Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)

Go down 
5 posters

Rate: ARACHNIDS IN THE UK
Oh, Brilliant!
S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  Vote_lcap0%S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Good!
S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  Vote_lcap50%S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
Okay...
S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  Vote_lcap38%S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Bad!
S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  Vote_lcap12%S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Awful!
S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  Vote_lcap0%S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  Empty
PostSubject: S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)    S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 7:33 am

Comment on the fourth episode of Series 11
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

PostSubject: Re: S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)    S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 7:41 am

Somewhere between good and okay, I erred a little higher. Better than an average episode of the past 10 seasons, but nothing incredibly special. Still a great spotlight on Graham, whose acting is really standing out. Ryan has some neat moments - especially his shadow puppetry in the background of the one scene. We learned more about Yas, but it kinda felt like we got more about her family then about her thoughts.

Chris Noth was great with what he was given, if his role was somewhat odd. Fun, neat plot. Kinda light. Resolution seemed out of nowhere. Oddly enjoyable, though.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)    S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Ugh...I hate spiders...! No

I agree about Graham. I think he's easily my favorite companion of the three.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)    S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 11:13 pm

The fake Trump guy?  Another guest character that didn't seem to get his comeuppance, yet.  I'm getting worried that several of these folks will end up returning at the end of the series.  Each of these episodes seem to not quite wrap up the stories of all the guest stars.  The TARDIS crew beats the threat each week, but certain villains/meanies slip away...

Otherwise, the new Doctor is getting pretty darn empathetic.  Pertwee would have felt sorry for the spiders, but still would have blown them to smithereens to restore the balance of nature.  The 13th Doctor just locks them in a room.  Too starve.  And maybe turn to cannibalizing one another.  And the last one alive will get so big it ends up suffocating.  I'm not sure if this week's solution wasn't actually more cruel than fake-Trump's desire to put them down.  Maybe Chibnall shouldn't have put the  Doctor in this position if his best solution was to make the creatures die a more horrible death than letting the heartless tycoon shoot them.
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

PostSubject: Re: S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)    S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 8:48 am

Yes, the morality of the situation is quite bizarre and not in keeping with the modern Doctor. heck, "When people I never refuse" unless they're spiders.

I wonder if it's a push to feel more classic, less neatly tied up.
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)    S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:25 pm

I waited to watch today and thought this would make a good Halloween episode.
How can you go wrong with spiders? Well, I guess you can.
All the elements were there but they didn't know how to end it.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)    S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 5:14 am

Again we have another crapper of an episode where you're left scratching your head wondering what you are watching.

Was this Class or Sarah Jane Adventures?

The companions are still my favorite part and that shouldn't be the case on Doctor Who.

Fake Trump?What was the point? Dumb.

I give this a 2 out of 10.
Back to top Go down

S11E04: Arachnids in the UK (Spoilers)
Page 1 of 1