Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Universal Monster blu ray set Oct 2nd Empty
PostSubject: Universal Monster blu ray set Oct 2nd   Universal Monster blu ray set Oct 2nd EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Universal Monster blu ray set Oct 2nd BluSet

Dracula (1931)
Drácula [Spanish-language version] (1931)
Frankenstein (1931)
The Mummy (1932)
The Invisible Man (1933)
Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
The Wolf Man (1941)
Phantom of the Opera (1943)
Creature from the Black Lagoon (3-D, 1954)

Supplements by disc:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Universal Monster blu ray set Oct 2nd   Universal Monster blu ray set Oct 2nd EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:52 pm

That's pretty cool - may pick that up. I'm hoping for a Hammer set similar to that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Universal Monster blu ray set Oct 2nd   Universal Monster blu ray set Oct 2nd EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:05 pm

The ? Doctor wrote:
That's pretty cool - may pick that up. I'm hoping for a Hammer set similar to that Very Happy

Unfortunately, Hammer has several US distributors for their films - mostly Warner Bros, Columbia, and (ironically) Universal, so a definitive set would be unlikely.

Even films in the same series, like the Frankenstein and Dracula cyles, have different distribution studios and home video deals.

Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Universal Monster blu ray set Oct 2nd   Universal Monster blu ray set Oct 2nd EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:09 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
The ? Doctor wrote:

Unfortunately, Hammer has several US distributors for their films - mostly Warner Bros, Columbia, and (ironically) Universal, so a definitive set would be unlikely.

Even films in the same series, like the Frankenstein and Dracula cyles, have different distribution studios and home video deals.

Yeah, I know - it's a pain to track certain titles down because the respective studios that release the various films discontinue them after awhile.

The Warner Bros. ones were easy to get - but some of the MGM released ones are tough to get due to being out of print. Not sure, but I think the Paramount released ones may be out of print as well...

But alas...one can always dream Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Universal Monster blu ray set Oct 2nd
Page 1 of 1