Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

Season 7 potential menu question  Empty
PostSubject: Season 7 potential menu question    Season 7 potential menu question  EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 10:06 am

I've been watching the news McCoy blu ray set -- and enjoying it WAY more than I expected too!

I've always loved the Blu Ray menu imagery of the console room ... the way the camera just glides around to the soothing background hum. And every blu ray set has done this with the console room seen in that season.

So it got me thinking ... what are they going to do for the menu when they get around to making the Season 7 blu rays?

There are no interior TARDIS scenes that entire year. So will the blu ray menu do a console room from another season, like season 6 or season 8?

Or will they instead do the interior of that garage building the console is sitting in from "Inferno"?

Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 potential menu question    Season 7 potential menu question  EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 10:16 am

They could do the hut the Doctor uses in Inferno, or maybe even the limbo he travels through between the universes, or the manor house 'lab' interior from Ambassadors of Death.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 potential menu question    Season 7 potential menu question  EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 3:42 am

Season 12 kicked the range off with the Season 12 console room.  Wait a minute, we never actually see Harry Sullivan in the TARDIS?  There is no Season 12 console room!  In fact the outside of the TARDIS only appears in 3 of the 5 stories.

Based on Season 12 I'd guess they will invent a Season 7 console room.  But by this point in the range I think fans would be prepared for the Inferno hut.  Season 12 was a gamble since no one knew if Blu-ray sets would sell and someone was determined to get a CGI console room in there even if they never got a second release.  Now that we've seen the console rooms so many times over, the Inferno hut would be an interesting change.

Last edited by squishy on Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 potential menu question    Season 7 potential menu question  EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 9:11 am

I think the garage from “Inferno” would be an interesting take… They could hide various Season 7 props around the room (Spearhead meteorite fragment, Ambassador helmet, Pangaea globe, etc.). But would it include a 3D a render of Bessie?!
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 potential menu question    Season 7 potential menu question  EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 9:59 am

squishy wrote:
Season 12 kicked the range off with the Season 12 console room.  Wait a minute, we never actually see Harry Sullivan in the TARDIS?  There is no Season 12 console room!  In fact the outside of the TARDIS only appears in 3 of the 5 stories.

Based on Season 12 I'd guess they will invent a Season 12 console room.  But by this point in the range I think fans would be prepared for the Inferno hut.  Season 12 was a gamble since no one knew if Blu-ray sets would sell and someone was determined to get a CGI console room in there even if they never got a second release.  Now that we've seen the console rooms so many times over, the Inferno hut would be an interesting change.  

aw man .... completely forgot that Season 12 had no console room scenes! Yet it was there on the blu ray menu.

I hang my nerd head in shame...

That brings back a funny memory though. My first exposure to Doctor Who was via the PBS channel in Louisville Ky in the late 80s. They started with season 12, "Robot", and then did the rest of the Tom Baker era stories.

I was watching every week, and just assumed they never showed the inside of the TARDIS -- i figured it was just black and plain, like a magic CS Lewis Wardrobe or something.

Then while watching "Planet of Evil" they had that scene out of the blue with Tom Baker in the console room hovering over the controls (the PBS station played Planet of Evil and Pyramids of Mars in the wrong order).

And I had no idea where he was! The walls were all white, so I assumed he was in another part of the earth spaceship.

Eventually I realized he was in the TARDIS ... but i was a long time on the uptake!
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com

Season 7 potential menu question
Page 1 of 1