18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:16 am

A drama about the creation of Doctor Who......wow!

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2012/08/dwn090812113008-adventure-in-space-and.html
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:59 am

Looks awesome! I hope there's gonna be more documentaries and dramas about Doctor Who like this!
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:37 am

Can't wait to see who they cast in certain roles for this!

Blogtor Who had some interesting thoughts:

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2012/08/who-should-star-in-adventure-in-time.html
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 5:49 pm

Interesting choices. They need to remember they are not recasting the roles. They are casting for real people.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 5:55 pm

I think this is great, for the newer fans, to see how it all began. The struggles to produce the show and how it was done on such a small budget!
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Interesting choices. They need to remember they are not recasting the roles. They are casting for real people.

Exactly. Should be interesting for whomever signs on for this, since they will be portraying not only the actual actors/actresses, but also that particular person playing their respective WHO roles (however brief the WHO scenes will be).

Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I think this is great, for the newer fans, to see how it all began.
My daughter became a huge Who fan with the New Series. She doesn't enjoy any Classic episodes (despite my best attempts) but seemed quite interested in this when I mentioned it.

Hopefully it sparks some interest in fans like that to try some older episodes. They've no idea what they're missing!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Doctor Who biopic!   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:46 pm

The cast currently consists of David Bradley (William Hartnell), Jessica Raine (Verity Lambert), Brian Cox (Sydney Newman) and Sacha Dhawan (Waris Hussein).

More details: http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2013/01/bbc-america-to-premiere-adventure-in-space-and-time-for-doctor-who-50th/
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:12 am

Interesting casting news! Funny that the villain in Dinosaurs on a spaceship is now the First Doctor!
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:27 am

Oddly enough, I'm okay with Solomon being the First Doctor.

Now get him in the 50th Anniversary as the First Doctor and make the entire Biopic a meta experience. Laughing
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:19 pm

I think Soloman is a great casting call. I see a lot of Hartnell in him.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:04 am

I think they have picked a great cast. I am hoping the script is up to their abilities.
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:31 pm

I only break out this word when I can't help myself (goes back to when I was a kid): NEATO!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:27 am

The BBC has announced that actor David Bradley will play William Hartnell in the upcoming docudrama An Adventure in Space and Time, detailing events leading to the creation of Doctor Who fifty years ago.

Bradley is best known for playing Hogwarts caretaker Argus Filch in the Harry Potter film series. He is also an established theatre actor with a career that includes a Laurence Olivier Award for a supporting role in a production of King Lear.

This won't be Bradley's first involvement with the worlds of Doctor Who. He played Solomon in last year's episode Dinosaurs on a Spaceship and provided a Shansheeth voice in the 2010 Sarah Jane Adventures story Death of the Doctor.

An Adventure in Space and Time will tell the story behind the creation of Doctor Who and the many personalities involved. The BBC’s Head of Drama Sydney Newman, credited with the creation of the show, will be portrayed by Shakespearean actor Brian Cox, who voiced the elder Ood in the 2009 Doctor Who episode The End of Time.

Doctor Who's first producer, Verity Lambert, will be played by Call the Midwife star Jessica Raine (shortly to appear in one of this year's episodes), while the director of the first serial, Waris Hussein, will be played by Sacha Dhawan, best known for his appearances in The History Boys and Last Tango In Halifax. (Some photos of Waris and Sacha together can be seen courtesy of the Radio Times.)

Commenting on his upcoming role, Bradley said:
I’m absolutely thrilled. I first heard about this role from Mark [Gatiss] while watching the Diamond Jubilee flotilla from the roof of the National Theatre. When he asked if I would be interested, I almost bit his hand off! Mark has written such a wonderful script not only about the birth of a cultural phenomenon, but a moment in television’s history. William Hartnell was one of the finest character actors of our time and as a fan I want to make sure that I do him justice. I’m so looking forward to getting started.

The one-off 90-minute BBC Two drama has been written by Doctor Who writer and actor Mark Gatiss, who will also act as executive producer alongside Steven Moffat and Caroline Skinner.

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time Docu910
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:46 am

Principal Photography for the Mark Gatiss drama exploring the creation of Doctor Who, An Adventure in Space and Time, kicked off on Sunday 3rd February, with the writer proclaiming: It begins!, executive producer Caroline Skinner exclaiming: "I am on set - in 1963!!! An Adventure in Space and Time begins..........", and producer Matt Strevens commenting: "Standing on the set, day 1. Very exciting.".

As previously reported, the show's first Doctor is being played by David Bradley (with producer Matt Strevens describing him as "what a lovely man he is. Being very gentle. He's going to blow people's socks off in this.") Another of the original cast, Carole Ann Ford as Susan, has now been confirmed to be played by newcomer Claudia Grant - as reported by the agency run by William Hartnell's real-life granddaughter Jessica Carney! The actors to play the roles of William Russell and Jacqueline Hill have yet to be announced.

The set in question mentioned by Strevens was the lobby of BBC Television Centre itself, which had been made up to resemble the BBC Club as seen in the iconic photograph of producer Verity Lambert alongside the original season cast.

Day One's filming was successfully completed, with the producer concluding: "That's day 1 of An Adventure' in the bag. A very good day, lovely vibe on set. Outdoors all day tomorrow. Winter draws on." Outdoors Monday turned out to be on Wimbledon Common, where a police box prop was spotted during the day.

Filming for Tuesday was reported as taking place on a residential street, Wilton Road in Merton, with further filming to take place inside a house made up to resemble a residence suitable for the 1960s.

Talking about the casting of David Bradley, Mark Gatiss told the Radio Times:
I’ve had David in my head for years. I’ve been trying to do this [project] for years – I tried to do it for the 40th anniversary! And before that, really – it’s taken about 12 years.

Though details of the scope of the drama have yet to be formally announced, actor Peter Purves suggested at last weekend's William Hartnell Years convention that the drama would focus on Verity Lambert's time as producer (which would also encompass the start of his time on the show). Talking about the drama itself, Mark Gatiss also told the Radio Times:
It’s mostly the personal journey of William Hartnell and his relationship with [Doctor Who producer] Verity Lambert. Eventually he had to leave, and none of us like to find that we are replaceable.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:09 am

I wonder how they will recreate the classic TARDIS console in the episode? I imagine we'll see a glimpse at least at some point. I wonder if they'll build it or try to do it with special effects.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:12 am

jonwes wrote:
I wonder how they will recreate the classic TARDIS console in the episode? I imagine we'll see a glimpse at least at some point. I wonder if they'll build it or try to do it with special effects.
Perhaps a fan has a replica they'd be willing to loan? I'd imagine they'd try to have an actual set, because the BBC doesn't have budget to CGI in everything.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:26 am

jonwes wrote:

Follow this link for pictures.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/02/aaisat-060213010008.html

Looks like they rebuilt the original prop. See thru windows and all.

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time Imagephp_zps24c6bf8b

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time Image2php_zpscc235c69

oh, you meant console. Well, if they rebuilt this, let's hope they rebuild that as well. And then it could be used in the regular show.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:40 am

It's cool to see the outside, but did it really look that beat up to start with? Very Happy I'm sure they are being as accurate as possible. I'm hoping they build an actual set too. I don't know how much they are going to show "filming" so I when I said CGI I meant maybe a simple model that just appears in the background with limited interaction. Hopefully there's more!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:54 am

And this is Susan:

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time Susanphp_zps05ad1efe
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:58 am

jonwes wrote:
It's cool to see the outside, but did it really look that beat up to start with? Very Happy I'm sure they are being as accurate as possible. I'm hoping they build an actual set too. I don't know how much they are going to show "filming" so I when I said CGI I meant maybe a simple model that just appears in the background with limited interaction. Hopefully there's more!

It sure looked very beat up when I watch the first episodes. I would think they would build a console room set, if they even need it. I have read this is a story of the relationship between Hartnell and Verity. I hope it is based on fact,and does not become a soap opera.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Well, all drama is about relationships so I doubt that means it'll be a soap opera. Smile

Since Gatiss has been, basically, working on this (in his head if nowhere else) for over a decade I'm hoping it's going to be something special.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:36 pm

I guess I am hoping for more of a Docu-drama type presentation. I think of something like Pearl Harbor compared to Tora,Tora,Tora. I would rather watch TTT any day.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Its is drama....

It’s mostly the personal journey of William Hartnell and his relationship with [Doctor Who producer] Verity Lambert. Eventually he had to leave, and none of us like to find that we are replaceable.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time   Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:19 pm

so looking forward to this- about time they paid a tribute to the tv trail blazers that made the show that we love...
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who: An Adventure in Space and Time
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next