0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

073 - The Monster of Peladon Empty
PostSubject: 073 - The Monster of Peladon   073 - The Monster of Peladon EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:18 pm

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 073 - The Monster of Peladon   073 - The Monster of Peladon EmptyThu May 02, 2013 4:43 pm

A rather pale retread of "The Curse of Peladon" sadly. And its two episodes longer.

The upside is having the Ice Warriors and Alpha Centauri back, but the Queen is kind of a wet noodle and Sarah has to keep reminding her that there is nothing "only" about being a woman.

Watch "Curse" again instead.

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 073 - The Monster of Peladon   073 - The Monster of Peladon EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 3:08 pm

This is basically a rehash of The Curse of Peladon for some reason. I'm not quite sure why they decided to do this. However, I personally really enjoyed it! It's another great political thriller with some great messages behind the story; unity, peace and equality.

I love the fact that the Queen, Ultron and the miners were at odds with each other until the Ice Warriors came along and threatened them, making them all unite in their common cause as Peladonians, despite their differences. That was enjoyable. Sort of like a dysfunctional family; you'll argue with your siblings and parents, but if someone steps against one of your family members you all unite together, no matter how much you annoy each other behind closed doors. I'm glad that Ultron redeemed himself, too.

The Ice Warriors were great in this. Much more menacing and ruthless than in 'Curse' where they were just bystanders. That's probably the main difference between this and 'Curse' actually. That and of course the presence of Sarah Jane this time, which is great. I love her strong will and feisty-ness!

Also, did you notice 'Burt' from The Green Death playing one of the miners? Razz

Really enjoyed this story! 4/5. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

073 - The Monster of Peladon
Page 1 of 1