20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

062 - The Sea Devils Empty
PostSubject: 062 - The Sea Devils   062 - The Sea Devils EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:58 am

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 062 - The Sea Devils   062 - The Sea Devils EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:14 am

Another all time favorite!

A welcome return by the Master is outshone only by the introduction of the aquatic cousins of the Silurians - the Sea Devils, who like the Silurians have a very impressive costume and voice. They are a welcome addition to the classic Who "monsters" and are, to me, iconic right up there with the best of them.

A great cast, eerily different music, and a huge help from the Royal Navy make this a particularly memorable story. Essential Third Doctor.

(Love it so much, I made it my name!)

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 062 - The Sea Devils   062 - The Sea Devils EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Another good story with some awesomely memorable scenes! The Doctor and the Master's sword fight is golden. Seeing him go after the Master in that boat chase is also brilliant. The 3rd Doctor is really quite the alien James Bond, isn't he? He gets into fist fights, sword fights, boat chases, flies helicopters, gun battles, etc. He's pretty badass. Razz

This was a great sequel to 'The Silurians'. Again, I like how it plays on mankind's irrational and stupid fear of things that are different and how we just respond with violence to things we're scared of. This certainly feels like a realistic story.

I enjoyed this one. I don't think I like it as much as others do but it's a good one.

3/5.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

062 - The Sea Devils
Page 1 of 1