jaredofmo
Ronpur
Rust
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special Empty
PostSubject: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Looks pretty good...

Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:39 pm

Looks amusing, which is what I've come to expect out of Smith. It'll be fun to watch this Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 7:52 am

And no Amy!
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:16 am

Ronpur wrote:
And no Amy!
At least, not a lot. Apparently, they were seen filming a scene in front of Amy and Rory's house. And yes, Karen and Arthur were there. So, they might have a cameo.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:30 am

jaredofmo wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
And no Amy!
At least, not a lot. Apparently, they were seen filming a scene in front of Amy and Rory's house. And yes, Karen and Arthur were there. So, they might have a cameo.

I'm guessing that the Doc will visit them at the end of the episode...
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:27 pm

Guvnagrover wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
Ronpur wrote:
And no Amy!

I'm guessing that the Doc will visit them at the end of the episode...
It's what I think, too. Still, a little is not "no."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Yeah I can't wait for this episode myself. Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:49 pm

MattyLover11 wrote:

Hope it's good...can't believe it took you this long to comment on it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:53 pm

Guvnagrover wrote:
MattyLover11 wrote:

Hope it's good...can't believe it took you this long to comment on it Very Happy

I know. I just found the thread tonight. guess you can say I'm getting better and my cold is finally going away. Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Ronpur wrote:
And no Amy!

Which for me, is a negative feature of this.

I never have high hopes for the specials, especially with Smith......but strictly considering the visuals we have here, this looks impressive.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:51 pm

The trailer doesn't over-excite me to be honest. The episode looks good but I find the trailer disappointing. Just not very overwhelmed for this one... Which is usually a good thing for me because it usually means I like the episode a lot more than I expected to... But we'll see.

P.S. An episode thread that I have not made? This is sacrilegious! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:47 pm

Scary wrote:

P.S. An episode thread that I have not made? This is sacrilegious! Razz

lol! ...sorry Scary!
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:27 am

I wasn't impressed much by the title or the trailer to be honest. However, I wasn't very impressed with either for "A Christmas Carol" and I really enjoyed that one, so here's hoping it's another case of that.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 7:26 pm

I'll let you off, Guvnagrover. Razz

CGren123 wrote:
I wasn't impressed much by the title or the trailer to be honest. However, I wasn't very impressed with either for "A Christmas Carol" and I really enjoyed that one, so here's hoping it's another case of that.

I'm in the exact same boat. The trailer for Christmas Carol was such an anticlimax for me. However I liked the episode so much I'd go as far to say it was one of Smith's best. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Scary wrote:
I'll let you off, Guvnagrover. Razz

LOL - well, I didn't include a poll on how good or bad the episode was (well, once everyone has seen it) - you can start that thread Smile
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:12 pm

*Does a victory dance*

Thank you Cool Razz
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Will wait for the Blu-ray. Last year's special was rubbish and this years doesn't look any better (there is a pre-review out which only confirms things for me).
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Moff was on a morning talk show and said that last year's special was pretty much a carbon copy of A Christmas Carol wheras this new one just has a flavor of Narnia. I'm not convinced nor am I impressed. Of course it doesn't help that I'm not a fan of the Christmas specials to begin with
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:46 pm

jfh1970 wrote:
Moff was on a morning talk show and said that last year's special was pretty much a carbon copy of A Christmas Carol wheras this new one just has a flavor of Narnia. I'm not convinced nor am I impressed. Of course it doesn't help that I'm not a fan of the Christmas specials to begin with

I do not like the Christmas specials. Last year was a copy of Christmas carol and this years looks like Narnia, Can't he come up with an original Christmas special?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:04 pm

davro wrote:
jfh1970 wrote:

I do not like the Christmas specials. Last year was a copy of Christmas carol and this years looks like Narnia, Can't he come up with an original Christmas special?

still new to me. Smile

Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 4:10 pm

It just finished here in England! Brilliant episode, very funny and emotional too. Nice to see the Doctor accept that he has a family at the end. Smile

Much better than I thought it would be indeed, I can't seem to trust the trailers that they put out there.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 4:22 pm

SPOILERS!
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 6:44 pm

I liked it okay. It was enjoyable enough, but I'll admit there were times when it had an oddly cheap feel to it, as though it was just all a bit rushed.

I don't know it was the best Christmas special of the bunch. I wish they'd let Matt Smith be less wacky. I think a little goes a long way. That being said, it was an amusing diversion.

The last scene was probably the best.

Last edited by jonwes on Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 6:45 pm

Definitely a winner to me! Matt Smith is a brilliant and funny Doctor. Did any viewers think of Horror Of Fang Rock and Mechanoid Sontaran style spaceships during this story?
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special   The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Hey Guvnagrover, how about adding the poll that we have come to know and also 'S6E14' to the title, what with you stealing my tradition and all that. Wink Razz
Back to top Go down

The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe - Xmas Special
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next