14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 6:10 pm

I am really looking forward to this issue! Does it cover the Big Finish Masters as well? I really enjoy Alex Macqueen as the Master.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 6:16 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I am really looking forward to this issue!  Does it cover the Big Finish Masters as well?  I really enjoy Alex Macqueen as the Master.

I've been very let down by nearly all the post-1989 Masters.  Eric Roberts was way too hammy.  Mr. Jacobi did a nice quiet intro that quickly went to Delgado style manic ranting which was nice.  Maybe he was lucky that he didn't stay long enough to let us down. The Simms/Gomez "bananas" Masters are just silly.  It's nice that Big Finish managed to cast Mr. Macqueen and write a recognizable Master for him.  He's not a copy of Delgado or Ainley, but he's still menacing and not a silly goofball trying to out silly Tennant/Smith.

Mr. Beevers was a Classic Master although arguably much expanded in his Big Finish roles.  Still enjoy his creepy portrayal whenever he appears.

The issue should get to me by Thursday or Friday and then we'll know if Alex Macqueen made the issue.  Although at 116 pages I'd be surprised if DWM didn't give Big Finish and Curse of Fatal Death some kind of mention.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 1:13 pm

4 pages on Big Finish including Alex Macqueen. Will need to start reading tonight.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 8:24 pm

Doctor Who Magazine 485 arrived today, and most of them were water damaged (one box had other issues, but water was not the problem).

We have contacted the supplier. News to follow.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
vicci

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-06-20

PostSubject: DWM 485   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 8:36 pm

Smile Thank you for letting us know. I was wondering why they were not put up on the website today. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
canyonwolf

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Hi Keith, are the copies of DWM 485 posted for sale just the Matt Smith cover? are you going to sell the damaged copies? thanks!
Back to top Go down
Evil Calvin
Evil Calvin

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-04-07

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 4:44 pm

Woo Hoo! I snagged up an Eccleston cover issue. I've been checking all day and then there were only 6. So there must have only been a dozen or so available. Must have been UPs deliveing the water damaged box. To them "fragile" is French for "To drop and to kick!"
Back to top Go down
stanlow

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 5:58 pm

That's disappointing. I was planning to purchase all 4, and when I checked the website after checking all day Monday and most of today, all that were left were 5 Smith covers and assuming you posted immediately after ordering, I ordered about an hour before.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 6:09 pm

I didn't get any, but not too worried since I'm sure WhoNA will get more in once they get good stock.
Back to top Go down
stanlow

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 6:49 pm

jonwes wrote:
I didn't get any, but not too worried since I'm sure WhoNA will get more in once they get good stock.

sorry to hear that. Hopefully they will get more in. This is why I HATE when DWM does this.
Back to top Go down
Evil Calvin
Evil Calvin

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 7:05 pm

It's possible they may get a credit from the delivery company. Usually they get over a hundred at $10 each so I'm sure the shipment is insured. If they get a credit they may be able to sell the damaged ones cheap--/ but obviously less than collectible condition.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 10:29 pm

We will know more in a day or so.

Water Damaged: if the pages stick together, we will not attempt to sell them, even at a discount.

Scuffed corners: these we may sell as distressed. Right now, we're trying to make a large claim, so the shipping company may need to retrieve the damaged copies.

Last edited by Who North America on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stanlow

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 5:26 pm

Who North America wrote:
We will know more in a day or so.

Water Damaged: if the pages stick together, we will not attempt to sell them, even at a discount.

Scuffed corners: these we may sell as distressed. Right now, we're trying to make a large claim, so the shipping company may need to retrieve the damaged copies.

Any more word and to if or when more issues will be available?
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 8:42 am

Managed to get 64 replacements copies coming in this week.

Jany
Back to top Go down
stanlow

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:30 am

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 10:11 am

48 copies arrived that were sellable. These issues have a fair amount of scuff, but they are pretty straight otherwise.
Back to top Go down
stanlow

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:31 am

Any word on DWM 490?
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 11:17 am

No sign of the magazines yet (they were supposed to be delivered yesterday) and we have sent a follow up. Waiting to hear back from Fedex.

Jany
Back to top Go down
Evil Calvin
Evil Calvin

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 4:13 pm

Who North America wrote:
No sign of the magazines yet (they were supposed to be delivered yesterday) and we have sent a follow up. Waiting to hear back from Fedex.

Jany

Any update on the new DWM?
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 10:04 am

Arrived this morning. Now listed.
Back to top Go down
stanlow

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 7:18 pm

Any word on DWM 498?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 2:31 pm

Its there now!

http://www.whona.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=DWM498&Category_Code=drwho
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 3:41 pm

Need Doctor Who Magazine 550 a soon as it arrives.
Back to top Go down
stanlow

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 5:22 pm

Brain of Davros wrote:
Need Doctor Who Magazine 550 a soon as it arrives.
Hopefully it won't be an issue receiving it with the current situation. Still haven't gotten the most recent Twelfth Doctor Companion (Volume 3).
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: New Doctor Who magazines have arrived   New Doctor Who magazines have arrived - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 1:12 pm

550 is now in stock.

It's a bumper issue and $19.99.
Back to top Go down

New Doctor Who magazines have arrived
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next