18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:12 am

Now this is awesome!! William Russell will be in the special!

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/02/aaisat-090213000208.html

No idea who Harry is, but this is cool!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:18 am

Jamie Glover is to play the role of William Russell:
Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Russell_zps2d92957c

And Jemma Powell is to play Jacqueline Hill:
Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Hill_zps3717937d

So,it looks like the cast is complete:
William Hartnell--David Bradley
Verity Lambert--Jessica Raine
Sydney Newman--Brian Cox
Waris Hussein--Sacha Dhawan
William Russell--Jamie Glover
Jacqueline Hill--Jemma Powell
Carole Ann Ford--Claudia Grant
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:23 pm

A shot from the filming of the special recreating the filming if Invasion of the Daleks.
Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Invasionofthedaleks_zpsc4703db2

And apparently, the special goes to the first regeneration since Patrick has been cast:

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/02/aaisat-180213110008.html

Reeson Shearsmith
Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Patrick_zpsb467c47e
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:01 pm

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 427180_551536048212636_682123023_n

Oh wow!!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:52 pm

This is so awesome! Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 11:54 pm

When is this supposed to air?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:23 am

They need to use that set in the regular show for something!!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 am

That set pic is just amazing!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:45 am

jonwes wrote:
That set pic is just amazing!

I agree

HAHA This documentary looks more interesting and more enjoyable than anything we have heard about the proper TV 50th special hahaha
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:50 am

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:25 am

All this casting and set building for one special?

Seriously, if half this stuff doesn't turn up in the 50th Anniversary, I will be extremely disappointed. (Yes, I know technically it is part of the 50th Anniversary, but you know what I mean!)

I mean seriously. You recast the first and second Doctors (Brilliantly, I might add)....use them! USSSSSSSSSSSE THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM!
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:25 am

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 OjSVpH9_zps169fbfe7

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Pdgy9tu_zps598f5a79
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:18 am

They have really used a time machine and gone back 50 years. The detail is amazing, and not just on the sets. The studio equipment looks amazing too!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:36 pm

I'm so excited! I know we probably won't spend a TON of time on that set... but man it just makes me want them to do new stories with that crew. LOL.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:38 pm

I'm very keen on this special and pleased of the treats that it will feature.
The photos look very authentic from what we'd see in colour but why have they made the Daleks look fan made. Maybe i'm being fussy but i've seen better prop builds, i suppose time in this category was tight or it's artistic licence.
The Police Box looks excellent in this colour but i wouldn't have weathered it. In this colour it should have all the handles and the paint work in gloss effect. It looked like this in the scenes where it arrives and leaves the caveman dessert.
But i'm gonna love watching this. It'll be cool if they give a contract to produce some lost stories with this cast.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:55 pm

masterkhan wrote:
I'm very keen on this special and pleased of the treats that it will feature.
The photos look very authentic from what we'd see in colour but why have they made the Daleks look fan made. Maybe i'm being fussy but i've seen better prop builds, i suppose time in this category was tight or it's artistic licence.
The Police Box looks excellent in this colour but i wouldn't have weathered it. In this colour it should have all the handles and the paint work in gloss effect. It looked like this in the scenes where it arrives and leaves the caveman dessert.
But i'm gonna love watching this. It'll be cool if they give a contract to produce some lost stories with this cast.

The wonders of TV.... dont forget back in the early days of Dr. Who many of the props and sets were crap when looking at photos or the details.... then when they were recorded with the magic of TV it all looks fine. You would be amazed at how things look in real life and then how good they look on TV lol

BTW I dont think the Daleks look that bad lol

The TARDIS looks wonderful as well... so do the sets... This is so exciting!!!
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:02 pm

I am almost more excited about this than I am the proper anniversary special. lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 pm

pixletwin wrote:
I am almost more excited about this than I am the proper anniversary special. lol

Me also!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:05 pm

davro wrote:
pixletwin wrote:

Me also!

Same here, and with William Russel in it, it will be even more special!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Compare_zpscf106001
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:44 pm

I hope these events give an interest to C/Options to release a 'Unearthly Child' Tardis Console, but they must take research on the original show rather than this striking special. The fenders at the edge look a bit tall there and i've seen many replicas make the same mistake.
" Keep It Real ", lol.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:14 am

Some tweeted photos!

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Time_a10

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Time_a11

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Time_a12
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:20 am

Any word yet on when we'll see this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:26 am

Calixar wrote:
Any word yet on when we'll see this?

"Programme scheduled to air on BBC Two in 2013"

I'm guessing the night of the anniversary, November 2013
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:25 pm

The BBC has released the first official shot of David Bradley playing William Hartnell in the First Doctor’s costume. The photograph (above) also features the exterior of the TARDIS as it will appear in An Adventure in Space and Time, the BBC drama exploring the origins of Doctor Who.

Mark Gatiss, writer and one of the drama’s executive producers, said, ‘David Bradley brings every ounce of his talent, humour and presence to the role of William Hartnell. It’s a wonderfully touching and subtle performance and I’m immensely proud of both him and the film.’

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Offici10

Doctor Who fans will remember David Bradley as the villainous Solomon in Dinosaurs on a Spaceship and Jessica Raine, who plays Verity Lambert (the show’s first producer), recently appeared in Hide. The cast also includes Brian Cox as BBC exec Sydney Newman, Sacha Dhawan as director Waris Hussein, Jamie Glover as William Russell (who played Ian), Jemma Powell as Jacqueline Hill (who played Barbara) and Claudia Grant as Carole Ann Ford (who played the Doctor’s granddaughter, Susan). Reece Shearsmith is also on board as Patrick Troughton (the Second Doctor) and Mark Eden, who appeared as Marco Polo back in 1964, returns to the world of Doctor Who playing Donald Baverstock.

An Adventure in Space and Time will premiere on BBC Two later this year
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next