Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th!

Go down 
+2
pixletwin
Ronpur
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th! Empty
PostSubject: Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th!   Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th! EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 2:56 pm

I have been reading the new Doctor Who Magazine Special: The Year of the Doctor. They mention the scene that took place in the Black Archive when Clara saw the photos of the past companions. She was to see a photos of the past Doctors, all on Earth and of Peter Cushing from the movies and stare at him. Kate Stewart would reply that, "The actor Peter Cushing, yes. A couple of the Doctor's old companions got a couple of films made. Fortunately, they were wildly inaccurate. This way!"

I would have loved this reference, and as far as I am concerned, it will be part of my personal Who cannon from now on! I would have to suppose it was Ian and Barbara who was involved in their production!
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th!   Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th! EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 3:30 pm

Me too. It would have been a great way of canonizing Cushing and at the same time not canonizing. Shame they couldn't get the rights to the posters. Sad
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th!   Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th! EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Yeah, that would have been a great way to canonize it without destroying canon because of how obviously non-canon the films actually are. bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
fatsal
fatsal

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2014-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th!   Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th! EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 11:47 pm

I agree, that's awesome. Maybe we can get a DVD extra with that scene some day so it can be official.
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th!   Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th! EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 12:19 am

It would have been plausible for Ian and Barbra to write a book or have a screen play commissioned called "Dr. Who and the Daleks".
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th!   Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th! EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 5:42 pm

fatsal wrote:
I agree, that's awesome. Maybe we can get a DVD extra with that scene some day so it can be official.

Unfortunately, it was never filmed, but they could always do it in another episode.
Back to top Go down
fatsal
fatsal

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2014-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th!   Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th! EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 5:44 pm

Ronpur wrote:
fatsal wrote:

Unfortunately, it was never filmed, but they could always do it in another episode.

Don't we still need to see Clara's first visit to the Black Archive as referenced in Day of the Doctor? Perhaps they could shoot it then (if they even care, that is)?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th!   Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th! EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 5:44 pm

SJA wrote:
It would have been plausible for Ian and Barbra to write a book or have a screen play commissioned called "Dr. Who and the Daleks".

They were the ones who experienced both adventures, so it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th!   Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th! EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 5:45 pm

fatsal wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
fatsal wrote:

Don't we still need to see Clara's first visit to the Black Archive as referenced in Day of the Doctor? Perhaps they could shoot it then (if they even care, that is)?

Ah, we can say that is when it happened!
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th!   Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th! EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:36 am

Very cool idea! That should have gone into the finished story. Ah well. It's good to read about it in any case. Kind of like the epilogue to "The Angels Take Manhatten," at least that got a storyboard with a Rory voice-over.
Back to top Go down

Peter Cushing.....Almost was in the 50th!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: