Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

BBC Doctor Who site Empty
PostSubject: BBC Doctor Who site   BBC Doctor Who site EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 9:35 am

Does it seem to anyone else that there is an increase of restricted material for viewing outside the UK is increasing on BBC sites?

Some part of the latest update on the BBC Doctor Who site is restricted if outside the UK. This has also occurred with Sarah Jane and Torchwood.

I buy plenty of DW merchandise, so I figure I contribute.
Back to top Go down
magicman92

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: BBC Doctor Who site   BBC Doctor Who site EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 9:50 am

It is all to with Brits paying a TV license, so the BBC can only make some of its stuff unresticted to the world.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: BBC Doctor Who site   BBC Doctor Who site EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:58 pm

There are some things on the DW site that are restricted but very few such as the Comic Maker and the Attack of the Grask. I don't recall there being much else restricted. Torchwood, on the other hand, is completed out of bounds for anyone outside of the UK. I actually contacted the BBC and they said they had no plans in the foreseeable future to unrestrict the Torchwood site due to 'rights reasons.' It's nuts.

Last edited by on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: BBC Doctor Who site   BBC Doctor Who site EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 11:16 pm

As you said the Torchwood sight is completely useless.

I feel a bit jilted having spent entirely to much money on BBC merchandise.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: BBC Doctor Who site   BBC Doctor Who site EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 1:09 am

It is a slap in the face for any fan of Torchwood to make a site and limit it to a select few. When I wrote to the BBC, I even noted I'd be happy to pay a fee to see this stuff as well as the YouTube stuff but that isn't being considered either. This is now piracy begins when you lock out stuff like this - we have to rely on the 'goodness' of others because of 'rights issues.' I don't get why even wallpaper and pix can't view viewed either (though I have seen that stuff already elsewhere before it got blocked as well). Argh. Even with the BBC Shop, I believe, US residents cannot place orders there either (I think I tried once).
Back to top Go down

BBC Doctor Who site
Page 1 of 1