Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

this proves doctor who is bigger than ever.

Go down 
+2
jfh1970
hitman hart
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

this proves doctor who is bigger than ever. Empty
PostSubject: this proves doctor who is bigger than ever.   this proves doctor who is bigger than ever. EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 8:20 pm

first off i live in po dunk columbia south carolina where as i like to say we were the first state to leave the union and the last one to do anything progressive afterwards, so imagine my surprise when i went into wallmart today and saw all of seasons part 1 and 2 for the sixth seasons not only being carried by wallmart but sold out except for one part 2 left on the shelf! its good to be a who fan! the local super cool music and dvd store is now carrying the action figures too! yeah!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: this proves doctor who is bigger than ever.   this proves doctor who is bigger than ever. EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 4:54 am

YAY! cheers Wish I could be that lucky. Sad All I can get are magazines. Sad
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: this proves doctor who is bigger than ever.   this proves doctor who is bigger than ever. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:51 am

I was listening to the radio earlier tonight and a certain chain of stores was running an advertisement. One of the things that they mentioned that they had was Doctor Who. This made me happy because someone out there thinks that the show is worth promoting. Which it is of course! Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: this proves doctor who is bigger than ever.   this proves doctor who is bigger than ever. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:07 am

jfh1970 wrote:
I was listening to the radio earlier tonight and a certain chain of stores was running an advertisement. One of the things that they mentioned that they had was Doctor Who. This made me happy because someone out there thinks that the show is worth promoting. Which it is of course! Smile

what store was it?
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: this proves doctor who is bigger than ever.   this proves doctor who is bigger than ever. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:25 am

One of the flyers that came with my local newspaper today was for an independent toy store and they had a bunch of Who items. S6 DVD set, 11's Sonic, Alarm Clock Dalek, Xmas tree ornament Dalek, and the disappearing Tardis mug.

The prices were about 40% higher than WhoNA sells them for, so I won't be shopping there (except to get my dad a Star Trek Enterprise bottle opener). Still, cool to see them "offline".
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: this proves doctor who is bigger than ever.   this proves doctor who is bigger than ever. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:41 am

can't stop the shining!!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: this proves doctor who is bigger than ever.   this proves doctor who is bigger than ever. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:42 am

MattyLover11 wrote:
jfh1970 wrote:

what store was it?

I don't think I'm supposed to write the name of the store on here so I'll send you an e-mail. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: this proves doctor who is bigger than ever.   this proves doctor who is bigger than ever. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:42 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
MattyLover11 wrote:
jfh1970 wrote:

what store was it?

I don't think I'm supposed to write the name of the store on here so I'll send you an e-mail. Smile

ok got it. thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dr.dalek
dr.dalek

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: this proves doctor who is bigger than ever.   this proves doctor who is bigger than ever. EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 6:27 pm

it made me happy to be a whovian when I saw five people dressed as doctor who characters this halloween including a son and daughter as the doctor and amy and their dad as a silent.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: this proves doctor who is bigger than ever.   this proves doctor who is bigger than ever. EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 12:10 pm

I forgot to mention... since you mentioned Halloween... downtown Coeur d'Alene that afternoon a lot of local businesses do this trick-or-treat thing. There were several hundred kids doing the rounds. Lots of clever outfits, I have to say the kid dressed as a port-o-potty was the one that got the biggest laugh from me (and it was very good).
But even here in the depths of the Pacific Northwest's ignorance capital I saw a little girl dressed as a Dalek.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: this proves doctor who is bigger than ever.   this proves doctor who is bigger than ever. EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:07 pm

Of course it's big here, I been saying that for years. Another reason why DVD's and figures would sell well, given a chance to sell, and NOT like that Toys R' Us did a couple of years back.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: this proves doctor who is bigger than ever.   this proves doctor who is bigger than ever. EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 7:57 pm

Digital Spy - 'Doctor Who' named most-downloaded US iTunes show over 'Modern Family'
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: this proves doctor who is bigger than ever.   this proves doctor who is bigger than ever. EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:13 pm

The Castellan wrote:
Of course it's big here, I been saying that for years. Another reason why DVD's and figures would sell well, given a chance to sell, and NOT like that Toys R' Us did a couple of years back.

I know Toys R Us really went downhill. Sad They had Doctor Who toys then nothing!
Back to top Go down

this proves doctor who is bigger than ever.
Page 1 of 1