Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

Peter Davison to Be in Doctor Who 50Th Anniversary Episode   Empty
PostSubject: Peter Davison to Be in Doctor Who 50Th Anniversary Episode    Peter Davison to Be in Doctor Who 50Th Anniversary Episode   EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Peter Davison has confirmed he will appear in the 'Doctor Who' 50th anniversary special.

The 62-year-old actor, who played the Fifth Doctor in the BBC sci-fi series from 1981 to 1984, admitted he is going to play a part in the one-off episode on November 23 and while he is looking forward to seeing it all come together, he is remaining tight-lipped about the specific details of his role.

He told BANG Showbiz: "I'm making an appearance somewhere over that period of time but I can't reveal in what.

"I can't reveal anything specific about it. I'm not allowed to.

"It is a big year for the show and we're all doing our bit for it. Trust me."

The episode will be one of Matt Smith's last appearances as the titular Time Lord, but Peter is excited about 55-year-old Peter Capaldi taking over the role from next year because he believes the 'Thick of It' star will bring some much-needed maturity to the part.

He added: "I think it's a great choice, I really think it's a brilliant choice. So many names have been banded about.

"When I heard who it was I just thought that's a great choice.

"He's a fantastic actor and he has that sort of sense of humour. He has an edge to him as well and I think it's nice to have a maturer Doctor.

"I grew up with mature Doctors so I think it's an excellent choice."

Peter would love to see one of his grandchildren appear as the Doctor one day following in the footsteps of him and his son-in-law David Tennant - who is married to Peter's daughter Georgia Moffett - but joked it might resemble the controversial North Korean dynasty, which is passed down from father to son.

He quipped: "'Doctor Who' is a bit like the North Korean dynasty, we're just going to pass it on down the line until one of us pops our clogs. It's all ours now - it's the Davison and Tennant dynasty."

However, Peter - who has been married to Elizabeth Morton since 2003 - admits he fears for the show's future and wouldn't be surprised if people got "tired" of watching the sci-fi series and bosses decided to take it off air.

He said: "There will get to a point where people get a bit tired of 'Doctor Who'. I don't know, maybe it will need a little rest. I'd love to see it carry on but you can never tell."

Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison to Be in Doctor Who 50Th Anniversary Episode    Peter Davison to Be in Doctor Who 50Th Anniversary Episode   EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:25 am

Earlier in the week, Peter Davison opened up the possibility of the fifth Doctor making an appearance in the 50th anniversary special when he mentioned he owned a copy of the script.

Female First are now reporting that he will appear in the special. However before we get too excited Davison doesn’t specifically say it’s for The Day of the Doctor, only that he’s doing something for the 50th.

He said: “I’m making an appearance somewhere over that period of time but I can’t reveal in what.

“I can’t reveal anything specific about it. I’m not allowed to.

“It is a big year for the show and we’re all doing our bit for it. Trust me.”
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison to Be in Doctor Who 50Th Anniversary Episode    Peter Davison to Be in Doctor Who 50Th Anniversary Episode   EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:55 am

It occurred to me that, technically, next year is the 50th year... The year starts on 23 November.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Peter Davison to Be in Doctor Who 50Th Anniversary Episode    Peter Davison to Be in Doctor Who 50Th Anniversary Episode   EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:00 pm

I was reading it that he will be in something for the anniversary, not necessarily "The Day of the Doctor".
Back to top Go down

Peter Davison to Be in Doctor Who 50Th Anniversary Episode
Page 1 of 1