16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  Empty
PostSubject: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:57 pm

i thought id start a what if sorta topic. this is for toys that have been neglected to be made, or were made so long ago they require an update or for lines that may have started but never finished with characters that were needed. here's the list that has been rattling around in my head all day.

1. a must for me is the whole crew from firefly. i want this more than just about anything in the world. they were started but only got mal and jane.

2. a charles gunn figure. i am a huge buffy and angle fan, heck honestly for me anything whedon does is great, but i am missing one of the most important figures from angel. i need a charles gunn!

3. original movie clash of the titans figures. there were some when i was a kid but they need an update.

4. a resonably priced set of james bond figures in the vein of mcfarlane toys, i think this could be really awesome.

5. new buck rogers figures in the mcfarlane style

6. some of the key characters form sg1 that weren't made.

Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:02 pm

I would like some updated Babylon 5 figures! A completel rehaul of the original released figures, as well as some of the characters that didn't get made.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:12 pm

hitman... I'd love Firefly figures on scale with the Who figures!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
CGren123
CGren123

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:16 pm

Calixar wrote:

Personally, I would like more lines in scale with the Who figures! I'd also love for the Doctor's TARDIS to materialize in Warehouse 13!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:20 pm

No secret from my customs that I'd love book-based Oz action figures...

Being Human (UK) figures would be great.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:36 pm

hitman hart wrote:
3. original movie clash of the titans figures. there were some when i was a kid but they need an update.
Loved that line as a kid. Still got the Kraken here somewhere!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:01 pm

I quite agree on Firefly. A full crew release would sell big time. And don't forget Saffron.

I'd love more and new B5.

Id want a Owen figure so we'd have all the figures for the main Torchwood cast.

Definitely more X Files figures. The few that Todd Toys did were great, but so many more humans and creatures out there that would be good figures.

A series that did get figures at the time but were pretty poor quality was Robotech.

I know they recently made new Mego style figures, but I'd like regular style action figures for Space 1999.

How about some bionic love? Wouldn't need many figures at all... just Steve, Jaime, Oscar, Rudy, Bigfoot, and a Venus Probe.

I'd love a Forever Knight set with Nick, Nat, Lacroix and Janette.

Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Lexx, Red Dwarf, Torchwood (good figures, anyways), Highlander.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:04 pm

How about Best of British Sci-Fi? Do a bunch of different figures from different UK sci fi shows and that way you appeal to a huge audience.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Anime figures, and I mean ones that can be bought in a domestic store, yet still looking great and well made.

And some of the anime series I'd like to see done in figure form would be:

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Myoshimon: Tales of Agriculture
Goshogun
Golgo 13
Mazinger and various Go! Nagi series
Evengelian

Various video game characters would be nice, too...like Metroid....with Samus and the various beasties from the game.

Other ones that would be nice would be from Buffy, just to have a figure that actually looks like Alyson Hannigan, finally. A line of figures from The Last Starfighter would rock.

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:02 am

The Last Starfighter!! Would love that!

Same with B-5.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:15 am

Ronpur wrote:

Same with B-5.

Yes, plus a Gunstar would be sooooooo nice.

I also would like to see modern figures made for The Black Hole.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:32 am

The Castellan wrote:
Anime figures, and I mean ones that can be bought in a domestic store, yet still looking great and well made.

Evengelian

I quite agree. It's a shame that mecha oriented series tend to overkill on the mecha but neglect the human characters.

Not one of the super articulated (and expensive) die cast versions, but I have a 12" plastic Grandizer on my anime shelf. That was the first anime I ever watched, when Showtime was running the Force Five movies edited from the tv series.

I could do with an Orion Quest and Brenda figure from Grandizer.

Definitely would love a character line for Evangelion. My favorite anime series (hence the name Cruel Angel). I have the Rei and Asuka figures that Kaiyodo first did from the series, and the Fraulein Revoltech Rei, Asuka, and Mari figures from You Can Not Advance. Would be nice if someone made articulated figures for the rest of the Nerv pilots and staff.

I wouldn't mind some action figures from Tenchi Muyo too. I have the 12" figures that Toynami did, but they only made Tenchi, Ryoko and Ayeka. A 5" line would be nice and have everyone else from the 'main cast' like Mihoshi, Washu, Yosho, Sasami and Kiyone. Plenty more if you expand into the tv series, films, and spinoffs like GXP.

Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:25 am

Cruel Angel wrote:
The Castellan wrote:

Evengelian

I quite agree. It's a shame that mecha oriented series tend to overkill on the mecha but neglect the human characters.

Not one of the super articulated (and expensive) die cast versions, but I have a 12" plastic Grandizer on my anime shelf. That was the first anime I ever watched, when Showtime was running the Force Five movies edited from the tv series.

I could do with an Orion Quest and Brenda figure from Grandizer.

Definitely would love a character line for Evangelion. My favorite anime series (hence the name Cruel Angel). I have the Rei and Asuka figures that Kaiyodo first did from the series, and the Fraulein Revoltech Rei, Asuka, and Mari figures from You Can Not Advance. Would be nice if someone made articulated figures for the rest of the Nerv pilots and staff.

I wouldn't mind some action figures from Tenchi Muyo too. I have the 12" figures that Toynami did, but they only made Tenchi, Ryoko and Ayeka. A 5" line would be nice and have everyone else from the 'main cast' like Mihoshi, Washu, Yosho, Sasami and Kiyone. Plenty more if you expand into the tv series, films, and spinoffs like GXP.

This is why I keep saying Revoltech and other Japanese figure makers, in addition to Character Options, could make a killing with the figures they make here in North America.

I mean, we need something other than Bandai of America being one of the few option here.

I'd love Tenchi figures, myself. cheers
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:08 am

The Castellan wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Same with B-5.

Yes, plus a Gunstar would be sooooooo nice.

I also would like to see modern figures made for The Black Hole.

A gunstar!! I have seen resin kits of the ship, but they are very costly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:48 am

The Castellan wrote:

Other ones that would be nice would be from Buffy, just to have a figure that actually looks like Alyson Hannigan, finally.

I've been planning to collect at least one figure of each core character, and am choosing whichever variant I like the most for each...which isn't very easy: every figure of her looks terrible to me.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:39 am

kcooper76 wrote:
The Castellan wrote:

Other ones that would be nice would be from Buffy, just to have a figure that actually looks like Alyson Hannigan, finally.

I've been planning to collect at least one figure of each core character, and am choosing whichever variant I like the most for each...which isn't very easy: every figure of her looks terrible to me.

Hence why another company needs to make it. Sideshow already cowabungled it already, and Topcow's only sorta look like her.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:31 am

A full Firefly crew would be brilliant! My Brother and I were discussing them the other day, and he and I came with several other figures from the series, such as the Hands of Blue and the Observer, we'd like in figure form!

As for B5, I would also like Titanium Diecasts, similar to the Battlestar line Hasbro used to make!

And a new range of Buffy & Angel figures would be brilliant, including some generic Vampires, just for Buffy to slay and of course, all in scale with Doctor Who figures.

Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:57 am

Blakes 7 would be cool.
I'd also love a full line of Farscape figures. I have all the unique figures from the line they produced while the series was on but there are a ton of characters they didn't get to.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:55 pm

I could see Babylon 5 action figures enjoying an almost Star Wars-like drive, even with just Kosh (Encounter Suit, Papa Sheridan, his various 'angel' forms and his true Vorlon form). Each character could have two variants, Earthforce Uniform and their new uniforms, and we could even have simple, generic figures of the various aliens.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:13 pm

Althouigh i'd love the original Blakes7 line up in C/O scale to be released my main dream would be to have is the Liberator. And i don't mean a 10 inch minituare am talking about a modest 18 inches. I really would love to display her, why o why
doesn't any kit company realise this! The only kit that was available is only 9 inches and is very collectable. I have it in the bowels of my collection but like i stated i want one twice as big.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:37 am

Calixar wrote:

that would be so cool!
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:46 am

bret_owen99 wrote:
Lexx, Red Dwarf, Torchwood (good figures, anyways), Highlander.

oooooh, lex and highlander would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:50 am

on the buffy note, i agree with the general concensus. i dont have a set of them because i have never seen a set that i like. i want a neutral librarian giles with glasses on, and buffy zander and willow from highschool. that would be enough for me. i have angel and spike already, i might get a oz and a cordy too but i would be happy with the four i mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see    what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see  EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Blade Runner
Back to top Go down

what toys from sci fi and fantasy would you like to see
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next