Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

William Hartnell Season 2 on bluray! Empty
PostSubject: William Hartnell Season 2 on bluray!   William Hartnell Season 2 on bluray! EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 10:39 am

from the Doctor Who merch site...
William Hartnell Season 2 on bluray! 2-750

Planet of Giants
The Dalek Invasion of Earth
The Rescue
The Romans
The Web Planet
The Crusade
The Space Museum
The Chase
The Time Meddler

The missing two episodes of The Crusade have been reconstructed using off-air photographs and the original broadcast soundtrack, while remaining episodes have been newly remastered from the best available sources – these classic adventures have never looked or sounded so good on home media.

The Collection: Season 2 Blu-ray box set also includes extensive Special Features including:

Three brand new documentaries: Including an overview of Season 2, Flight Through Eternity, a look at 1960s collectables in Doctor Who and The Collectors, and a deep dive into the life and career of story editor David Whitaker in Looking For David.

In Conversation: Two exclusive insightful feature-length interviews, with William Russell and Maureen O’Brien.

Behind the Sofa: New episodes with companions Maureen O’Brien, Peter Purves, Carole Ann Ford, Janet Fielding (Tegan), Wendy Padbury (Zoe), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Bonnie Langford (Mel) and Sophie Aldred (Ace).

Exclusive Audio Commentary: Learn about the recovery of The Lion, a missing episode that was returned in 1999, with three of the heroes responsible for its return.

Convention Footage: A rare chance to hear from actors Jacqueline Hill and Adrienne Hill (Katarina) alongside Michael Craze (Ben) and Carole Ann Ford.

Exclusive Enhanced Soundtrack: Watch The Dalek Invasion of Earth with an optional enhanced soundtrack.

HD Photo Galleries: Including many previously unseen images.

Info Text: Behind-the-scenes information and trivia on every episode.

Scripts, Costume Designs, Rare BBC Production Files and other rarities from the PDF Archive

The nine-disc box set also includes hours of special features previously released on DVD.

Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: William Hartnell Season 2 on bluray!   William Hartnell Season 2 on bluray! EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 10:54 am

I know I should be excited, but I would like to have the missing eps, as there are only two in this series, to be animated. But I will take what the give us. Especially at my age, I know I don't have those many years left.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: William Hartnell Season 2 on bluray!   William Hartnell Season 2 on bluray! EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 8:35 pm

So glad they made the in-depth interview with William Russell back in 2018. Great to see him so lively and engaged with the interviewer at age 94. Seems like they got him just before he retired from interviews and appearances.

Really hope they have some more material with Mr. Russell for Season 1. Tough to cover such an important era without Doctor Who's first leading man. I mean, the Doctor is important in each story, but so often the writers had Ian challenging the Doctor and leading the TARDIS crew while the Doctor could just be grumpy and mysterious.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: William Hartnell Season 2 on bluray!   William Hartnell Season 2 on bluray! EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 9:40 am

This is disappointing, to say the least... Missing episodes not animated?

And anyone who has seen the amazing colorizations on YouTube know that the option COULD be offered as an option...

Sorry, but I expect MORE than this.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Jay_prn
Jay_prn

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2021-10-20

PostSubject: Re: William Hartnell Season 2 on bluray!   William Hartnell Season 2 on bluray! EmptyFri Aug 26, 2022 12:06 pm

I can’t help noticing that the American release - now up preorder on Amazon - is a five disc set. I’m hoping the cover image is just inaccurate and that we’re not being shorted on content…
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: William Hartnell Season 2 on bluray!   William Hartnell Season 2 on bluray! EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 6:36 pm

There is a fairly high chance that the US mock-up of the cover just used a random guess (or the previous season) if they didn't know the exact number of disks at the time. I think we've had this issue before and always gotten the same number of discs as the UK version.
Back to top Go down

William Hartnell Season 2 on bluray!
Page 1 of 1