18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 10:04 am

Quote :

The way the TV format in the UK is differant then it is in the US. The DPI and all that, it takes some time to convert hence the delay.

Not entirely. Episodes are usually posted on newsgroups shortly after airing on BBC. Conversion from PAL to NTSC can be done in a matter of minutes or hours depending on equipment used.

The delay stems from broadcast and digital media rights. Same reason some movies can pull off a world premier vs movies that open a few countires at a time. They have to get the rights settled before it can air anywhere other than it's country of origin where the rights are already established.

edited due to double post of post post.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 9:28 am

Does anyone know when Series 4 is starting? I think it will be March but I read in the Daily Mirror that its starting in April
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 10:44 am

in between march and april i've heard
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Back from another sojourn in Alabama, and on the hunt for news bits to share, I have a humble request to pass along. There may or may not be series 4 related news in the article, but if anyone can get the interview RTD gave to SFX in the just released issue, I'd like to know what was in it. Supposedly he covers the real reason for Rose's return in it. Now I've seen elsewhere that the 4 eps after season 4 will deal with Rose's alternate timeline, which I guess magically reopens. I'm hoping the interview clears this up. At any rate if there's any of our members across the pond who get or read SFX, please pass on the details.

As to the premier, I've seen april 5th, and elsewhere march 22nd.

Editing to add this bit from the BBC site. Some of us have seen the blurried cam version of the cinema trailer, but the actual will be up for closer scrutiny this weekend.

Get ready - it's on its way!
Quote :

After an exclusive cinema-only run, we're delighted to announce that the new Doctor Who Series Four trailer will make its official TV and web debut on Saturday 22 March 2008.

Tune in to BBC One or visit us here on the official website at around 7pm to see some spectacular action from the forthcoming series starring David Tennant and Catherine Tate.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Alright kids, the BBC have an official release stating April 5th and it's also mentioned on Tennant's site.
Doctor Who Returns On 5th April
Quote :

Doctor Who will be returning to our screens on Saturday 5th April 2008. In the Time Lord's fourth series since he returned in 2005, The Doctor, played by David Tennant, teams up again with Donna, played by Catherine Tate. The pair first met in the 2006 Christmas special, The Runaway Bride.

Last year head writer Russell T Davies told CBBC Newsround that the first episode features: "the most unusual monsters we've ever created". "It's the sort of creature we've never tried before," he added. The first episode is called Partners in Crime. The series will also give us a chance to find out more about the Ood - last seen in the episodes The Impossible Planet and The Satan Pit.

But the most frightening story looks likely to be a double episode written by Steven Moffat, the man behind the scary statues in Blink. CBBC Series Totally Dr Who won't be back this year, but there willl be some old friends returning to The Tardis. Martha, (Freema Agyeman) who left The Doctor last summer, will be returning. As will Rose (Billie Piper), who was stranded in another universe at the end of the second series.

And the trailer is now on the BBC Who site. Link below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/index.shtml
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 8:31 am

Apparently, the BBC have announced that Doctor Who will start on Saturday 5th April[/strike]
Hadn't realised you had posted a comment on this already

Last edited by DoctorOlly on Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 8:37 am

Here is a reliable blog that has information on all things Doctor Who, Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures:

http://tardis-and-torchwood-treasures.blogspot.com/

Also, here is a web page with pictures and videos of filming if you want to see some spoilers:

http://www.planetgallifrey.blogspot.com/

Hopefully this will interest you.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 8:41 am

Just found another page with more pics:

http://community.livejournal.com/barrowmanfans/461451.html?#cutid1
Back to top Go down
forbidden_moose

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 9:03 am

Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 DSCF4284a
sorry,if I'm a bit out of the loop on this topic.
These images come from doctorwhomania.blogspot.com, it's a great site, badwolfpr is also a good blog. Here is what I gather from the images, there is a scene in a cemetary, there are strange blond people with strange hair styles, ther is a (are) dalek(s), in one scene Wilf hides from a( ) daleks(s), there are a lot of scenes on streets, rose gets a big gun like the preachers guns, and some one called "little red riding hood" faces the doctor!
Back to top Go down
forbidden_moose

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 9:04 am

search doctor who filming on you tube!
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 11:56 am

Hey look, a GREY Dalek!

Somewhere in Britain the president of CO is dusting off the Dalek mold and laughing maniacally.

Who am I kidding... I'll buy one. It actually looks kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Huge spoiler alert...do not read unless you are naughty like me. I have seen a few more spoiler picts that show the daleks, cap't jack and rose meeting the doctor...on outpost g. Way too many photo leaks maybe I'll be good and stop looking. It would be a hoot if they staged a fake filming but it is just too hard for dw to avoid the snoops. I really should not look...really...but I just can't help myself...shame. Also on the bbc site they just released the theatrical trailer and three short teasers of an ood, sontaran and big surprise a dalek.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 2:13 pm

CONFIRMED!!!!!
BBC have confirmed the time and date of the new series of Doctor Who. Everyone empty their diaries because on Saturday 5th April at 6:20 P.M, Doctor Who will be airing, so who will be rushing to get the popcorn ready - I know I will! Hopefully the first episode, Partners In Crime, will be fantastic and will start us off for a brilliant series!

Here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2008/03/26/53840.shtml
Back to top Go down
forbidden_moose

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 7:23 am

This might sound stupid but I can't see the grey dalek.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 7:33 am

DoctorOlly wrote:

Here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2008/03/26/53840.shtml

And for those who may be work bound or otherwise unable to follow the good Doc Olly's link...

Quote :
Series Four premiere details confirmed.

We're delighted to officially announce that Series Four of Doctor Who will commence with Partners In Crime at 6.20pm on Saturday 05 April 2008, BBC One.

Tell all your friends, cancel any prior engagements and settle down for what promises to be the most spectacular series of Doctor Who yet!

As always, Doctor Who Confidential will be going behind-the-scenes with the cast and crew, starting at 7.05pm on BBC Three.

As always, we'll be supporting the show with extensive online coverage, both in the run up to and immediately after each episode.

Has anyone heard if the production stills being flashed around in the previous links have anything to do with series 4 finale(s) or if they are part of filming for the specials set to air between series 4 and 5? Somewhere in the vast wasteland of who conjecture I came across the ramblings of one who stated that those specials would actually be dealing with the reality Rose is in and not so much about the good Doctor. I of course am still pulling for the time war, but after stumbling across a posting that reports a scene that was supposedly filmed, I'm doubtful that will be the case. One last tidbit, since I don't usually go in for overly wild speculation, the scene in question was a big NO WAY scene. So even though the word spolier is in the title for this thread, I am going to remind you this could be a spoiler.....

Spoiler:

Last edited by CJSchmidt on Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added spoiler code. -CJ)
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 10:39 am

forbidden_moose: Maybe it's just a gold dalek in bad lighting. The picture you posted looked sort of steel grey to me.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 10:56 am

Here are some rumours, that may possibly be true:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
neonlogo
neonlogo

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 2:55 pm

Here is something I think we all can relate to:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/grubgun
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 4:39 pm

neonlogo wrote:
Here is something I think we all can relate to:

Spoiler:

Yeah, sometimes, unless they are good made-up crap (changed it so no kids get the wrong idea and start swearing.) LOL Laughing

Last edited by DoctorOlly on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 3:06 pm

Here's a spoiler for the first episode of Series 4, Partners in Crime. And, my Gran was driving down Clinton Road/Robin's Wood Close in Penarth and she was stopped by police, after a while she shouted, "How much longer do we have to wait?!" and one of the policemen said, "Shhh! They're filming", so I take it that they were filming Sarah Jane Adventures series 2 because Sarah's house is on the top of that road, so I might pop up to Cardiff to see what's going on!

Spoiler:

Apparently, has/will be shown on the Friday Night Show, it is being hosted by David Tennant, it is gonna be shown to promote Series 4.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 4:42 pm

I just saw a brand new trailer for Doctor Who series 4 trailer, it had clips of Donna, the Doctor, Ood, Sontarans and Daleks. Looks fantastic (As the 9th Doctor would they say!) You can find the trailer on the BBC's Doctor Who website.
Back to top Go down
forbidden_moose

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 4:50 pm

Where, did you see the trailer?, sounds neat.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 10:04 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

It's on the main page. Just click on the site when it opens.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 7:10 am

If you go onto YouTube and search: 'Doctor Who: Partners in Crime Clip' you will find a clip of Doctor Who which was shown on the Friday Night Project, hosted by David Tennant
Back to top Go down
forbidden_moose

PostSubject: Re: Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS   Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 8:02 am

Best trailer yet cheers
Can't wait
Back to top Go down

Series 4 Discussion - SPOILERS
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next