Peter Moffatt - 1923 -2007

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

Peter Moffatt - 1923 -2007 Empty
PostSubject: Peter Moffatt - 1923 -2007   Peter Moffatt - 1923 -2007 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 7:05 pm

Spotted this on the BBC Doctor Who news page. As always link below with article quoted for the at work browsers.
Veteran Doctor Who director passes away.
Quote :

It's with great sadness that we have to announce that Classic Series director Peter Moffatt died on 21 October 2007.

Peter directed six stories in total for the series, from 1980's State of Decay to 1985's The Two Doctors. Possibly his finest achievement was 1983's anniversary epic The Five Doctors.

Since then, Peter was a regular contributor to the extras for the Classic Series DVD releases.

As well as his work on Doctor Who, Moffatt worked on many other high-profile series during his distinguished career. These included All Creatures Great and Small, Juliet Bravo and Within These Walls.

A sad loss for the world of Who. I have very fond memories of the Five Doctors. It ran on our local PBS station during fund raising one year, missed a collectors cup by one call. I had to plead with the parental units to make the donation only to learn the last item was gone. At least I got to help keep the Doctor adventuring on until the next pledge drive. Anybody know if Steven is any relation?
Back to top Go down

Peter Moffatt - 1923 -2007
Page 1 of 1