SJA
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

Doctor Who scripts leaked online Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who scripts leaked online   Doctor Who scripts leaked online EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 1:10 pm

Five scripts for the new series of Doctor Who have leaked online, seven weeks before the episodes are broadcast.

BBC Worldwide said it was investigating "a security issue around Doctor Who Series Eight where unfinished material has inadvertently been made public".

The statement urged fans not to distribute the spoiler material.

The series - which marks Peter Capaldi's debut as the Doctor - is due to begin on BBC One on 23 August.

'Deep regret'
Confirming the leak, BBC Worldwide, the corporation's global arm, said: "We deeply regret this and apologise to all the show's fans, the BBC and the cast and crew who have worked tirelessly making the series.

"We would like to make a plea to anyone who might have any of this material and spoilers associated with it not to share it with a wider audience so that everyone can enjoy the show as it should be seen when it launches.

"We know only too well that Doctor Who fans are the best in the world and we thank them for their help with this and their continued loyalty."

The leaked scripts are reported to have originated from a BBC Worldwide office in the US.

The first episode is due to have its premiere at a screening in Cardiff on 7 August, after which the show's stars and executive producer Steven Moffat will take it on a world tour leading up to the first TV broadcast.

'Confidential'
The scripts, beginning with episode one, titled Deep Breath, are marked "private and confidential".

Last year, some US fans were sent DVDs containing the series finale three weeks before it had been broadcast.

In May 2011, Moffat criticised those "who call themselves fans" who revealed crucial plot lines ahead of transmission.

"You can imagine how much I hate them," he told BBC Radio 5 live. "I wish they could go and be fans of something else."
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who scripts leaked online   Doctor Who scripts leaked online EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 4:04 pm

This is really sad. I hope I don't bump into any spoilers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who scripts leaked online   Doctor Who scripts leaked online EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Scary wrote:
This is really sad. I hope I don't bump into any spoilers.

Its a never ending battle against those that post things and could care less about shielding people from spoilers.

On one site Im on, someone posted that press release in a thread in the DW group, yet right below it there are two other threads with the main titles being of the type (<insert name> is going to be in season 8 )

Just gotta go into info lockdown mode again.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who scripts leaked online   Doctor Who scripts leaked online EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 6:15 pm

All I'd like to know is if the scripts seem like they'd make good television. I don't need to know plot, characters, or details...only if it's good.

That's as far as my curiosity goes.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who scripts leaked online   Doctor Who scripts leaked online EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 10:54 am

I hope anyone here who gets these has the decency to not post about them. I think we need to respect those who wish to be spoiler free.
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who scripts leaked online   Doctor Who scripts leaked online EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:42 am

Rust wrote:
All I'd like to know is if the scripts seem like they'd make good television. I don't need to know plot, characters, or details...only if it's good.

That's as far as my curiosity goes.

I know someone who has read them and he seemed to like them. He said they reminded him of Eccleston's series.
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who scripts leaked online   Doctor Who scripts leaked online EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:52 am

I got a hold of them. I got them for curiosities sake. I am curious to look at them but won't until after the shows air.

But I did notice an interesting tidbit on the first page that's not really a spoiler but I'll block it out anyway...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Chuzzlewit
Chuzzlewit

Number of posts : 3864
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who scripts leaked online   Doctor Who scripts leaked online EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 3:30 pm

It's really encouraging to see so much coverage and so many people so hungry for knowledge. And, reviews of those scripts seem to give Universal applause, so that's a very good sign. That said, we are actually choosing to watch the actual episodes complete at time of broadcast rather than find and read these scripts. We're not against learning or knowledge in any way, but, unless it's a book sold by WHONA, we have decided we would definitely prefer to see Capaldi's performance over words on a printed page. He could prove to be our favorite yet!

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who scripts leaked online   Doctor Who scripts leaked online EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 4:43 pm

pixletwin wrote:

I know someone who has read them and he seemed to like them. He said they reminded him of Eccleston's series.

That's all I needed to know. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who scripts leaked online   Doctor Who scripts leaked online EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 11:08 am

Read some and they are AMAZING!!!
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who scripts leaked online   Doctor Who scripts leaked online EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 11:48 am

Yeah. I read them all last night. Gotta say that I agree, the scripts capture a very 2005 DW feel. My favorite episode among them is Ep 4.

Also, if the series is executed on TV as well as it was in my mind (lol) I believe Capaldi may be my 3rd favorite Doctor behind Tom and McGann.
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who scripts leaked online
Page 1 of 1