Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

Season 22 (Coin Baker's First Season) Bu-Ray Empty
PostSubject: Season 22 (Coin Baker's First Season) Bu-Ray   Season 22 (Coin Baker's First Season) Bu-Ray EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 8:56 am

I'm late catching up on my news but I'm surprised no one posted a topic on this yet.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Season 22 (Coin Baker's First Season) Bu-Ray   Season 22 (Coin Baker's First Season) Bu-Ray EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 11:30 am

Yeah, I have read the lowdown on what is included. They are going to include A Fix with Sontarans, but might be clipping the end with Saville off of it.  And one of the three 'In Conversations' is with the ultimate evil himself; Michael Grade.

They are not including Twin Dilemma since it was a part of season 21. A bit of a shame as it could be a bonus disc so that we have all of Colin's "first season" on one set.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Season 22 (Coin Baker's First Season) Bu-Ray   Season 22 (Coin Baker's First Season) Bu-Ray EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 11:41 am

from the press release...

Brand New Documentaries – Including a Making-Of documentary for The Two Doctors, and
a nostalgic trip back for Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant to Season 22’s filming locations.

In Conversation – Not one but THREE insightful feature-length interviews, with
Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant and a surprise guest.

Behind The Sofa – New episodes with actors Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant, Terry Molloy,
Peter Davison, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton, Sylvester McCoy and Wendy Padbury.

Extended Episodes – Including Vengeance On Varos, The Two Doctors (Part One)

A Fix With Sontarans – The Doctor and Tegan battle the Sontarans in this special mini-episode.

Updated Special Effects – View Timelash with optional new effects

Exclusive New Audio Commentaries – With Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant, Alexei Sayle & Terry Molloy on Revelation Of The Daleks and Colin Baker, Janet Fielding & Gareth Jenkins on A Fix With Sontarans.

Immersive 5.1 Surround Sound – On Attack Of The Cybermen, Vengeance On Varos and Revelation Of The Daleks.

The Eternal Mystery – A brand new mini-episode of classic Doctor Who.

Studio Footage – Rare behind-the-scenes material from Vengeance On Varos, The Two Doctors, Timelash and Revelation Of The Daleks.

Convention Footage – Featuring actors Colin Baker and Jacqueline Pearce alongside producer John Nathan-Turner.

Rare Gems From The Archives – BBC archive material including ‘The Colin Baker Years’, plus content covering the promotion of the season and the controversial hiatus.

Radio Serial – Slipback, a six-part radio adventure.

Hd Photo Galleries – Including many previously unseen images.

Info Text – Behind-the-scenes information and trivia on every episode.

Scripts, costume designs, rare bbc production files

And other rarities from our pdf archive

And lots more

The eight-disc box set also includes hours of special features previously released on DVD.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Season 22 (Coin Baker's First Season) Bu-Ray   Season 22 (Coin Baker's First Season) Bu-Ray EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 6:20 am

Twin dilemma should have been tacked on here...hope they don't do that with Hartnell & Troughton .
Thinking late July release...
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Season 22 (Coin Baker's First Season) Bu-Ray   Season 22 (Coin Baker's First Season) Bu-Ray EmptyFri May 20, 2022 6:34 pm

U.S Now OCT 17th
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Season 22 (Coin Baker's First Season) Bu-Ray   Season 22 (Coin Baker's First Season) Bu-Ray EmptySat Oct 29, 2022 11:57 pm

This is a spectacular set… But has anybody noticed that the updated effects are missing from a scene in Revelation of the Daleks?

While watching the “updated effects” version (the 2005 fx update, as an optional feature on the disc) I noticed that the battle in Davros’s lab in episode two has the original 1985 effects.  You can see this starting at about 25:48, and lasting through the scene.  The Dalek beams are a dead giveaway, but it’s all the other stuff too.  The updated effects resume after the scene.

UPDATE: It appears the scene where Orsini detonates the bomb is also missing the 2005 effect, and uses the 1985 one.

I wonder what happened here?  I hope they issue replacement discs, but I don’t know who to contact.

In the meantime, HANG ON TO YOUR OLD 2005 DVD’s!
Back to top Go down

Season 22 (Coin Baker's First Season) Bu-Ray
Page 1 of 1