13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I heard someone talking as we left that there was no way Shaw could have been walking just after a c-section. But this is future med tech and we don't really know how the healed her muscles. I was walking 12 hours after my stomach surgery.

Plus she kept injecting her self with meds every few minutes from what I saw.

Hoping the extra 20 minutes on the video release will help in some aspects.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 3:39 pm

just watched it. while i enjoyed it, i found it vauge and unable to live up to the hype it generated. avengers is still the best movie of the summer so far!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Can anyone answer these questions?
Spoiler:
I only saw the movie once, at a 12:15am showing, so maybe I missed some stuff. The guy next to me was snoring quite loudly for about 20 minutes near the middle. Perhaps I might of dozed off for a short nap?

Then there are bigger "questions" that the director wants us to ponder.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:33 pm

squishy wrote:
Can anyone answer these questions?
Spoiler:
I only saw the movie once, at a 12:15am showing, so maybe I missed some stuff. The guy next to me was snoring quite loudly for about 20 minutes near the middle. Perhaps I might of dozed off for a short nap?

Then there are bigger "questions" that the director wants us to ponder.
Spoiler:

Hmm...I will try:

Spoiler:

This is only what I gathered from watching the flick and reading various posts on other boards.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:47 pm

The 3rd wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:50 pm

kcooper76 wrote:
The 3rd wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yeah exactly...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:20 pm

How the heck was David's head still on the floor in the same place after that ship crash???
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Ronpur wrote:
How the heck was David's head still on the floor in the same place after that ship crash???

LOL...um...maybe the milky substance was also sticky like glue Razz ?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:23 pm

The 3rd wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Maybe. Not sure why that just struck me as odd!
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Ronpur wrote:
The 3rd wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

Nah, I think it was an oversight...I would have thought that his head would have been tossed around all over the place...
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Ronpur wrote:
The 3rd wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

i had the same thought. lol. my in story guess or little white lie i told my self, was maybe the gravity and atmosphere in the ship was really tight! lol best guess. although i like the goo theory better! over all, i think if i had been handed this movie without knowing about it and just watched it then i would have been pretty satisfied, but i think i got to hyped up for it and my expectations were too high. although the flip side of that coin is i had my expectations up just as much if not more for avengers and it blew me away sooooooo, i got real kinda mixed feelings about this movie. lol
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:18 pm

[quote="The 3rd"]
squishy wrote:
Can anyone answer these questions?Hmm...I will try:

Spoiler:

This is only what I gathered from watching the flick and reading various posts on other boards.

Oh bugger, this quoting spoilers within quotes is getting a bit difficult to navigate. But let's try:

Spoiler:
Still just trying to figure out if this was the greatest film ever and I'm thick, or if someone forgot to make sure it still all made sense after they cut 30 minutes from it.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:41 pm

squishy wrote:

Oh bugger, this quoting spoilers within quotes is getting a bit difficult to navigate. But let's try:

Spoiler:
Still just trying to figure out if this was the greatest film ever and I'm thick, or if someone forgot to make sure it still all made sense after they cut 30 minutes from it.

Hmm...

Spoiler:

I need to watch the flick again so I can pick up on some things that I missed the first go-round. Hopefully the extra 20-30 minutes will help with the characterization issues, but I guess we won't find that out until the DVD/Blu-Ray release. To me, this just seems to be a springboard for sequels...

I think it's interesting how some people state that a sequel was shot back to back with this one and will be out soon...I'm not sold on that rumor.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:33 pm

The 3rd wrote:

I need to watch the flick again so I can pick up on some things that I missed the first go-round. Hopefully the extra 20-30 minutes will help with the characterization issues, but I guess we won't find that out until the DVD/Blu-Ray release. To me, this just seems to be a springboard for sequels...

I think it's interesting how some people state that a sequel was shot back to back with this one and will be out soon...I'm not sold on that rumor.

I agree. Hopefully another movie and the extended cut of this one will make sense of it all. Otherwise it just looks like a movie editted by committee who really didn't proofread the whole thing when they were finished.

Leaving big questions unanswered like
Spoiler:
make for sequal springboards. Having poor characterization and illogical motivations just makes for a mess.

And that reminds me, if there were
Spoiler:

But I'll reiterate that I think the photography of this movie was very good. Not so much the plot. But it was mildly exciting and somewhat suspenseful in places.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:49 pm

squishy wrote:

I agree. Hopefully another movie and the extended cut of this one will make sense of it all. Otherwise it just looks like a movie editted by committee who really didn't proofread the whole thing when they were finished.

Leaving big questions unanswered like
Spoiler:
make for sequal springboards. Having poor characterization and illogical motivations just makes for a mess.

And that reminds me, if there were
Spoiler:

But I'll reiterate that I think the photography of this movie was very good. Not so much the plot. But it was mildly exciting and somewhat suspenseful in places.

Yeah, I don't get:
Spoiler:

I still like the movie...plotholes and all lol. I agree, the photography was very good and it was nice to see a movie where they actually construct huge sets instead of relying wholly on CG.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:55 pm

I just have to wonder if Scott likes to just leave his movies with a lot of unanswered questions. Now that I think of it, Alien left a few and so did Blade Runner (which I am sorry, but I did not enjoy at all)

He maybe just trying to be more mysterious.

Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)   Prometheus (ALIEN prequel) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I just have to wonder if Scott likes to just leave his movies with a lot of unanswered questions. Now that I think of it, Alien left a few and so did Blade Runner (which I am sorry, but I did not enjoy at all)

He maybe just trying to be more mysterious.

What's interesting too, is that he has gone back and re-edited them as 'Director's Cuts'. Did that with Legend as well...
Back to top Go down

Prometheus (ALIEN prequel)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2