gregtdj
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
forbidden_moose

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 8:08 am

There are these weird little guys called the abisode, there the liveng fat tissue monsters, they are from inside diet pills made by Miss Foster's company apisode industries wich Donna is thought to work for. Once you take the pill, they grow inside your body. The episode lengths have changed to 50 minutes long and the dalek ridden finale will be 60 minutes long Take that CBC adverts! cheers
Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 270308Who1Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 270308Who2
Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 270308Who6Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 270308Who5
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 11:38 am

Wow, cool creatures! I'm looking forward to this episode, the Pompeii one doesn't sound that interesting. Yay, more Doctor Who time!
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 1:30 pm

Here are the titles for all of the episodes of Series 4:

Episode 1 - Partners in Crime
Episode 2 - Fires of Pompeii
Episode 3 - Planet of the Ood
Episode 4/Episode 5 - The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky
Episode 6 - The Doctor's Daughter
Episode 7 - The Unicorn and the Wasp
Episode 8/Episode 9 - Silence in the Library/Rivers Run
Episode 10 - Midnight
Episode 11 - Turn Left
Episode 12 - TBA (RTD said it will give too much away!)
Episode 13 - Journey's End

Sounds an exciting series! I got these off a blog (which I have posted on this topic already, you can find the link on page 3!), but you can find them in Radio Times, which has done a massive Doctor Who article on series 4, if you don't want to buy it, go onto the blog, its called Planet Gallifrey, I think the copy of the Radio Times will have more info, the blog is just taking bits of the article. Also on the blog it has videos and pictures of the cast and crew filming series 4.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 10:15 pm

It is always so fun to imagine and/or interpret the titles. I have such a strong feeling they are going to do something with the Doctor's hand this year. Maybe they are going to clone the Doc...so he can split in three and be with Rose, Martha and ha Jack (cue the sunset and corny love song).

The Doctor's Daughter has long been a rumour so that episode intrigues me and the one I am looking forward to is the Moffat 2fer. That was a bad run on sentance ...oh well. Just to be speculative... could they really find a way to expand the Doctor's
regeneration? Could they explain Susan? Could the Bannerman return? Read the Sun to find out the "reliable" rumours first!
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:30 am

Well, his daughter is created because someone messes with his DNA, and it creates Jenny, who is the Doctor's Daughter. Apparently, there is something to do with the Doctor's hand, every time something big happens it vibrates or something like that. But apparently there will be no word-arc storyline, like series 1 - Bad Wolf, series 2 - Torchwood, series 3 - Saxon, but something from every episode will contribute to the finale.
Back to top Go down
ozjenny

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 11:21 am

I feel a bit anxious about a finale called "Journey's End". Oh well, I guess it's better to just enjoy the series, rather than worry about the ending!
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:10 pm

"Journey's End" sounds a little TOO foreboding. I doubt RTD would have announced the title (or even named it that) if there was going to be a regeneration. Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself. My guess is that the Doctor almost dies and a huge cliffhanger leads into the season 5 movies.
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 8:01 pm

I think at this point we should be thankful for what we have received thus far. 4 brilliant NEW seasons of a much beloved character. There is no arguement that David and Christopher rank amongst some of the most popular Doctors in the history of the show. Television is a competitive market for ANY show: ratings, directors, actors all play against/for each other in making shows a success. We have also had 2 great spin-offs too!

As for us the viewer it is important that we continue to support the show wherever it may take us. If the inevitable should come to pass and a regeneration should take place at some point in the near-ish future. Whomever the new Doc may be we should all give him/her a shot. Can you imagine stepping into a role with that much baggage behind it?

-This concludes the public service announcement.

happy viewing all!
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 10:08 am

Yeah, what LakeErieMonster said, anyway, the BBC Doctor Who site has been updated, brand new design, very cool! Personally, I like it, it will take a while to find out where everything is though!
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 3:59 am

Only a few more hours until Doctor Who (For us in the UK, anyway!) I'm gonna be glued to the TV.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 6:13 am

Apparently, Episode 9, Steven Moffat's episode has changed its title, instead of 'Rivers Run', it is now 'Forest of the Dead', I found this info on a website which is very reliable.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 2:19 pm

Episode 1, Partners in Crime, has just finished!! Great episode to begin the series! Very funny! I won't tell anyone what happened. I am watching Dr Who Confidential at the moment. But, I will say something, their was a familiar face near the end. That is all I will say.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 2:41 pm

Also just finished watching Ep. 1 and it was a good start to the series. Donna at least isn't googly-eyed for the Doctor which for me is a welcome change in itself. As DoctorOlly indicated, there is a familiar face that shows up.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 6:11 pm

Patients are for doctors which is probably why I have none, and why I could hardly wait for the chance to see the series 4 premier. Just watched Partners in Crime - ****and 1/2. Liked it overall but was not as impressed with the "familiar face" appearance. Full opinion and face name below.

Spoiler:

The "familiar face" is probably one of those little bits added to each episode to tie together the finale that someone else mentioned. Really would have preferred a Bad Wolf/Torchwood/Saxon tie together if this is the kind of "bits" we will be seeing. Especially since it was the first ep and I'm looking past all others to the end as my mind begins to wonder how something will tie in, instead of just enjoying each ep and noticing the tie in along the way. I really hope the other "bits" aren't as obtrusive.

Last edited by gregtdj on Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Nvr by a kybrd frm a ferengi #@*(!!)
Back to top Go down
ozjenny

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 9:35 pm

I shrieked at the familiar face! I knew it would appear eventually, just wasn't expecting it in the opening episode.
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 12:05 am

Last edited by CJSchmidt on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 4:51 am

ozjenny wrote:
I shrieked at the familiar face! I knew it would appear eventually, just wasn't expecting it in the opening episode.

Same here, apart from the shriek, it was totally unpredicted!
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 10:15 am

New info concerning the finale:
Spoiler:

Last edited by CJSchmidt on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added spoiler tag - CJ)
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 2:01 pm

Already filming the Christmas special. Found this at Who News..

David Morrissey has been reunited with his Blackpool co-star David Tennant for this year's Doctor Who Christmas special.

According to a report by the Press Association, the pair appeared on set yesterday in the grounds of Gloucester Cathedral.

Further details are given in the spoiler box - which may contain information you do not want to know.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptyFri May 02, 2008 3:11 am

The Cybermen aren't the DEADLIEST enemies, the Daleks are, but as we saw at the end of Rise of Cybermen, they're destructive, LOL! Anyway, I think I found out the 'There's something on your back!' from Fires of Pompeii. Apparently, Donna is running down a street with wires on her back (NOT SURE ABOUT: She gets hit by a car) apparently the wires look like a teleportation device.
Back to top Go down
taliesyn30
taliesyn30

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Review of "The Poison Sky"   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySun May 04, 2008 7:22 am

I guess this is where I should put my reviews! Sorry if I have been posting them to the wrong place -- unintentional!

http://www.telewatcher.com/Science-Fiction/Doctor-Who/The-Poison-Sky-Doctor-Who-Series-Four-Episode-Five.118924/1

Tal x
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySun May 04, 2008 3:21 pm

I have made a poster for the finale of series 4, Journey's End:

Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 Journe10
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 5:43 am

I have also done a video on YouTube on theories of the finale, I used clues throughout series 4:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CfJCbSJwKys
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 6:25 am

when's dr.who back on in the u.s?i know we're on episode 6 in the u.k.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat May 17, 2008 4:32 am

Agatha Christie tonight! But unfortunately Doctor Who will be postponed for a week due to Eurovision Sad. We will have to wait 2 weeks before seeing the first part of Moffat's 2-parter, but on a lighter note, we will be getting a new trailer at the end of TUATW. The first part of Moffat's two parter, Silence in the Library, will air on May 31st, 3 days before my birthday, too bad its not on my birthday...
Back to top Go down

Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next