The Castellan
13 posters
AuthorMessage
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. Empty
PostSubject: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:28 am

Tom Baker, during the seventies thought of an idea of the Doctor accompanied by a a fat, elder lady would be interesting. I agree, I can picture someone like Judy Cornwell or Patricia Rutlidge, who was oginally suggested to play the villain in the Happy Patrol, do such a role.

I'd also like to see some more stories of the Doctor alone, like The Deadly Assassin.

I'd also like to see some more obscure areas of the Tardis, like the secondary control room.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:28 am

More Alien cultures. They seam to spend too much time on Earth or with human colonies.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:35 am

More classic aliens returning. Not just the 'famous' ones. Give us Draconians, Ogrons and Tractators! However, if that happens, don't do redesign them!

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:11 am

Aother vote for solo doctor episodes.

A return to serial cliffhangers. Its already more arc based since RTD. Do a 1 or 2 minute lead in into the next ep, then end it , like in the 60s era
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:20 am

The Castellan wrote:
Tom Baker, during the seventies thought of an idea of the Doctor accompanied by a a fat, elder lady would be interesting. I agree, I can picture someone like Judy Cornwell or Patricia Rutlidge, who was oginally suggested to play the villain in the Happy Patrol, do such a role.

Some of my favorite Big Finish audios were those with the Sixth Doctor and Evelyn Smythe. I really liked that dynamic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:34 am

I'd like an older actor playing the Doctor. Someone in their 40's or so. Maybe early 50's even.

The way they keep getting younger, the next one would otherwise likely be a "tween!"
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:08 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
I'd like an older actor playing the Doctor. Someone in their 40's or so. Maybe early 50's even.

The way they keep getting younger, the next one would otherwise likely be a "tween!"

Naw, he'll be sperm by that rate, or at least an infant.

Companion: Come on, let's get out of here, Doctor!
Doctor: Alright, but first can you kindly change my nappy, please? Embarassed

I also want to see less humans on the show, and less Earth stuff and more aliens.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:53 pm

I don't think we will see as much of an older doctor like we had in the classics from now on.

I think they threw open the door to Tardis hanky panky so far it shattered.

Now, too many Nu Who fans expect that the Doc should be a love interest for the companion...

"HE'S gonna be the new Doctor!?! Ewwwwwwwww....."

Back to top Go down
jdwpin
jdwpin

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:56 pm

I would also love an older doctor again and to see fewer humans and more aliens.

In addition, I want less romance and fewer "but I have a life outside the Tardis" characters. I would be happy with an old-style companion who leaves their life behind to travel on the Tardis and we never see anything of their family or friends.

I've always thought it could make for some interesting adventures if the Doctor's companion were non-humanoid. Why wouldn't he have a Draconian companion for a while?
Back to top Go down
jdwpin
jdwpin

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Cruel Angel wrote:
Now, too many Nu Who fans expect that the Doc should be a love interest for the companion...

I find this to be an almost disturbing trend with the new show. When I think "Dr. Who", my first mental images are Pertwee and Troughton. The thought of either of those doctors womanizing with baby (relative to him) humans is just so wrong.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 pm

They really should bring in an alien companion. Better if there was some physical differences, but at this point I'd take a human looking alien too.

And how about giving the Doc an ego check, or at least some competition? Bring in a brainiac companion that knows as much or more than he does.

2nd and Zoe
3rd and Liz
4th and Romana
5th and Nyssa

Those were the days...

Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:28 pm

I'd like a Korton like character, he was interesting.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 pm

Hugh Bonneville was my choice for the 11th Doctor.

I would like to see a purely historical story at least once.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:49 pm

I'd like to see an episode inspired by Picnic at Hanging Rock, which features paranormal vanishing as a major plot device.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:33 am

A Doctor who commands respect and isn't called an idiot or a moron by his companions every episode.

Companions who show fear and don't roll their eyes and just say "whatever, The Doctor will save me" when captured by baddies.

A TARDIS interior that looks like a hi-tech piece of advanced equipment and not a circus ride.

The return of ruling pacifist Time Lord society that handles the "big problems" so the Doctor can go back to just wandering and staying inconspicuous.

A return to some enemies being "too big" for the Doctor to completely annihilate so he has to settle for simply throwing a monkey wrench in their plans.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:14 am

I'd like John D'Lance or Arnold Vosloo to be the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:20 am

rdks wrote:
A Doctor who commands respect and isn't called an idiot or a moron by his companions every episode.

Companions who show fear and don't roll their eyes and just say "whatever, The Doctor will save me" when captured by baddies.

A TARDIS interior that looks like a hi-tech piece of advanced equipment and not a circus ride.

The return of ruling pacifist Time Lord society that handles the "big problems" so the Doctor can go back to just wandering and staying inconspicuous.

A return to some enemies being "too big" for the Doctor to completely annihilate so he has to settle for simply throwing a monkey wrench in their plans.

Yeah, what rdks said! cheers
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:13 pm

^I also concur with rdks' list, but I like these thoughts as well:

The Castellan wrote:
I'd also like to see some more stories of the Doctor alone, like The Deadly Assassin.

I'd also like to see some more obscure areas of the Tardis, like the secondary control room.
Back to top Go down
jdwpin
jdwpin

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:21 pm

guvnagrover wrote:
rdks wrote:

Yeah, what rdks said! cheers

Double yes to rdks! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:37 pm

What I really want is for a companion to turn out to be a season's main villain. Maybe have them introduced at the start, hint at there being one main villain in the series' story arc, and reveal that it's the companion, halfway or so, to the audience. It's just the kind of different dynamic I'd like to see.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:56 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
What I really want is for a companion to turn out to be a season's main villain. Maybe have them introduced at the start, hint at there being one main villain in the series' story arc, and reveal that it's the companion, halfway or so, to the audience. It's just the kind of different dynamic I'd like to see.

This would be great. I'd also like to see them do a Valeyard arc with the Doc going evil too.

I can't see them having the guts to do either though. It's way too much a kiddie show now. the BBC would be inundated with letters from traumatized kids, complaining about how their favorite companion, much less their hero, turned bad.

Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:02 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
kcooper76 wrote:

This would be great. I'd also like to see them do a Valeyard arc with the Doc going evil too.

I can't see them having the guts to do either though. It's way too much a kiddie show now. the BBC would be inundated with letters from traumatized kids, complaining about how their favorite companion, much less their hero, turned bad.

you got too much Mary Whitehouse syndome going there. I think it deeps get more intense. I mean I just swited to watching WWe for the first time ages, and now they got some sorta John Cena Scooby Doo thing......plus Doctor Who was anything but a kiddie show in the late 70's and and 80's. We need to stop just catering to teeny boopers and make Doctor Who scary again. Planet of Evil, Pyramids of Mars, Brain of Morbius, Robots of Death, etc.....I'd like to see something not so santized, sterilized, pasturized or homogenized when it comes to Who.
Back to top Go down
stetsons_are_cool7
stetsons_are_cool7

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:06 pm

The show could do with less sexual innuendo and have companions who not only don't have a crush on the Doctor, but have intelligent jobs. What happened to all the companions who were scientists and reporters? Even Peri was a botanist.

It wouldn't hurt to have a couple writers with an actual background in science fiction either. So, we have less "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" and something more cerebral.

I agree that the TARDIS interior should look more technological. They did a great job updating the interior in the tv movie, but since then, I'm not been thrilled with the overall look in the new series.
Back to top Go down
http://creativecritic.blogspot.com/
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.   IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:07 pm

rdks wrote:

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Back to top Go down

IDeas you'd likes to see in Doctor Who.
Page 1 of 1