18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 10:39 pm

David Tennant has been cast as the villain Kilgrave for Netflix's Jessica Jones series. I'm boycotting this if they don't paint him purple.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:41 am

Saw 'Age of Ultron' last Friday. Unsurprisingly, it was great!! Left me and my friends pumped and talking about it for hours after. Once again, seeing these characters bounce off each other and continue to develop is an awesome privilege. I especially enjoyed Hulk and Hawkeye in this film. Ultron really is a cool and memorable villain, too, and makes every villain of Phase 2 pale in comparison, of course with the exceptions of Loki and HYDRA. bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 2:24 am

Now you can hear my nitpicks instead of reading them! https://soundcloud.com/wagesofcinema/avengers-ultron?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 9:39 am

I really enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun. I loved how it ties together so many story lines in the movies, with the Infinity Stones and sets things up nicely for the future, and the big final 2-part Avengers movies.

I enjoyed how Hawkeye was made so important to the story, and the Hulk story line, why he is always a sad character, this made you feel even sadder for poor Bruce Banner. The "revels'' party was fun! And poor Cap, he says one dumb thing and pays for the entire movie!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 10:37 am

Was curious, where would you all rank Age of Ultron in relation to the other MCU films?

After I saw it, a friend of mine asked if I liked it. I said yes it was good, but then he asked- Was it better than Guardians? Thought about it for a moment and I said No. So I started to go down my list of favorites, and found that it didn't crack my top 5.

My 5 (in no particular order): Guardians, Winter Soldier, Thor, Iron Man, Avengers

I'll be seeing it again this afternoon, will probably be able to evaluate better not being as immersed in watching everything going on for the first time.

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2015 8:38 pm

Actually, that would be my exact top five as well. But, still, there have been a lot of great movies in this series, so this is like trying to rate my favorite Doctor when I like them all!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:56 pm

I liked AOU better the second time, interestingly enough. I thought it was fun, although I think it was a bit more slight than the first one character-wise. But the second time I watched it I appreciated the character stuff more. I thought the humor was a bit more flat this time and didn't land as much as the first one did.

My rankings of MCU:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Iron Man
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
4. Avengers
5. Iron Man 3
6. Captain America: The First Avenger
7. Thor
8. Avengers Age of Ultron
9. Thor: The Dark World
10. Iron Man 2
11. The Incredible Hulk (if you count it)

That may seem somewhat damning to AOU, but actually I enjoy the heck out of ALL these movies. LOL. So even last on the list (IM2) is still a great movie in my book.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 10:16 pm

Yeah, none of these films are in the slightest way bad. Ranking them is difficult, but after some thought I'd say my list would be:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Avengers
3. Iron Man
4. Iron Man 3
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron
6. Guardians of the Galaxy
7. Thor
8. Captain America: The First Avenger
9. Iron Man 2
10. Thor: The Dark World
11. The Incredible Hulk (mostly because I can't remember anything except the climax of the film, I really need to see it again to judge properly)

I'm going to see Age of Ultron again tomorrow, so I'm glad to hear that it's better the second time! After reading and listening to discussions from fans about the film it seems I missed a few details, or didn't pay as much attention as I should have to some that I just gleamed over in the hype, as is commonplace for films like this that excite so much! Also I'm looking forward to seeing the end credits scene again; I can't actually remember what you know who said... I fist pumped the air with excitement, but I think I may have just been more excited to see him and the you know what than actually listening to him... Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:20 am

Saw AOU a third time! Still loved it. And Civil War looks to be shaping up as almost Avengers 3!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 10:18 am

ABC announced their renewals for the fall season. Agents of SHIELD was renewed, no surprise there...

... but also renewed: Agent Carter cheers

Makes me so happy. I was worried because period shows don't tend to do well, the ratings weren't very big, and Marvel didn't need it as a tie in to the films like SHIELD is... and there was talk of them doing another spin off from SHIELD...

But ABC came through. Nice to see one of my shows with a lot going against it actually get renewed for once.

Agent Carter lives! bounce

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 10:51 am

It would be tough for me to rank individual films... I think of the MCU in tiers..

Top Tier: Iron Man, Thor, Avengers, Winter Soldier, Guardians

Middle Tier: Iron Man 2, Hulk, Iron Man 3, Age of Ultron

Bottom Tier: First Avenger, Dark World

I love everything in the top and middle tiers, just that the top tier I feel is a cut above the others.

As mentioned above, I love period shows. I was happy when they said First Avenger was going to be set in WW2. However... the film just didn't click with me. I didn't understand why it was getting far more love by fans and critics than Thor, which was far and away a better film in my eyes.

I really didn't start seeing and feeling Evans as Cap until Avengers.

Dark World... ick. I was not pleased when they said that they got rid of the planned director, nor that they were getting someone else to do the film score. Thor was one of the rare films in the modern era that actually made me want to get the soundtrack. Was not thrilled with Dark World at all.

Not having Edgar Wright with Ant Man is giving me the same trepidations. Will have to see how that film turns out too.

Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:30 pm

So glad Agent Carter is back! AOS seemed like a shoe-in, and I'm happy about that too.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:53 am

I just hope AOC sticks to the continuity of the one shot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Yeah I really want them to address how she co-founded SHIELD & add more comics characters like Jimmy Woo.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 5:58 am

The MCU films in top viewing order... that's tough...

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Avengers
3. Iron Man 2
4. Captain America: Winter Soldier
6. Iron Man
7. Captain America
8. Thor
9. The Incredible Hulk
10. Iron Man 3
11. Thor: The Dark World

I'm very happy with the renewal announcements, and still need to watch Daredevil actually.

Last edited by CGren123 on Mon May 11, 2015 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 12:33 pm

CGren123 wrote:

4. Captain America: Civil War

I'm also trying to keep positive about Civil War and hope it lands in my own Top 5. Is Spiderman going to be introduced in Civil War?bounce
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 5:51 pm

squishy wrote:
CGren123 wrote:

4. Captain America: Civil War

I'm also trying to keep positive about Civil War and hope it lands in my own Top 5.   Is Spiderman going to be introduced in Civil War?bounce

Balls, that should be Winter Soldier... you can tell I'm ridiculously tired at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 7:29 pm

squishy wrote:

I'm also trying to keep positive about Civil War and hope it lands in my own Top 5.   Is Spiderman going to be introduced in Civil War?bounce

Yes, Civil War will be MCU Spidey's first appearance, but because the deal with Sony came so late in the game with the script already locked in, Peter is not going to play a big part in the film from what I have read.

Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 6:53 pm

Ant-Man will probably take on Spider-Man's role for the movie.
Speaking of which, Ant-Man needs to be 600% more Evangeline Lilly with powers flying around in a stylish Wasp costume.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 7:37 pm

https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2015/05/21/ugh-stop-trying-to-make-jemmacide-happen/
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 7:21 pm

Agent Carter season 1 coming to home video... tentative date Sept 18.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 9:53 pm

Marvel love from the Space City Con today

cheers

Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 Dottie%208_zpshsyvaqev
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 5:00 pm

Now that the Deadpool trailer is officially online, there’s no incentive to watch the gritty Fantastic Four movie in theatres. https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2015/08/05/is-jemmacide-a-thing-now/
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 8:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Movie/ TV Thread   Marvel Movie/ TV Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Back to top Go down

Marvel Movie/ TV Thread
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next