I forgot about "Doomsday"... I absolutely love that one
Back to top Go down

favorite score
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: