Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Retro_Panda
Retro_Panda

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-04-09

The Lodger/The Day of the Moon...? Empty
PostSubject: The Lodger/The Day of the Moon...?   The Lodger/The Day of the Moon...? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:17 am

I was re-watching Day of the Moon, and when the Doctor steps out of the Tardis into the Silent's Time Machine he says "Oh interesting, very Aickman Rd. I've seen one of these before. Abandoned, I wonder how that happened?" He is making a reference to the Lodger episode. Does anyone know how/if these two tie in together? It never really explains unless I missed it.

Question
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Lodger/The Day of the Moon...?   The Lodger/The Day of the Moon...? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:58 am

I asked a similar question back when it aired and got resounding silence... no puns intended.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Retro_Panda
Retro_Panda

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Lodger/The Day of the Moon...?   The Lodger/The Day of the Moon...? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:14 am

I was wondering if they decided to re-use an existing set to keep costs down or what not and just added that line in the show to acknowledge the re-use of it. It might not have ever been intended as any type of storyline/tie-in afterall...

Question
Back to top Go down
LastWho
LastWho

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: The Lodger/The Day of the Moon...?   The Lodger/The Day of the Moon...? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:50 pm

I took it as a line to acknowledge the fact that it was a set re-use and to 'possibly' say that the silent were the deceased crew of the ship that landed. Which could also explain why the TARDIS got the heck out of there as soon as it landed!
Back to top Go down

The Lodger/The Day of the Moon...?
Page 1 of 1