Ronpur
bret_owen99
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

the tardis from the lodger/series 6 Empty
PostSubject: the tardis from the lodger/series 6   the tardis from the lodger/series 6 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:59 pm

don't know if anyone else has brought this up, but since it looks like the tardis from the lodger is back in series 6 (just looks the same), does anyone else think that maybe the doctor builds the tardis? perhaps his tardis is taken away, or someone forces him to build one for them (or they steal the plans out of his mind).

it would explain why the tardis thought he was the correct pilot in the lodger. it would also keep the continuity of him being the last timelord (thus the only one who could/would build a new tardis). i'm just thinking maybe it's like river song. we meet the tardis in the lodger for the first time, but it's before he knows he built it.

just a theory. anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: the tardis from the lodger/series 6   the tardis from the lodger/series 6 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:21 pm

I think the current theory is a Tardis is grown and not built. I wonder if it is not the vehicle of the voice we heard in the Doctor's Tardis, and the one behind the exploding Tardis and the silence. And is it a Tardis? I think the Doctor would have recognized it as such, and mentioned it being a Tardis.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: the tardis from the lodger/series 6   the tardis from the lodger/series 6 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:32 pm

i thought he said something in the lodger along the lines of "someones crude attempt at building a tardis"

well, who else would know how to build a tardis? it's just a theory, but it would mean that he is the last timelord with that knowledge (no master, or rani, or any other timelord building a new one). it was from his future, that's why he didn't know he built it. i just know the pic in the previews in series 6 look just like the one from the lodger. if series 6 is his future, and he builds it, but then it gets away and goes to his past, it would make some sort of sense.

just hoping they do provide some sort of good answer to who built it, and why. the other idea i posted, about having someone steal the idea out of his head was inspiration from the movie inception. sort of like everyone thinks river song is the tardis, or someone else. maybe she is part of the doctor (which is why she knows his name, and how to operate the tardis). something cloned, or stolen. sorry, rambling. just mad thoughts by a madman.
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: the tardis from the lodger/series 6   the tardis from the lodger/series 6 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:13 pm

One of the wilder theories I've heard involves Omega from "The Three Doctors" and "Arc of Infinity". The idea being it's his booming voice (is Stephen Thorne still alive?) stating that ominous "...And silence shall fall," in "The Pandorica Opens". Supposedly he's set the events in motion that would force the Doctor to "reset" the universe and this "reset" may allow him to escape the "singularity" and thus re-emerge into a positive matter universe, namely, the Doctor's.

Again, let me emphasize this is merely one of several "wild @ss" theories, nothing to be taken too seriously.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: the tardis from the lodger/series 6   the tardis from the lodger/series 6 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:39 pm

The Doctor built it. The old bearded Doctor being held captive in Area 51 as show in the Series 6 trailer. The US Army forced him to build it, that's why they're holding him.

That's my guess anyways.

Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: the tardis from the lodger/series 6   the tardis from the lodger/series 6 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:18 pm

Speaking of the Rani... has there been any word on thr rights issues with her character?

But anyway, to my understanding (I may be wrong), the show doesn't acknowledge the books or audios. Is Romana still in E-Space?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: the tardis from the lodger/series 6   the tardis from the lodger/series 6 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Well, I assume the BBC holds the rights to the character of the Rani, but if a figure is considered, CO will have to negotiate for the rights to the actress' likeness.

Though Russell T. Davies official policy was that the 2005 series would not be dependent upon plot elements presented in the various novels, comics, audio, etc. there have been a few isolated cases where things were "inspired" by the "outside" sources. The tortured Dalek came from a Big Finish audio (the rest of the story differed, but the same person wrote both). "Human Nature" was originally a 7th Doctor novel (and available for on-line reading at the official BBC site).

So, as to whether Romana remains in E-Space, well, that's currently up to Moffatt's decision. Nothing has been stated "in series" one way or another. But even if Davies had depicted Romana being gunned down by Daleks as she wore the crown as the High President of Gallifrey, if Moffatt wanted to bring her back, well, he's the producer; he can do pretty much what he wants.

Short answer, nobody knows until the production decides to do something. For all we know, she may have bore a whole litter of TimeLord/Tharil "cubs" with Birok. Very Happy

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
Drathro

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: the tardis from the lodger/series 6   the tardis from the lodger/series 6 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Wasn't Meglos originally supposed to be in The Lodger?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freeconsolesandgames.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: the tardis from the lodger/series 6   the tardis from the lodger/series 6 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:40 pm

A crispy cactus? You have got to be joking!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: the tardis from the lodger/series 6   the tardis from the lodger/series 6 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:57 pm

Drathro wrote:
Wasn't Meglos originally supposed to be in The Lodger?
Yep, and the 11th Doctor doesn't recognize him. However, they realized that Meglos would look too much like the Vinvocchi from "The End of Time" and changed it. And it looks like they'll be following up on that.
Back to top Go down

the tardis from the lodger/series 6
Page 1 of 1