Winter
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray Empty
PostSubject: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 10:26 pm

Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray Screen14

Last edited by Winter on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 10:27 pm

So I've read this is due out the 25th of February:o.... Image and info lifted from a post by pferreira who found it on Dr.Who online u.k.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 11:10 pm

It's up for pre-order on Amazon UK but oddly enough it's not on the US Amazon ...
Could this be another "Enemy of the World Special Edition UK only" situation?

Here's hoping WhoNA can get it, and in a Region 1 format!

(Actually am I being stupid? Does bluRay do the Region-code thing? I honestly don't own any BluRays 'cept the Doctor Whos!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.toweroftechnobabble.com
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 12:44 am

It took about... a week or two for Pre-Order of Davison to show up on the US Big River after it was announced for the UK.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 1:14 am

TinDogRory wrote:
It took about... a week or two for Pre-Order of Davison to show up on the US Big River after it was announced for the UK.

Cool, good to know. I mean I'm sure it will be available in the US, I just STILL don't understand the "Enemy of the World" never coming to Region 1. Guess it's made me suspicious!
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 12:54 pm

It is listed on the US River for a March release now.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 10:43 pm

From the Doctor Who News site...

"As well as the seven stories from the season, the set will also include the Christmas spin-off special, K9 & Company.

As with the previous release of Season Twelve and the imminent release of Season Nineteen, this new collection will feature a host of new features to supplement the remastered high-definition upscaled episodes themselves:

•revealing new 2019 commentaries moderated by Matthew Sweet (Tom Baker on The Leisure Hive, Lalla Ward and Rachel Davies on State Of Decay)
•rare behind-the-scenes footage from The Leisure Hive, Full Circle and Logopolis
•surround sound mix for Warriors’ Gate
•new special effects for Logopolis, including new especially shot footage at the originally planned but ultimately unused University of Manchester’s Jodrell Bank Observatory for the Pharos Project location
•a new Making-Of documentary for Logopolis
•eight more editions of Behind The Sofa
•brand new documentaries The Writers Room and Weekend With Waterhouse
•a new interview with K9 & Company’s Ian Sears
•another dip into the Panopticon convention archives with Tom Baker
•HD photo galleries plus scripts, production files and rare documentation provided as PDFs
•plus extensive features previously released on DVD"

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/11/season18bluray-281118200008.html
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 12:06 am

Whooz wrote:
March 19th 2019, super excited...
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 12:43 am

Whooz wrote:

Well all right!

Now we just need Enemy...
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 4:34 am

I like the new extras that will be piled on top of the existing ones. This set should be a good one as they have 16mm film inserts for some of the story's.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 11:12 am

SeaDevil wrote:

•new special effects for Logopolis,

Wonder if they will replace that still photo of Anthony Ainley looking out the door when the tower thing starts to rotate at the end. I hate that ... everytime I watch that episode I can't help staring at it!
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 1:26 pm

digby wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:

Wonder if they will replace that still photo of Anthony Ainley looking out the door when the tower thing starts to rotate at the end. I hate that ... everytime I watch that episode I can't help staring at it!

They say new effects on Logopolis so I'm hoping that's what they're going to fix. I can't think of anything else that's especially bad for that story. The Logopolis model shots and the half-sized TARDIS always seemed fine. Unless they want to add some really creepy shrunken bodies instead of Barbies there isn't much else that I can say bothers me.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 1:37 pm

squishy wrote:
digby wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:

They say new effects on Logopolis so I'm hoping that's what they're going to fix.  I can't think of anything else that's especially bad for that story.  The Logopolis model shots and the half-sized TARDIS always seemed fine.  Unless they want to add some really creepy shrunken bodies instead of Barbies there isn't much else that I can say bothers me.

Maybe they'll fix the three companions watching the Doctor fall at different speeds!
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 4:31 pm

If you watch the lil advert Sea posted, it shows updated shots for Logopolis, they look pretty good.
Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray Logo_010
Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray Logo_011
Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray Logo_010
Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray Logo_011
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 6:58 am

How much longer on a preorder I wonder ...
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 9:28 pm

Just Pre-ordered mine on the 12th. Should be here tomorrow and I am soooooo excited.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 5:48 pm

Another excellent release, The show looks better than it ever has compared to the DVD range. Price point is perfect. The Artistry seen in the costumes, props and sets are quite charming in that you get to better understand what they had to work with and how they excelled with what little they had. The Nostalgic feeling of experiencing every episode again only seeing details not previously seen on my SD version has made for a fun and enjoyable weekend. All of the slopped paint applications, Scratches, scuffs, wrinkles in tape, and surfaces of damaged and worn concrete floors as well as wooden objects give the show a feeling of well worn and lived in locations. Now days everything shot in television and films look as though the contents of houses and building interiors are all stocked with brand new factory direct goods. This show is well lived in no matter where you look. Absolutely adore this program.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 5:48 pm

Can't wait for the next announced release
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Ok, jumped to the end of Logopolis and they did fix the scene
with the cardboard cutout of The Master. It's a small touch but
I like it. I think it shows they are willing to pay attention to some
of the fans requests and comments.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 5:30 pm

There are apparently some minor issues with this release. I don't have it so cannot confirm these issues myself.

Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray Screen10
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 8:50 am

digby wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:

I've finally made it to "Logopolis" and can say I really like the updated version. Not all the updated effects have always worked, but these seemed to fit in just right. And having a little bit of action from the Master instead of just a static photo was subtle but pleasantly welcome.
Back to top Go down
digby
digby

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 10:21 pm

squishy wrote:
digby wrote:
SeaDevil wrote:

I've finally made it to "Logopolis" and can say I really like the updated version.  Not all the updated effects have always worked, but these seemed to fit in just right.  And having a little bit of action from the Master instead of just a static photo was subtle but pleasantly welcome.

That new Master bit is kind "weird" ... isn't it?!?
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 1:06 am

Less weird than sitting perfectly still while your arch-nemesis falls to his death. We're all watching Ainley during the scene because we know how odd it used to look. Not sure if a newbie would notice the Master as much.

Much like the "Hand of Sutekh" or the stormtrooper who hits his head while rushing in during "A New Hope", once you see these things you can't help but stare at only them on all future re-watchings.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray   Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 9:12 pm

I got my replacement discs from this set. They sent me Leisure Hive and Keeper of Traken. So I can only assume that there was an error on Keeper that I was not aware of.
Back to top Go down

Tom Baker Season 18 Blu-ray
Page 1 of 1