Evil Monkey Pope
mattmanw54301
The Castellan
Cruel Angel
Rust
12 posters

The Best Star Trek Uniform design
TOS
Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Vote_lcap8%Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
TMP
Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Vote_lcap15%Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
TWK-TUC
Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Vote_lcap38%Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
Next-Gen
Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Vote_lcap15%Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
DS9
Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Vote_lcap0%Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
TNG-Grey Shoulder style
 15% [ 2 ]
2009 Trek
Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Vote_lcap0%Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Enterprise
Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Vote_lcap8%Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Empty
PostSubject: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Found this in one of my boxes and it got me thinking, what is the best design for starfleet uniforms?

Your Favorite Star Trek costume design Img04910

Last edited by Whoosier Whovian on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:34 pm

Have to give it up for TWK-TUC uniforms. They just looked the most crisp and professional out of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:58 pm

That's my vote too Very Happy

Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:39 pm

Favorites: TOS and TNG

Dislike: TWK and JJ Trek
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:43 pm

I voted for the First Contact style unis. Much love for the TWOK-TUC uniforms though.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 12:48 am

I voted for TNG followed by 2009 then TOS. TMP is the worst.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 12:51 am

I did not mind TMP uniforms, they at least looked more scientific and less military.
Plus it was my fav Trek film of all of them.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:16 am

No option for Enterprise?! Very Happy

I went with TNG (I'm thinking Season 3-on). But after that it'd be TWoK and 2009.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:27 am

TWOK-TUC for me.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:35 am

jonwes wrote:

Ooooh. That would have made the choice a lot more difficult!

While Enterprise had it's problems, I really did like their uniforms.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:24 am

I voted TMP for Kirk's Admiral uniform and Spock's collar. McCoy looked cool too.

But the yellow uniforms were HIDEOUS. Evil or Very Mad

Which reminds me...there should have been a voting option for the zippers and man-skirts of the first two seasons of TNG. They did happen you know.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:08 am

jonwes wrote:

I went with TNG (I'm thinking Season 3-on). But after that it'd be TWoK and 2009.
Dammit!@ I knew I forgot something! Will see if I can change it. I had considered two options for TNG, but since the jumpsuits were still being used when only officers got the 'Picard maneuvar' tunics I decided that it was the design I was really going for.

I wasn't able to change it. If the mods would delete it I can redo it.
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 10:01 am

I like the uniforms from Voyager
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:25 am

An option for Enterprise added. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:28 am

Ted47 wrote:
I like the uniforms from Voyager

They are the same ones introduced on DS9, so I suppose that would be your voting option...
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:27 pm

I went with Enterprise because they look "real". They look comfortable and practical for working on a starship and a landing party. And they don't over do the color. I like the grey top Next Generation uniforms for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Well it has to be The Castellan's costume designs, Unbeatable! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Renewed
Renewed

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Found this in one of my boxes and it got me thinking, what is the best design for starfleet uniforms?

The Original Series. I like the way they're dead simple, and there's no sign of any additions for space travel. It makes being in space look effortless – no doubt because of transporters. The 2009 versions also did a good job of revamping them, and perhaps making them look tougher. I like the TNG uniforms for much the same reason, although I disliked the decision to split them into two sections, as Patrick Stewart was always having to pull his top back down to avoid it bunching up – this was frustrating to watch, even if it was in-character.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:00 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
An option for Enterprise added. Very Happy

Thanks for that Devil, and yes, the Voyager uniforms were from DS9 so that is why there was no option for it.

As a bit of trivia, the grey shouldered uniforms actually premiered on DS9 two weeks before they appeared in the Trek movie they were designed for.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:30 pm

I am glad they did not update Voyager with the new Movie/DS9 uniforms. But they had to go and change the phasers and tricorders!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:38 pm

For specifics, I also like the TNG dress whites from the films, and the Captain's jacket.

The TWOK field jacket was pretty cool too. More practical than always wearing the same duty uniform to any and all environments.

They even did that in The Cage with their wraparound jacket.

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:32 pm

And Enterprise had a jacket as well as a hot weather uniform.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:55 am

masterkhan wrote:
Well it has to be The Castellan's costume designs, Unbeatable! LOL!
Say what now?
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:56 am

Never liked TWoK ones, look too military and a bit uncomfortable, plus they look too much like dress uniforms.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Star Trek costume design   Your Favorite Star Trek costume design EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 5:59 am

Incidentally, that's why I love them.

They look professional and sharp - like a galactic peacekeeping/exploration force should if their Captains are routinely utilized to make First Contact situations.
Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Star Trek costume design
Page 1 of 1