Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils

Go down 
5 posters

What did you think of Legend of the Sea Devils
Super!
Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils Vote_lcap0%Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Pretty Good
Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils Vote_lcap17%Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Average Who
Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils Vote_lcap0%Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Fair
Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils Vote_lcap67%Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils Vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Poor
Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils Vote_lcap16%Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils Vote_rcap
 16% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils Empty
PostSubject: Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils   Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 11:03 pm

What did everyone think of this one?
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2483
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils   Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 11:11 pm

This episode had everything necessary to be great, but somehow did not click with me.  The Sea Devils looked excellent, but beyond that it was all a bit of a load of wet fish.  The Sea Devils definitely seemed both way too powerful with their super crystal wiping out the Earth, yet also literal push-overs in a sword fight.  I'm not sure if I got to like any of the guest cast.

This Doctor needs to stop allowing innocents to rush in at the last minute to sacrifice their lives to save the Doctor.  And then this Doctor keeps on saying "well, okay, if you want to die instead of me then that sounds good" and skips out.

Also not sure how I feel about Dan cutting down Sea Devils with a sword.  Knocking a Sea Devil overboard with a block and tackle or something seems fine for a companion, but when a "nobody"  who used to hit Sontarans with a frying pan starts slaughtering bad guys two at a time it doesn't seem so heroic.  You're not supposed to join the Doctor to learn how to be the ultimate killing machine.

I had high hopes for this one, but the tone and the characters just did not do it for me.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1269
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils   Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 1:01 pm

💩

It lacked so much. Delivered nothing. Has Chibnall not gone yet? I like Jodie. Her scripts are awful. Truly awful.
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils   Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils EmptyWed Apr 20, 2022 6:34 pm

I actually gave this fair. I think this is the first one ever that wasn't horrible.
BUT, will RTD be able to save the show after it has sunk so low?
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils   Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 12:03 pm

This one was better than the others this year. The exception would the Angel interlude during Flux. We didn't learn anything new about the Sea Devils, so that was a null point. Usually I would be excited for a Doctors finale' but this one is just "get it over with already" for me.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils   Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 6:45 pm

All style...no substance.
Back to top Go down

Easter 2022 Special - Legend of the Sea Devils
Page 1 of 1