Scary
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) Empty
PostSubject: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Looks like the Classic Doctors will be returning for a special red-button feature for BBC1! Sounds good! Razz

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-fish-dr-revealed-the-fiveish-doctors-reboot-55789.htm

Shame to see no sign of Tom Baker though. Nonetheless, I'm excited to see the others. Would have been better if they were in the actual 50th episode, but this is good enough I guess! bounce

Last edited by Scary on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 1:12 am

I hope this gets out quickly. Looks like a raucous good time.
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 3:49 am

It's on iPlayer now! And it is HILARIOUS. Really, just fantastic!

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/11/the-fiveish-doctors-reboot.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:37 am

Amazing!!  Wouldn't it be funny if they really were under the sheets!!  LOL.

Too bad they didn't stumble upon Paul filming his minisode while they were wandering around the BBC. Or even funnier yet, Tom!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:50 am

LOL!!! This is brilliant!!! cheers

The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) Moff10
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 12:27 pm

What a great bit of fun. Even Sir Ian got in on it!
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Yet he's using 7th's TARDIS. If he had the 5th's TARDIS, I would be upset, as we should have gotten that one too!

This was a BRILLIANT show, I tweeted Peter Davidson and thanked him for it.

I do hope it will be available on Region 1 DVD, otherwise I'll need someone to burn a disc for me. It HAS TO be on the shelf with Day of the Doctor!!!
Back to top Go down
D84
D84

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:45 pm

I loved it! Some people might be mad at me for saying this, but I liked it more than Day of the Doctor. Now, I really liked Day of the Doctor, and it was the best story in a long time, but this brought back more fond memories of the original series.

Also, I thoroughly enjoyed their ability to laugh at themselves and do the whole farce of ending up as Daleks and under the sheets.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 2:36 pm

I saw it last night and it really cheered me up no end. I needed it, I really did.  Nice to see John Culshaw is now a canon Doctor, or at least in the comic universe of Who.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Nice. Got better as it went!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 3:26 pm

I enjoy the idea that John Barrowman CDs and DVDs are viable currency in Wales.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:08 pm

Loved it and made me laugh so much. Hope it is released on DVD - maybe it is part of the Doctor DVD (we can only hope).

It is nice to see the actors' families taking part in it too - loved seeing Peter's two boys after hearing him talking and texting them during Gen Con Razz 

Does JB really have a wife and two daughters??? Or was this a farce? Hmmm, cheeky to leave them behind to hold the signs Very Happy 

It is soo cool to see Peter Jackson and Ian McKellen (?sp) on it too.

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:59 pm

I was trying to figure out if maybe that was John's co-writer & sister?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 5:06 pm

That was some funny stuff! Laughing 

Great job, Pete!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 5:14 pm

There were SO many fun little in-jokey moments. I liked how the score went from electronic noodling of the 80s to the bombastic scores of current day, for instance. And Moffat using figures to come up with stories (or, just playing with them) was priceless, too.

I would watch a TV show detailing the lives of these three Doctors! They were so hilarious.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 6:50 pm

Who North America wrote:
Does JB really have a wife and two daughters??? Or was this a farce?
It was a joke. Since he's a famous out actor (who recently got married to his longtime partner Scott), the joke would be that he's actually straight and hiding a wife and kids.

Just watched it. It was a lot of fun to see not just Peter, Colin and Sylvester pulling off some antics, but to see other people who weren't in the 50th anniversary special, like John Barrowman and Russell T. Davies. It reminded me of old slapstick comedies, and hey, sometimes we need those.

And they even got Peter Jackson and Ian McKellen to appear!
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 12:05 am

Ah, thanks for explaining it.

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 12:04 pm

Definitely a "Three Stooges" element going on here. About the only thing missing were the slaps and pokes.

What a clever way to involve so many DW veterans in the 50th celebration without bogging down the main narrative. And as a result, Peter, Colin and Syl' had far meatier roles than would have otherwise.

Ironic, I fully expected one or more of the presentations to feel weak, but "Night...", "Day...", "...Space & Time" and "...Rebooted" were ALL winners in my book!

If the Christmas special is equally impressive, I'll be one VERY happy camper!

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 1:05 pm

Spooky how much Sean Pertwee is starting to look more and more like his dad...
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:56 am

I enjoyed this very much.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 3:35 am

Maybe there should have been a spoiler tag on this thread...but that half-hour is so packed with good bits it would be impossible to "spoil" them all. (Really, if you haven't seen it yet, go watch it NOW.)

For example, the identity of the "voice of reality" in Davison's dream...perfect. The faces spinning around the Moff in pre-regeneration fashion was priceless. And Colin Baker may have turned in his finest performance in any Who-related production...and that's not a dig. He's the MVD in this video. Though after hearing his convention stories of his efforts to get his children to watch his stories, I'd wager his family was not working off a script.Razz
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Davison provided some great anecdotes about the production at ChicagoTardis.

They even showed some deleted scenes, including Sylvester anonymously sending the other Doctors copies of "The Hobbit" with all the pages after the end of the first film cut out!

They finished it too late to get it added to the 50th Anniversary Special's Blu/DVD release.
They're hoping that they *might* put this feature on the Christmas special's DVD release though, but there are no official plans to do anything with it right now, other than the online posting.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)   The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!) EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Thanks for the info! I hope it gets on the Christmas special. I would really love to have it in some non-online form.
Back to top Go down

The Five-ish Doctors Reboot (SPOILERS!)
Page 1 of 1