hitman hart
10 posters
AuthorMessage
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

tom baker returns for the new season? Empty
PostSubject: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/324944/Tom-s-appointment-for-Doctor-s-50th

is this real?
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:27 pm

hitman hart wrote:
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/324944/Tom-s-appointment-for-Doctor-s-50th

is this real?

I hope so! However, I don't know whether or not express.co.uk has reliable sources...
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:02 pm

I wouldn't trust anything from that newspaper, but a Tom cameo + Matt leaving sounds pretty good right now!

The date of the article is June 7th, 2012. Tom did an appearance on June 6th where he was asked if he would return and he said he'd be open to it, if the script was right. I highly doubt a deal was reached between the time he left the convention and when the newspaper went to print later that same evening.

Doesn't mean it won't happen though!

tom baker returns for the new season? Tomatwindow
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:20 pm

rdks wrote:
I wouldn't trust anything from that newspaper, but a Tom cameo + Matt leaving sounds pretty good right now!

That does sound good.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:11 pm

rdks wrote:
tom baker returns for the new season? Tomatwindow

Love
this picture, rdks!

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Love that picture too,and that scarf still looks great on him!
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:43 am

rdks wrote:
Matt leaving sounds pretty good right now!

Music to my ears! An absolute symphony I tells ya!!!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:58 am

Just Scott wrote:
rdks wrote:
Matt leaving sounds pretty good right now!

Music to my ears! An absolute symphony I tells ya!!!

Actually, I would not mind Matt staying, it is Moffat that I think needs some improvement. If only Douglas Adams was still around to write an episode for him.....that would be fun!
Back to top Go down
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:00 am

Ok mock poor Matt, but when he goes and gets replaced by Justin Bieber then you'll be sorry.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:32 am

Ronpur wrote:

Actually, I would not mind Matt staying, it is Moffat that I think needs some improvement. If only Douglas Adams was still around to write an episode for him.....that would be fun!

You may have a point Ron - Maybe it is Moff & not Matt? Maybe my opinions towards Matt are blinkered & fueled by other - more darker - forces??? Wink

Doctor Detroit wrote:
Ok mock poor Matt, but when he goes and gets replaced by Justin Bieber then you'll be sorry.

tom baker returns for the new season? 268641_2270582245490_1681672_n

Good point Doctor Detroit!! bounce cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:39 am

I like Matt, I dislike Moffat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:45 am

Scary wrote:
I like Matt, I dislike Moffat.

What is it with the Moff? He (to me) hasn't reached the greatness of his contributions to the series before he gained control...

However, this probably should be discussed in a separate thread.

That is an awesome picture rdks! I soooooo want that scarf...
Back to top Go down
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:46 pm

I would squeel like a little girl if Tom did happen to stroll into an episode in the old Fourth Doctor role. Maybe show the new guy how it's done. lol

Matt Smith has really grown on me and I have to agree with Ronpur: Moffat could use some tweeking. Blink is one of my all time favorite episodes so I know the guy is capable of some absolutely brilliant writing. Davies seemed to put a lot of heart into the series whereas Moffat just seems to put a lot of thought into it.
Back to top Go down
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:47 pm

Love that pic, btw.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:09 pm

I've never really watched a full series of Nu Who, except since the 9th Dr left, but did enjoy last year's christmas special and i thought Matt Smith was a lot better than Tennant. I think he plays it pretty well and yet the other characters are boring. The stories are probably tiring as well, LOL. I hope to enjoy the new series and the new companion and i do wish he stays around for a while, i'm wondering if the Doctor can last another 20 years! If Tom does turn up in the anniversary special i hope he gets a juicy part. Imagine he morphs into Matt Smith's body while Matt is in a weird coma that cannot be awoken but only by a human touch. Tom can play the human, who is the first person to approach him. Suddenly the magic begins and Tom Baker is the Doctor. Soon after,he notices his reflection of his face, he sees himself as the 4th Dr and hence dons the look of that amazing photo, RDKS posted.
Imagine That! LOL
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: tom baker returns for the new season?   tom baker returns for the new season? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:00 pm

A body switching episode! What a cool way to get the older actors to be "The Doctor" again. Tom could be some evil warlord who is dying and wants a Timelord body to regenerate! So,Matt would be evil,and Tom could be the Doctor!
Back to top Go down

tom baker returns for the new season?
Page 1 of 1